Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I'm not sure the name of it, but my boss does it several times daily, almost anytime he wanders into my office.
Does he wear pleated Dockers, and did he used to clip his cell phone to his pants? I'm getting a distinct mental image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 11:41 AM

5,985 posts, read 13,133,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
It doesn't matter which term is used. You would just be substituting one word for another. The other word would then develop the same meaning as the first word. Then someone else would be here on this forum saying "Weird is too hurtful! Let's bring back 'creepy'!"

If you approach a lot and you get called creepy every now and then, I wouldn't sweat it. It might just be that particular girl.

If you don't approach much and get called creepy a lot, then you need to evaluate what you're doing. Chances are that you ARE creepy. You need to find out why and how to change it.
No I am not talking about myself at all, in case anyone was wondering. I most definitely do NOT get called that. However I was a little of a late bloomer in fine tuning my social skills and interactions. It was only through careful observation of those around me, that I was able to overcome any awkwardness over time in college, etc.

But . . . being having memories of being a late bloomer of course means that I have sympathy and empathy for men who still struggle For example I do have a couple friends I still keep in touch with from college that have Aspergers, because while I was never in that category, I want to help them particularly. And guys that do have Aspergers or something similar can't potentially come across as creepy, because they brains are not programmed in a way that allow a natural comfortable connection.

In this case, many of these guys, are indeed most certainly harmless, and are indeed just different, in this case "weird" but be a more accurate and not hurtful word. Because in this case they are just . . . odd. They don't see things the way others do.

This can also apply to any kind of nerdy type too, not just those diagnosed with Aspergers.

I guess that was my purpose for the thread.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:49 PM

11,801 posts, read 12,043,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Does he wear pleated Dockers, and did he used to clip his cell phone to his pants? I'm getting a distinct mental image.
Do you have hidden cameras in my office? And what is this "used to" clip his cell phone.....

Old 01-17-2013, 02:39 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,785,350 times
I love creeping up from behind on the ladies.

Guess what is in my front pocket!

Old 01-17-2013, 02:43 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
I love creeping up from behind on the ladies.

Guess what is in my front pocket!
Seems legit.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:48 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,922,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post

Old 01-17-2013, 02:49 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,922,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
And what is this "used to" clip his cell phone.....
That was my thought, too. Why would a guy who hasn't stopped wearing pleated pants have stopped using a cell phone clip?

Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,423 times
Dude, he banged Jennifer Aniston.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:24 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
I only find (real) stalkers and men who like little girls bonafide creepy. Anything else would fall under the "weird" umbrella, which is not as bad.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
I think some women do use the word too liberally, or may lack the vocab to describe a man who is lewd, forward, psychotic.etc. With many women already having their biatch shields up, however, sometimes it can be hard for a man to tread the line between being confident and assertive and being too forward. Women get all up in arms if you invade their personal space, so a lot of it depends on whether she's attracted to you to in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships