Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 08:47 AM

677 posts, read 1,193,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
I have an uncle who's in his mid-50s, handsome guy, doctor and has always wanted to stay single. He never dates. Had one GF (and really pretty too), didn't want to marry her. He's not gay. He loves kids. He loves his family. He's always there. He cooks. He's a comedian.
That's my role model for the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 AM

654 posts, read 3,456,225 times
Nope, nothing strange about being forever single. Some people are called to a life of singleness. I'm going that road myself, have no plans for any relationships down the road. I enjoy my independence.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTechMan View Post
Nope, nothing strange about being forever single. Some people are called to a life of singleness. I'm going that road myself, have no plans for any relationships down the road. I enjoy my independence.
Yes, I believe Nature has a way to leave the wrong people out of the gene pool, even if it doesn't work all the time. My generation will have an awful time having a stable professional life, at least my personal life will be reliable.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:28 PM

182 posts, read 186,647 times
Singles r indepdent peepz, buts itz not very fun

Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,364,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareththebboy View Post
Singles r indepdent peepz, buts itz not very fun
For once I agree with you, on the independent part, but I wish you'd loose the shorthand spelling.

Most long-term single people are very independent and many couldn't find a mate who could accommodate that ... and their basic list, so they just kind of resigned themselves to the fact that it wasn't going to happen. Their happiness doesn't depend on being coupled. Single people know it makes life harder on many levels (socially, economically, emotionally) and one does visualize slipping in the bathtub and breaking their hip at some future point in their life, but then, you've gotta go somehow.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
For once I agree with you, on the independent part, but I wish you'd loose the shorthand spelling.

Most long-term single people are very independent and many couldn't find a mate who could accommodate that ... and their basic list, so they just kind of resigned themselves to the fact that it wasn't going to happen. Their happiness doesn't depend on being coupled. Single people know it makes life harder on many levels (socially, economically, emotionally) and one does visualize slipping in the bathtub and breaking their hip at some future point in their life, but then, you've gotta go somehow.
I think more and more people are going to stay single. It's simply too good not to depend on anyone and not to get nasty surprises when you get home everyday.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM

182 posts, read 186,647 times
My sista never lived by herself she always had a bf to pay half on aparmantz

Old 02-05-2013, 02:07 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

I agree firstly with the shorthand but didnt you say it takes someone really smart to act dumb ? I think he's taking the ****.

Second part also true I worry in never going to meet someone who'll live up to what I want as I've been on my own so long. I don't need someone to make me happy or support me I'm perfectly capable on my own. Plus I'm so comfortable being single I think it would take alot of adjusting emotionally to allow someone in and I'm not sure i want that.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:09 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,708,833 times
OP....Do you honestly want to be single forever or are you just afraid of rejection? Some people enjoy being single and if thats what makes you happy then go for it.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareththebboy View Post
My sista never lived by herself she always had a bf to pay half on aparmantz
It's not wise to depend on another person......what happens when they leave ? Your screwed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships