Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:34 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,911,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I'm really not surprised your single. Dads should stay away from you, you'd intoxicate their kids with your negativity and bitterness
It's YOU'RE single. I wish dads would stay away from me, I don't want them. If I'm such a bad person because I don't date dads then why do the kids in my Sunday school class adore me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Seriously...no offense, but you have issues. There is a LOT more to a person than never married and childless. Do your personalities mesh well together, do you have common interests, are you physically attracted to one another? If this is the only way by which you measure compatibility than no wonder you are striking out all over the place. Okay, you want someone never married and childless but what are you willing to put up with to get that? Look at your taco man...yeah he meets your basic criteria but the guy lives with his mom and is too shy to even ask you out on a date. What possible redeeming qualities does this guy have besides that he's never been married and doesn't have any kids?

I just don't get you. You act like that's the only thing that matters in finding a relationship.
Because they have to fit that first and foremost and yes I'd rather be single than date dads.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:36 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,167,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
It's YOU'RE single. I wish dads would stay away from me, I don't want them. If I'm such a bad person because I don't date dads then why do the kids in my Sunday school class adore me?
Because they probably believe they'll burn in hell if they don't adore you.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
quite frankly, I don't know why single childless women who do not date single dads are being harshly criticized and attacked.

If I were a single mother, I rather somebody tell me beforehand that my single mother status is a deal breaker, better than using me then dump me. Never imagined being honest carries such a big risk.

Idon'tdateyou makes excellent point. She states very clearly "No dads" on her profile and that is her standard. What is so wrong with it? Everybody has standard. A lot of single dads who had messy sexual history and their kids is the result of their irresposible past sexual history. I know a single father who has six children from five different women, but when a single childless woman refuse to date him, he immediately accused her of being shallow. That is not fair either.

Everybody has standard, some women are okay with single fathers, some women cannot. The most important thing is to keep real and being honest. Just like somebody prefer to date white women, somebody prefer to date black or asian women, what is wrong with it?
I don't get it either. I clearly state it in my profile and I am called judgmental because I think some of the men are scummy (like men with many baby mamas). I know it is something I can't handle so I am upfront and honest yet because I am older I am told I need to lower my standards. If I dated a man with multiple baby mamas I would be thinking he'd do the same to me (and he would).

Old 01-17-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Because they probably believe they'll burn in hell if they don't adore you.
Not hardly.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:22 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,589,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barb2go View Post
I am trying to find someone to share my life with, that would enhance me, not change me. Someone to do the day to day. I miss being married and have been single long enough. Time to get back to serious relationship of two people working together on things.
I am finding that most of the god sites charge a good amount if you want to join and even more if you want to do it for only 1 month.
I am thinking I have to pay to even look at who may be interested in some internet flirting or chatting first, not even more serious exchanges of numbers etc.
Has anyone used any of the pay sites and what is your response to them.
I haven't paid to any yet as I want to find out just how much of a scam they really are or if indeed they do work and you do meet some good people.
Thanks for advice. I will be waiting for the posts just like the soulmate.

Going by "barb", I'm assuming you're a girl, and I was under the impression that women never have to pay for posting a listing on a dating service.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:25 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,589,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
If I'm such a bad person because I don't date dads then why do the kids in my Sunday school class adore me?
Because you give them lots of CANDY!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Because you give them lots of CANDY!
Not allowed to give them candy since a couple of kids can't eat it.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:30 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,016,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Going by "barb", I'm assuming you're a girl, and I was under the impression that women never have to pay for posting a listing on a dating service.
All the online dating services charge women. Your confused, we don't have to pay cover charges.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 PM

To be fair many years ago some dating sites did have free profiles for women. I had one on Match over 10 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships