Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
All the good ones are taken sigh.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:40 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
question is ARE YOU READY TO BEAR HIS CHILDREN and do you see him around raising his children with you.

Because everyone should worry about that before they even go out on a date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Because everyone should worry about that before they even go out on a date.
Yeah. Not seeing the relevance here.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
I would wonder why a 35 year old woman was interested in a 25 year old man instead of someone more her own age. If he was 35 and she was 45, it would be different. 25 year olds have a long way to go to "fit in" with most 35 year old people. Even the most mature aren't mature enough. I would think they were a party gal or bar hopper type looking for " a good time". He's 35 and they are 45-50? Bring it on then.
Not all young guys are bar hoppers. When I met my husband, he'd already been established in his career for nearly 7 years.

He works in IT, and tended to work with people who were older than him. I guess that's the culture he was used to and the people he preferred to spend time with were career- and achievement-minded types.

I was in grad school when he and I met. I guess a woman working on her Master's was more intellectually appealing than one who was barely out of high school.

I'm a whimsical sorta person. I can be very serious, but I know how to loosen up and have fun.

I dunno. I think you can see trends with age groups, but you cannot universally apply those trends to every person you meet. Ultimately, you have to get to know people.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
I dated a woman who was 29 years older than me (for reference, I was 25-26) and the relationship lasted a solid year.

Take that!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM

1,341 posts, read 1,627,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Not all young guys are bar hoppers. When I met my husband, he'd already been established in his career for nearly 7 years.

He works in IT, and tended to work with people who were older than him. I guess that's the culture he was used to and the people he preferred to spend time with were career- and achievement-minded types.

I was in grad school when he and I met. I guess a woman working on her Master's was more intellectually appealing than one who was barely out of high school.

I'm a whimsical sorta person. I can be very serious, but I know how to loosen up and have fun.

I dunno. I think you can see trends with age groups, but you cannot universally apply those trends to every person you meet. Ultimately, you have to get to know people.
Not all people are after doing silly things, I agree on that. In fact, I've never been attracted to get drunk around, I always prefered talking with friends instead of trying to get as drunk as possible during the night out. It's good for a change to get wild sometimes, but it's waste of time, energy and money if you keep doing it each week.
However, from my perspective I see it as if you literally "trapped" a guy in a relationship by marrying him and putting legal obligation. Your duty was to inform him and push for children if he doesn't have one. Especially if you do have a child of your own. If you didn't, then you just used a chance because you think you're entitled to try out everything. He just thought he knows what he wants because he is attracted to the mature character that you have, but that alone probably won't be able to keep the relationship on the long run (and by that, I mean on "till death sets you apart", not being X years together).
Let me repeat it again, no matter what older women want to proove... would you stay with an old man if you're in your 20s, if he has no ability to concieve a child with you at all? You may like his character, but children are possibly most important thing in relationship. Most men and women do seek for responsible parenting character in their potential spouse.
And now just imagine if that guy has his child(ren) of his own from previous relationship? And keeps denying children to her? She'll feel like trapped and tricked. She's very likely to change her mind at some point, you can count on that, don't fool yourself. That's highly unfair, given the fact that, like i said, 99% of people (men and women) will think about children at some point of life, virtually all people will. And over 90% will display the desire to have them at some point of their lives. If you ignore this, you're the ignorant one, not me. I know that many older women tend to invest way way more in relationship when dating younger man, even having sex each day if needed, something they'd refrain from any other combination... they consider they're lucky with their younger partner and want to keep him and they think sex will be the dealbreaker, but just like i said, even people who are putting very very high emphasis on sex will NOT stay with you for sex only. Keep that on your mind. Keep note that older men usually don't bother much about things other than romance, so if you remove any physical attraction (let's face it, people in their prime will look better than when they get older, regardless of gender, so the "looks" isn't the main reason why they engage together) main advantage an older man has that older woman doesn't have is that he generally doesn't have a "biological clock" or issues regarding childbirth. Pay note that attractive men and women will tend to end up together if all other factors are excluded (main factor being money) and even with money included, only a small fraction of men will marry younger model, while vast majority of older men who marry younger brides are actually doing it for childbearing, PRIMARILY. You can disregard this, but it's just a fact.

An older man can still concieve a child and due to biological difference his age doesn't matter much at all. An older woman probably won't be able to do it, and even if she can concieve a child (especially if it's the first one), there is a significant chance of miscarriage or some serious health deformation for a child. You can deny it all you want, age of woman plays a big role. Most men DO know this and this is why most of those relationships breakup once they figure out they're trapped.
If you don't want to trap them, you should leave them space to leave (both younger men and women), and you should be the one telling him/her this each time, over and over again. If they don't want, and keep refusing over and over again, big chances are that they are serious about it or they just want to... or they just want to enjoy the moment. But it's your task to keep reminding them on this, even asking for adoption if you can't bear a child.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:14 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,014,279 times
I'm 24...and Ill date a 45 year old..I'm sick aren't I? The oldest women I have been with was 38..good times..good times..

Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 AM

3 posts, read 23,006 times
ohh ages does matter

Old 04-25-2013, 06:15 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
If she's hot, of course I wouldn't care.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:17 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,958 times
Past gf 26- me 18. Current one older by three. Now ten is a big number, but not a big deal. Women date older men all the time because those men tend to be more confident, know what they want out of life, have experience in relationships and sex, are established financially, et cetera. I don't see why a guy can't date a woman for the same reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships