Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 06:10 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,786,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's so we wouldn't know who he was. He's a clever one.
Not again!

Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 PM

62,101 posts, read 87,849,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I think it's possible if you can find a woman who would date you. Many women don't look favorably at someone who still lives at home with his parents. Many of your parents friends probably talk about that situation behind your parents back and wonder why they would allow a child to live with them. If you live in a third world country that is to be expected, but if you live in the United States it brands you as a looser in the eyes of some people.

I don't agree with your statement that only in third world country adult children live with their parents.
In other civilized cultures ( not particular countries ) there are 2-3 generations that live under the same roof. And yes, adult children still date and get married.
Maybe those people have just different values?

Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,046,217 times
I should have saved my bacon sandwiches for this thread.

Wait, I still have more bacon.

SCIENCE!!

Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 PM

662 posts, read 1,263,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Hmmm. Are you sure that's the reason? I thought it might be something related to, I don't know... THIS?
Too funny

Old 01-28-2013, 06:15 PM

122 posts, read 156,358 times
I guess it also depends on what country your living in. Here in the Philippines, it's pretty normal if you live with your parents. It doesn't mean they're the ones taking care of you, most of the times you live there because you're the one who's gonna take care of them.

You're just 27, it's never too late to date. You should open your mind to a lot of possibilities instead of over thinking things. I think it's time you take risks.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,609,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angieology View Post
I guess it also depends on what country your living in. Here in the Philippines, it's pretty normal if you live with your parents. It doesn't mean they're the ones taking care of you, most of the times you live there because you're the one who's gonna take care of them.

You're just 27, it's never too late to date. You should open your mind to a lot of possibilities instead of over thinking things. I think it's time you take risks.

He just need to go find an apartment and be done with it.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:26 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,634,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
What's the use of that money if one fails to have a life?

You know, I really don't care how they do it in Asia or Italy. In the United States, the cultural emphasis is on moving out of the nest and being self-sufficient at the earliest possible age, which is why men who continue to live with their parents after graduation are considered to be less than fully adult, semi-dependent guys with Failure To Launch issues. I mean, if the poster lived in Milan, I'd say, "Sure. Knock yourself out. Live with Mom until she drops dead of exhaustion from cooking and cleaning for you." But he's not, so I don't.
That is an idiot way of thinking, no ofence. Seriously. I'm still single, I'm 27. I have saved up decent amount of money and am still saving. I'm living alone now and only because I had to travel to another place.

Like i said, if he lives with his parents AND has a job that he can travel to in his vicinity, he shouldn't waste hundreds of dollars on mere renting, plus all other expenses. That's STUPID. By the way, you know that both men and women do earn same amount of money in their 20s. Any woman who expects you to live in your own apartment is either aiming too high for her own taste of she's renting an apartment herself... I doubt that she bought it YET. And that, my friend, is another wasting of money in my book... unless she moved out to another town. Now, be stupid, rent a flat, pretend to be someone, chase women around and that's all cool. OR.... save at least 10,000 of those extra expenses each year and accumulate wealth.
If you want women who go after cars and stuff then we're talking about completely different personalities, of course.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:39 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,234,885 times
do you have a job?

do you workout/exercise and groom yourself?

do you have transportation?

goals? a plan for getting out?

Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,731,468 times
I personally don't think it s a big deal and each circumstance is different. As long as you are making at attempt to better yourself and plan on moving out then its no biggie.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:19 PM

816 posts, read 1,951,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
If you live in a third world country that is to be expected, but if you live in the United States it brands you as a looser in the eyes of some people.
People who can't spell are losers also.

This is absolutely not true. He is doing the right way and saving up money before OP plans to move out if OP's parents let him. If OP plans to move out at the age of 40 then that's a different story.

I personally don't care if you're 25 or 30 living at home with parents. It is their life and if they stay positive then that's great!

Being positive is the key.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships