Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 PM

803 posts, read 1,883,067 times

Advertisements

bson1257,

i hate to bring up the economy, but with the way things are these days and the prices of stuff going up while unemplyment rates are going down, many , many people are opting to live at home with their parents well beyond the ripe age of 18yrs old. u are not alone.

also like another poster mentioned, in some cultures they do that whole live with your parents thing too. if someone has a serious problem with u living at home with your parents then u know what, u dont need that type of judgemental person in your life. someone who really wants to be with u will undersand your situation and want to be there with u wherever u are, whether its at your parents house or not.

good luck!!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,295,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AScarpacci View Post
I can play this game too. It was actually meant to be in your face. I have an endless supply of emails and domain names ... I hate whiny crybabies who cry to the moderator.
Well, I'm not one who reports. But be man enough to face the wrath of the moderator.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 PM

69 posts, read 56,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post
To be honest..It's a new world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
People who can't spell are losers also.

This is absolutely not true. He is doing the right way and saving up money before OP plans to move out if OP's parents let him. If OP plans to move out at the age of 40 then that's a different story.

I personally don't care if you're 25 or 30 living at home with parents. It is their life and if they stay positive then that's great!

Being positive is the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
bson1257,

i hate to bring up the economy, but with the way things are these days and the prices of stuff going up while unemplyment rates are going down, many , many people are opting to live at home with their parents well beyond the ripe age of 18yrs old. u are not alone.

also like another poster mentioned, in some cultures they do that whole live with your parents thing too. if someone has a serious problem with u living at home with your parents then u know what, u dont need that type of judgemental person in your life. someone who really wants to be with u will undersand your situation and want to be there with u wherever u are, whether its at your parents house or not.

good luck!!

All of these.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:34 PM

417 posts, read 826,551 times
My cousin is 26 and still lives at home. He usually doesn't bothering saving much and lives to enjoy what he makes. His career job paid pretty well. He quit it, but he'll have another one shortly. I got the call today and it's a go for him. My cousin has a quasi long term girl friend who is 28 and also lives at home partially. I say partially because her job lets her travel around the world; it doesn't pay as much as you'd expect because it's in the arts. They are both very happy, and enjoy the perks of not wasting money paying rent to someone for property they wouldn't even own. Likewise, they enjoy being able to eat having expensive diners and various luxurious they wouldn't be able to afford if they have to drop a grand every month to make some landlord rich off their hard work.

Point is assuming you have social skills, you'll find plenty of women as long as you have a job that isn't total ****. It'll be hard (much harder) if unemployed, but people seem to manage it on the Maury Povich show all the time.

Sound like you lack confidence and think you suck huge donkey balls OP. That's probably your first problem...

Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
That is an idiot way of thinking, no ofence. Seriously. I'm still single, I'm 27. I have saved up decent amount of money and am still saving. I'm living alone now and only because I had to travel to another place.

Like i said, if he lives with his parents AND has a job that he can travel to in his vicinity, he shouldn't waste hundreds of dollars on mere renting, plus all other expenses. That's STUPID. By the way, you know that both men and women do earn same amount of money in their 20s. Any woman who expects you to live in your own apartment is either aiming too high for her own taste of she's renting an apartment herself... I doubt that she bought it YET. And that, my friend, is another wasting of money in my book... unless she moved out to another town. Now, be stupid, rent a flat, pretend to be someone, chase women around and that's all cool. OR.... save at least 10,000 of those extra expenses each year and accumulate wealth.
If you want women who go after cars and stuff then we're talking about completely different personalities, of course.
Like heck. That's just rationalizing on your part. If somebody has to live with the folks at age 27, then this is someone who just is perhaps a little too comfortable in the nest. While that person is still basically suckling the teat, he is not learning how to manage on his own, make a real budget, take care of his house, do his laundry, cook his meals and a thousand other little survival skills that makes one an adult.

What's more, when in God's name did trying to make your way in the world equate to making a grab for status? If anything is an idiot way of thinking, that is.

And the other thing? The problem with that saving of money? It's never enough for many of these perpetual manchildren. My brother-in-law is still living with my in-laws at age 46. He is part owner of an engineering firm with international contracts, drives a used car 1.5 hours to the office each way daily, and lives in the basement. He doesn't own a stick of furniture, my mother-in-law makes his meals and does his laundry, and he has zero life. None. And he still stresses about spending money. He'll die in that cavernous house one day, bloated and wearing the largest possible giveaway polo shirt they make, all because he never learned to take care of anything beyond his bank account.

It's a sad and pointless existence. Life's a banquet. Suit yourself if you choose to starve yourself.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScarpacci View Post
I never report. The only thing that offends me is boring.
Then how do you live with yourself?

Old 01-28-2013, 07:40 PM

417 posts, read 826,551 times
taking care of the house, cooking meals, etc, is something many people who live at home still do. the experience of your brother in law doesn't translate to the experience of everyone.

and if making your way in the world isn't about status (I agree it's not), then living at home wouldn't be an issue to you (o others) in the first place. lol

Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 PM

861 posts, read 1,460,919 times
27 and single? You should be married by now.

You need to get a a place of your own to live and start dating around. Look in churches, with mutual friends, and/or family friends etc. As a last resort, try online dating. After the mid-late 20s, the dating pool drops sharply.

However, it is strange that you're nearly 30 and still living at home. I'm sure there are women who will date you but you would probably have better chances if you had your own place.

Good luck.

Last edited by CountryFisher; 01-28-2013 at 08:02 PM..

Old 01-28-2013, 08:05 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,703,722 times
Before college I would have said no but in this economy , seems a bit of the norm now.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,703,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
27 and single? You should be married by now.

You need to get a a place of your own to live and start dating around. Look in churches, with mutual friends, and/or family friends etc. As a last resort, try online dating. After the mid-late 20s, the dating pool drops sharply.

However, it is strange that you're nearly 30 and still living at home. I'm sure there are women who will date you but you would probably have better chances if you had your own place.

Good luck.
Maybe if you live in the south or Midwest. Up north and more progressive places people are getting married when they are ready not because society says when you should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships