Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times

Advertisements

When your a stay at him dad your male friends will take shots at you and her female friends will always be in her ear telling her your a loser and you need to get another man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 08:57 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Im no misogynist, but i seek the truth and live in the real world. Gender equality was achieved many decades ago, now its only butch power grab and destruction of western societies that is on feminazi agenda. Open up your eyes, lady - living a lie does no one a favor.
Don't you tell me about feminism child. I lived in the day when girls weren't allowed to do woodwork or metalwork, we were stuck learning to sew and cook.

Gender equality has not been an easy path and there is still a long way to go before we see it. Until that day women and men will continue to support it.

Sorry that doesn't gel with your neanderthal views but tough, you are not the majority, thank goodness. You and your Rush Limbaugh ilk will one day be gone like the dinosaurs.

Oh and here's just one example;

http://cw.ua.edu/2013/01/31/change-i...rve-in-combat/

Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Hahaha. This guy makes me laugh. He's the one always schooling the fellas on how to be a ladie's man, right? I guess on the internet, any reality is possible!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
something sexy about a 6 figure CPA makes a gal wana jump into the sheets. but let him quit his job and stay home while she goes to the office.
a house daddy who changes dirty diapers and scrubs my toilet, sex??? with him??? u got to be kidding me, where is the chemistry.
these instincts run deep friend.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:02 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Have you ever actually been in a long-term, co-habitating relationship?
I'd like to know the answer to this myself!

You can usually tell the difference between the posters who are in good, happy marriages - who may or may not have children - and those who have never been in a long lasting relationship - much less lived with a woman, been married, or had children.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:03 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
Hahaha. This guy makes me laugh. He's the one always schooling the fellas on how to be a ladie's man, right? I guess on the internet, any reality is possible!
Yes the very same one.

I guess on the internet you are allowed to vent your inner silliness. In real life people would laugh in your face.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:03 AM

264 posts, read 309,349 times
Another case of the one with the least experience about a topic screaming the loudest (online, where it really matters, heh.). Nothing new to see here.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
He always reminds me of the joke from an old episode of the Simpsons when Homer invents a make-up gun. Lisa tells him that women won't like getting shot in the face, and Homer says, "women will like what I tell them to like."

Old 01-31-2013, 09:30 AM

691 posts, read 1,427,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You also believe that alimony is unfair, and people should leave a marriage with what they came in with, right?
When one party can cheat, be abusive and still make out, I would have to say that qualifies as more than unfair.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
As someone who works out of the house, effectively taking the role as SAHD dad for 12 years, that article is a bunch of rubbish. Except the part about socializing with women during the day. That part is true. I just stopped trying to have conversations at PTA events and little league ball fields.

However, let's just pull gender roles out of this for a minute. Whether you are a SAHD or SAHM, you have a duty to fulfill to the household, namely ensuring it runs in an orderly fashion. And whether you are a working mom or dad, the very last thing you want to do is schlep it home after a long day at the office to find the house in total disarray and your spouse hasn't even taken a shower. Damned straight.

To be sure, taking care of an infant or a two-year-old is not easy. No question about it. But so is pulling a twelve-hour day. So staying at home with a small child is a matter of simple organization. The television stays off. The distractions are kept to a minimum. You don't loll around in bed either. Instead, you hop to it. And the kid takes a two-hour nap after lunch no matter what.

Here's the thing. Having walked the walk with three kids, I can tell you that being a stay-at-home parent is not all that tough once the kids learn to go to the bathroom. The key is just teaching them how to function in the family. It's not two or three big lectures. Instead, it's a thousand little talks and demonstrations.

And once they go to school, it becomes the easiest gig on the planet. Seriously. My kids all have known from an early age what their responsibilities are around the house. They know to pick up their rooms, do their homework, and do chores when they return. Do they do it perfectly? Hell, no. Do they forget to do things? Hell yes. But overall, they get it done without my having to hound them.

The problem comes when the SAH parent does not manage things. So the working parent comes home to find the house a disaster and Stouffers in the microwave (Admittedly, I felt like doing that a time or two), that person is going to become resentful over time. I've known several couples like that with SAHD's who basically goofed off and watched ESPN all day. That would be the same thing as if a SAHM did nothing but watch soaps. For the reaction is the same: "You mean, I'm busting my ass all day and you've done nothing?" THAT's when the affairs begin, because one person thinks the relationship is a one-way street and wants to be valued. So they find it with others.

Last edited by cpg35223; 01-31-2013 at 10:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships