Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:22 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I understand through personal experience. My point is based on my own experiences that not all victims became abusers although I understand it is possible. I personally couldn't do to someone what was done to me the guilt would eat me alive. Therapist don't always work either
On a similar note, I am not convinced that all abusers were once victims. Statistics usually connect abuse to victimhood, but that's never 100% the case. I wonder what circumstances could lead to someone who was never abused to become an abuser. I'm sure there is literally no limit to the possibilities. Which is actually quite sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,270,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
On a similar note, I am not convinced that all abusers were once victims. Statistics usually connect abuse to victimhood, but that's never 100% the case. I wonder what circumstances could lead to someone who was never abused to become an abuser. I'm sure there is literally no limit to the possibilities. Which is actually quite sad.
In my experience the 1st person was from a loving home but the second was from a broken family so both cases are very different as well as what occurred in both incidents......it makes me wonder why people are the way they are and what causes them to inflict so much pain on one another

Old 02-03-2013, 11:40 AM

182 posts, read 186,778 times
domestic violece is lame, its so easy to leave after they get mad at u the first time

Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
In my experience the 1st person was from a loving home but the second was from a broken family so both cases are very different as well as what occurred in both incidents......it makes me wonder why people are the way they are and what causes them to inflict so much pain on one another
I think that as humans we are all inherently flawed. Some of us manifest our flaws with addictions to drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, power, money etc. Some of us drive too fast. Some of us just don't know how (or care to) relate to others. And some are angry and violent. I think it can all be summed up in one word: Selfishness. I'm not sure I have the cure for humanity. I've got my hands full just working on myself.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:48 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,270,137 times
Quote:
I think that as humans we are all inherently flawed. Some of us manifest our flaws with addictions to drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, power, money etc. Some of us drive too fast. Some of us just don't know how (or care to) relate to others. And some are angry and violent. I think it can all be summed up in one word: Selfishness. I'm not sure I have the cure for humanity. I've got my hands full just working on myself.
We can only take accountability for our own actions

Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 AM

first time a gurl wud yell at me , i wud break up wit her immediatly, yelling iz wrong in a relationzhip

Old 02-03-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareththebboy View Post
first time a gurl wud yell at me , i wud break up wit her immediatly, yelling iz wrong in a relationzhip
I think that is a bit of an over reaction. You don't have to bail the first time she raises her voice at you, you just have to address that issue and make sure that both parties know where lie the boundaries for future disputes. It's a fact couples will have arguments, and sometimes emotions flare up and people raise their voices. This doesn't make it an abusive relationship. It is preferable that even in an argument that people maintain control and composure, but that's just not reality. It doesn't mean that it will lead to abuse, though.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:00 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
Quote:
I think that is a bit of an over reaction. You don't have to bail the first time she raises her voice at you, you just have to address that issue and make sure that both parties know where lie the boundaries for future disputes. It's a fact couples will have arguments, and sometimes emotions flare up and people raise their voices. This doesn't make it an abusive relationship. It is preferable that even in an argument that people maintain control and composure, but that's just not reality. It doesn't mean that it will lead to abuse, though.
Didn't you know, iknowftbll? Gareth is our new resident troll. Careful not to feed him too much

Old 02-03-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Didn't you know, iknowftbll? Gareth is our new resident troll. Careful not to feed him too much
thoze commentz not were not trolling, itz truth

Old 02-03-2013, 12:07 PM

664 posts, read 773,862 times
noooo, surely not. Women are incapable of being the abuser. They are always the victim, always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships