Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 11:46 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,192,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I believe every single man walking this earth should require a paternity test, trusting or not. It isnt about trust, its about acknowledging the fact, that close to 10% of "proud fathers" have no idea that they are raising some other losers offspring. Poor souls. Flirrting is fun and i dont hide it, also being honest I have no choice but to let her know that if she ever gets pregnant, the paternity test would be the next step. It should be a mandatory thing, considering how many women screw other men based on genetic predesposition, and go home to their beta provider/husband pretending the pregnancy is his. I see this world based on facts, not based on being nice and politicaly correct and if it hurts someones feelings, they should "woman up".
But see - I AM a woman who would do anything for her marriage, her husband, and her family. And I couldn't be with someone like that. So you see - it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:47 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,388,091 times
I never cared much about what the numbers/statistics are on affairs of the heart, relationships, life dreams, etc.... But I'm a risk taker by nature, and put a high value on creative intuition over accepted logic. If people don't want to get married because the numbers don't look good to them, more power to you! Just do not tell me how I should be living my life or what kind of person I must be.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:50 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,611,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
But see - I AM a woman who would do anything for her marriage, her husband, and her family. And I couldn't be with someone like that. So you see - it's a self fulfilling prophecy.
You are not in the age demographic of women i am with, and you have been married for awhile. The dating world and marriage concepts are NOTHING like they used to be, thats why i brought an example of my parents, who made it work throguh major ups and downs life through at them. You know, how marriage is supposed to actualy work. Here is another vid explaining why marriage is a losing proposition for young men. Just obvious facts being used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HGM_lARJI

Old 02-08-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
25% is obviously a guesstimate based on real life observation, you know some men have what is called intellectual curiousity - it is a wonderful thing, I assure you. However, considering half of the marriages fall apart within 2 years, and admitting how many people are married but miserable, but stick around for the sake of kids or some other nonsense, the real number would be wayyyy south of 50%.
Quote:
And 90% of Bose stereo speakers owners truly believe they have the best, top shelf speakers money can buy. Its called buyers remorse. Not to mention, do you understand math and statistics? ANyone here? If 50% of marriages fall apart within 2 years, and 60% of remaining married people claim to be very happy (right...lol), that gives you about 27-28% chance of being very happy in your marriage, on the day of your wedding. Im not much of a gambler but id pass on those odds.
Where are you getting that? Are you just making things up now?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I never cared much about what the numbers/statistics are on affairs of the heart, relationships, life dreams, etc.... But I'm a risk taker by nature, and put a high value on creative intuition over accepted logic. If people don't want to get married because the numbers don't look good to them, more power to you! Just do not tell me how I should be living my life or what kind of person I must be.
I agree. Like I said - I also went into a profession with a very slim success rate. It's all paid off for me - so I don't really care what the statistics say (not that people are even looking at accurate statistics or reading them correctly - but you know what I mean).

Old 02-08-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I think you missed the part where in reality it is the single, childless folks who are on the receiving end of criticism, constant negging, social pressures etc etc to tie the knot. While you may not hold it against them, society in general does, on a large scale. Doesnt feel good, does it?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
You are not in the age demographic of women i am with, and you have been married for awhile. The dating world and marriage concepts are NOTHING like they used to be, thats why i brought an example of my parents, who made it work throguh major ups and downs life through at them. You know, how marriage is supposed to actualy work. Here is another vid explaining why marriage is a losing proposition for young men. Just obvious facts being used.

Why Men Are Choosing Not To Get Married, Pt. 1 - YouTube
I am around your age.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:53 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
Quote:
25% is obviously a guesstimate based on real life observation, you know some men have what is called intellectual curiousity - it is a wonderful thing, I assure you. However, considering half of the marriages fall apart within 2 years, and admitting how many people are married but miserable, but stick around for the sake of kids or some other nonsense, the real number would be wayyyy south of 50%.
If you're so intellectual, you ought to consider doing the research.
Your 50% number is off.
And your life experience does not = real data.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:54 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,388,091 times
Quote:
Where are you getting that? Are you just making things up now?
This poster may be a perfect example of the qualities I listed in my post #159. It is nearly impossible to change the mindset based on the reasons I listed.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
I am around your age.
I know, but havent you been married for at least a decade or so? ALso, I tend to date much younger women, because I can.

Part 2 of the video showing facts that marriage does not pay off for men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRmM0L7JkYw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.