Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 05:40 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,599,000 times

Advertisements

To be honest with you, Seattle's ethnic population can be pretty attractive. I think the actal white women are definitely below average when it comes to white women, especially after living in Atlanta. Though I have never really cared for white women. I have noticed they're a lot less attractive in Seattle than they are in other places I've lived. However the asian women are probably the city's best feature as far as women. They have different levels of asian women here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 05:49 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,405,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
To be honest with you, Seattle's ethnic population can be pretty attractive. I think the actal white women are definitely below average when it comes to white women, especially after living in Atlanta. Though I have never really cared for white women. I have noticed they're a lot less attractive in Seattle than they are in other places I've lived. However the asian women are probably the city's best feature as far as women. They have different levels of asian women here.
Attractive white women in ATL are more plentiful than attractive white women in SEA. The attractive white women in SEA tend not to live within the Seattle city limits. That's where the frumps live, in their $400K clapboard in-town bungalows with the siding falling off. The attractive women there live on the East Side, mostly in Bellevue/Kirkland/Redmond/Issaquah, and they know it. I don't speak their language. I banter and tell jokes. That's not their vibe. I had a coworker who looked like a 30-something version of Katie Couric but she worked with me, so she got to liking me. She was married, though. Some Southern belles can be stuck up, but a lot more of them found me to be "interesting and funny" than any broads from Seattle, except for transplanted ones who kept asking me "What's wrong with the people here?"

Old 02-06-2013, 06:00 PM

102,250 posts, read 108,166,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I banter
That would be a problem in Seattle. Seattle is not a "banter" place. Strange culture.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,405,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That would be a problem in Seattle. Seattle is not a "banter" place. Strange culture.
It's more than that, really. The whole PacNW is that way, from Medford OR (27 miles north of the CA border) on up, and I'd include Vancouver BC. There's a formality in Van that is not found in Quebec, for example. Also, as for the PacNW, I'd extend it inland to Spokane and Boise, where the skies are sunnier, so it's NOT the weather.

It's just amazing. You can go in and get some food in Medford and the people act like Oregonians. You can go in and get some food in Yreka or Redding and the people act like Californians. Pick your poison: a Tonya Harding-alike or someone who runs a meth lab as a side job, respectively?

Old 02-06-2013, 06:15 PM

Women in Atlanta aren't southern women. Trust me on that one. Atlanta at this point is just a city that happens to be located in the south. While people will dispute it, most will agree there is very little that's southern about Atlanta. The city is far from laid back, simple, or friendly. All traits you would associate with the south. It hasn't sustained a lot of it's southern culture, because so many transplants have been flooding the city, and a large porition of them came from the Northeast, specifically NY.

Honestly the biggest difference between Atlanta and Seattle women, is that women in Seattle are FAR less materialistic than in Atlanta.

While Bellevue may more resemble an East Coast like city than any other part of Seattle, it's way less image concious and materialistic. Bellevue is nice, but it's essentially buckhead light. you'll see a nice sports car here and there, but in Atlanta you'll lose count at the amount of Mercedes, Audi's, BMWs, Infinity's you see on the streets. Which is why I wonder if people in Seattle head will explode if they visited Atlanta, Miami, or NYC, 3 places where the culture is far more materialistic and status driven.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:18 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,490,296 times
So you equate the head turners with the quality girls?
Okay...can't help you...I failed Shallow 101.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,583,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by These Are Words View Post
I mean the women in your city that turn heads everywhere they go because of their beauty, what kind of men are hooking up with them?

In my town its the frat kids lol
This is like asking who gets the better cuts of beef at the grocery store.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
So you equate the head turners with the quality girls?
Okay...can't help you...I failed Shallow 101.
I've met quality women, but I'm very shallow at the same time. If it isn't a woman I can't walk with by my side and be proud of, then I can't bother. That's just the way it is. I will not date someone who is an embarassment for me to be seen with.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:38 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,490,296 times
^^^ So there's no grey area? Either they're hottie or you're embarrassed to be seen with them? NICE!

Good luck with that.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,756,946 times
I must have been good looking enough when I was young because I attracted some good looking girls in HS and some cheerleaders. But I was too poor to date them because my dad didn't give me much allowance. Then in college I took an Art Photography class and the Turkish Tri Delt sorority girl there started falling for me. But she offended me early on when she said I didn't have much personality when talking to her when we first met, but as class went own she discovered more of my personality and liked me better.

But now I can't attract a good looking woman simply because I don't have a successful career. But when I was in my 20's I attracted the attention of cougar's, but some of them weren't attractive enough too me.

Right now, if I'm attractive enough... Maybe I should try to hook up with a sugar mamma... But they usually don't go for 5' 4" tall Filipinos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships