Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 10:02 PM

24 posts, read 24,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
To be honest with you, Seattle's ethnic population can be pretty attractive. I think the actal white women are definitely below average when it comes to white women, especially after living in Atlanta. Though I have never really cared for white women. I have noticed they're a lot less attractive in Seattle than they are in other places I've lived. However the asian women are probably the city's best feature as far as women. They have different levels of asian women here.
heard black men do really well up there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 10:52 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Women in Atlanta aren't southern women. Trust me on that one. Atlanta at this point is just a city that happens to be located in the south. While people will dispute it, most will agree there is very little that's southern about Atlanta. The city is far from laid back, simple, or friendly. All traits you would associate with the south. It hasn't sustained a lot of it's southern culture, because so many transplants have been flooding the city, and a large porition of them came from the Northeast, specifically NY.

Honestly the biggest difference between Atlanta and Seattle women, is that women in Seattle are FAR less materialistic than in Atlanta.

While Bellevue may more resemble an East Coast like city than any other part of Seattle, it's way less image concious and materialistic. Bellevue is nice, but it's essentially buckhead light. you'll see a nice sports car here and there, but in Atlanta you'll lose count at the amount of Mercedes, Audi's, BMWs, Infinity's you see on the streets. Which is why I wonder if people in Seattle head will explode if they visited Atlanta, Miami, or NYC, 3 places where the culture is far more materialistic and status driven.
Atlanta, at one time, had the highest new car consumption rate in the nation. The city is spread out, it's relatively low-rise/business park oriented, you can buy a damn fine house in "Alfalfa-retta" for $279K, so there's money left over for that nice new car. What does $279K buy in Bellevue/Kirkland? I'm depressed to look.

I lived in ATL and "the Los Angeles of the South" was fascinating, because it really does blend go-go northern sensibilities with southern social sensibilities. It's more laid back than LA, that's for sure! It's been a while and I didn't live there that long, but the social fabric of a city is not overhauled that quickly. That said, those UGa, 'Bama, Auburn, and Ole Miss girls, native to the South, often end up in Atlanta. If you're a Californian, they're a different breed. They also have that support system of a family nearby, college friends nearby, and an understanding of the local culture, which is still in evidence. Let's face it, there is a circle of people who live their lives straight out of "Southern Living," and which the transplant can't break into. The northern girls in ATL come down on their own, often because it's a mecca, the weather is better, and to take jobs there. I think they're less materialistic than a monied Southern girl. Instead, they would make remarks about practical things like "God, I can't believe how much house I can get for my money down here," and "yeah, they're really Southern," about the "dollied up" local ones stuck in sorority land.

There's that "old Seattle" clique, too. It doesn't do the mint juleps on the verandah overlooking the golf course. Instead, they are tied in with their Eastside HS and on to UW friends, ski Snoqualmie, and sail from Lake Washington into Puget Sound on their big boats. Sit at the Ballard Locks sometime and watch the monied Eastsiders have their boats go up OR down, depending on the direction they're going. You'll see some Katie Couric-alike local gals on these boats, with sweaters over their shoulders, and who wouldn't give an outsider the time of day. Unlike the southern or northern gals you see in ATL who have more discernible personalities, those Seattle types have a starched and stoic unapproachable quality. I don't think most Californians would understand these chicks either.

The world is a village. The concept is the same. The formula is different. Then there is the Southern California version, but I'll stop where I'm at.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by These Are Words View Post
I mean the women in your city that turn heads everywhere they go because of their beauty, what kind of men are hooking up with them?
me

Quote:
In my town its the frat kids lol
fraternity gentlemen, you mean

Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
^^^^ No, I'm pretty sure they meant frat boys! ...when you grow up you'll understand!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:22 AM

333 posts, read 310,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by these are words View Post
heard black men do really well up there
lol

Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^^ No, I'm pretty sure they meant frat boys! ...when you grow up you'll understand!
right! when i grow up.

speaking of growing up, whenever that happens, i want to take rad self-shots in the gym just like you !

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-07-2013 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Deleted photo which was used without permission.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
me

fraternity gentlemen, you mean
Nah, le roi, you were in one? From your posts, I always took you for a "Gamma Delta Iota" ~ God Damn Independent!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
Quote:
. speaking of growing up, whenever that happens, i want to take rad self-shots in the gym just like you !
We'll have to see how you look in your forties!

Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Nah, le roi, you were in one? From your posts, I always took you for a "Gamma Delta Iota" ~ God Damn Independent!
yup, the most fun thing i never want to do again

Old 02-07-2013, 01:19 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times
Probably similar to any other city.... good-looking, fit, well-groomed, educated, smart, professional, with a good career. I think humor is very appreciated here also. Chicagoans are pretty funny and down-to-earth.

I think outdoorsy guys are under-appreciated here though. Maybe because the winters are tough and people can't get out enough - lots of indoor restaurant/bar flies here. I have always preferred the athletic, outdoorsy type (I married one) which are harder to find here than in some other areas. My gf's always comment on how adventurous and outdoorsy we are, like it's so unusual. I feel we do things that normal couples living in say, Colorado or FL, do (ski, hike, camp, sail, scuba, etc.) and we're seen as some sort of extreme adventurers who should participate in the X games or something... LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships