Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 AM

218 posts, read 484,601 times

Advertisements

You see him once a week for a month. So, essentially, y'all have been on 4-5 dates? That is not long enough to delete your profile for someone. Are y'all even exclusive? I see no point in deleting a profile otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,124,368 times
Are you certain he added these pictures after you agreed to be exclusive? I deleted my account, but apparently my profile is still active because I'm still getting notified of emails and winks...and I haven't logged onto the site in over a month, I'm not even able to read my emails since I'm no longer an active member. Yet it seems my profile is still showing as active to other members. Some of those sites are tricky, so you should be careful what you accuse him of. However, if he is still trolling the site and updating his profile after you agreed to be exclusive, then he must not be very serious about you. You guys have an intimate relationship, you've agreed not to see anyone else...you should be able to just ask him...or maybe tell him you're going to delete your profile and see what his reaction is. If you guys can't communicate now then it doesn't bode well for your future.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:31 AM

111 posts, read 294,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanz225 View Post
You met this guy online and have no idea of what his true intentions are. He may actually like you a lot and he's just keeping his options open just incase you two don't work out. If you guys had been together for a year or two than it would definitely be a red flag, but at this point it sounds like he's just protecting himself.
If I didn't check his profile, I wouldn't have any doubt about his intention. He's been very attentive to me. He takes good care of me when were together. We talk about 5-6 days a week. He initiates most contacts. I will initiate maybe one or two. I have no complains about how he's treating me except the photo he uploaded.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Of course you can talk to him. Tell him that you went online to delete old messages since you're no longer looking, and saw that he'd uploaded a new photo recently. Ask him if he still wants to be exclusive. He may have uploaded it before you decided to be exclusive, of course.
That's the thing I don't know when the picture was uploaded because I stopped going to that site for a while and just logged in again last night.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,767,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
If I didn't check his profile, I wouldn't have any doubt about his intention. He's been very attentive to me. He takes good care of me when were together. We talk about 5-6 days a week. He initiates most contacts. I will initiate maybe one or two. I have no complains about how he's treating me except the photo he uploaded.
Why did you check his profile?

Old 02-05-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle20 View Post
You see him once a week for a month. So, essentially, y'all have been on 4-5 dates? That is not long enough to delete your profile for someone. Are y'all even exclusive? I see no point in deleting a profile otherwise.
We agreed to not be intimate and go on dates with other people.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Why did you check his profile?
I was deleting messages from my inbox and came across his messages and I clicked on his profile.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,692,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
. We agreed to date exclusively but we still have our online dating profiles up.
You both are quite silly to have your online dating profiles still up, considering that you agreed to be exclusive.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Are you certain he added these pictures after you agreed to be exclusive? I deleted my account, but apparently my profile is still active because I'm still getting notified of emails and winks...and I haven't logged onto the site in over a month, I'm not even able to read my emails since I'm no longer an active member. Yet it seems my profile is still showing as active to other members. Some of those sites are tricky, so you should be careful what you accuse him of. However, if he is still trolling the site and updating his profile after you agreed to be exclusive, then he must not be very serious about you. You guys have an intimate relationship, you've agreed not to see anyone else...you should be able to just ask him...or maybe tell him you're going to delete your profile and see what his reaction is. If you guys can't communicate now then it doesn't bode well for your future.
I'm not really sure when the picture was added because I stopped checking the website until last night. I have no problem talking to him about it but my concern is if I really have to or it's not really a big deal to bring it up because he's treating me well anyway and how to tell him in a way that I wouldn't scare him.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:50 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,314,008 times
Do you know exactly when he uploaded the new picture? You said you hadn't logged in in awhile; is it possible that he uploaded the new picture since the last time you logged in, but before the two of you decided to make it exclusive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships