Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:51 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,927,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Do you know exactly when he uploaded the new picture? You said you hadn't logged in in awhile; is it possible that he uploaded the new picture since the last time you logged in, but before the two of you decided to make it exclusive?
Good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 AM

633 posts, read 724,977 times
Obviously it bothers you that you both still have your online profiles. You have been intimate already I don't see how you can't ask him to delete both your profiles.

My husband and I almost broke up coz he saw I was still active on POF. And we have not even been intimate!! Obviously he was upset about it. Good thing we discuss things like the adults we are.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:56 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,751,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
I was deleting messages from my inbox and came across his messages and I clicked on his profile.
If you weren't checking on him and have no reason to suspect him, you have nothing to help you decide. If you don't know whether he added the picture before or after you agreed to be exclusive, then there's no point in asking him about it. If he says, "Oh no, that was from before," will that make you feel better? He may not be able to prove it one way or another. If you doubt him, you will start treating him with suspicion. I think you should ask him again if he is sure he wants to be exclusive and judge his reaction. You know him, we don't. Don't tell him what you saw unless he presses you for a reason, because it can easily be turned into an accusation of spying on him.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 AM

111 posts, read 294,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Do you know exactly when he uploaded the new picture? You said you hadn't logged in in awhile; is it possible that he uploaded the new picture since the last time you logged in, but before the two of you decided to make it exclusive?
I don't know exactly when he uploaded the picture.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:10 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,456,773 times
Since you don't know when he uploaded the picture and it's giving you doubts as to whether or not he's still actively looking (when does his profile show as last online, by the way?), if he says he uploaded it before you agreed to be exclusive are you going to believe him or still have doubts?

I'd go the "now that we've agreed to be exclusive, I'm planning to delete my profile" route.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
Obviously it bothers you that you both still have your online profiles. You have been intimate already I don't see how you can't ask him to delete both your profiles.

My husband and I almost broke up coz he saw I was still active on POF. And we have not even been intimate!! Obviously he was upset about it. Good thing we discuss things like the adults we are.
Having the online profile doesn't bother me. if he's not using it or has no intention of meeting anyone from there, I'm ok with that.What bothers me is him uploading a new picture, because now I see that there's an intent of maybe meeting someone.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 AM

I will talk to him about deleting our profiles. What's the best way to bring it up?

Old 02-05-2013, 11:42 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,264,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
Having the online profile doesn't bother me. if he's not using it or has no intention of meeting anyone from there, I'm ok with that.What bothers me is him uploading a new picture, because now I see that there's an intent of maybe meeting someone.
You're doing the same thing! Why else would you care if the inbox is cluttered on an account you no longer need? You were reading new messages out of curiousity, right?

You could set up a phony account and contact him w an interesting message and hot pics, and see if he tries to set up a date...

Old 02-05-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You're doing the same thing! Why else would you care if the inbox is cluttered on an account you no longer need? You were reading new messages out of curiousity, right?

You could set up a phony account and contact him w an interesting message and hot pics, and see if he tries to set up a date...
I was bored and I thought about checking and deleting my messages but had no intention of meeting someone. There were some cute guys who have messaged me but I deleted them.

I think setting up a phony account is asking for trouble, don't you think so? Me and this guy have a good relationship. I think I will just talk to him about it and see what he says. I don't think creating a phony account will help but it could create a problem that may not even be there. I will just clear things up with him, whatever is bothering me.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,120,780 times
Okay...well if you have no idea if he uploaded the picture before or after you guys agreed to be exclusive then I would not bring it up.

This is why I find it kind of problematic to be intimate with someone after only a few dates. Clearly you are invested, but it hasn't really been that long. You don't even know each other and it seems kind of fast to be taking down your profiles...but what's done is done. You can speculate with strangers or you can just ask him. Hey, what do you think about taking down our online profiles now that we're exclusive? If he is still actively looking then he's probably going to be hesitant to agree to that and at least you'll have your answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships