Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,591,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
Hi everyone! I have a dilemma about a guy I met online. We've been dating for a month. I see him every week. He's been treating me good. He initiates communication. He takes me out on dates. I could tell by his actions that he's into me. We became intimate. I only see him and I was hoping he does the same. We agreed to date exclusively but we still have our online dating profiles up. It never occurred to me to bring up about deleting our accounts because he has never showed me any signs that I should worry and doubt about his intentions of being with me. Everything was great except what I found out last night.

Last night, I logged on to my online dating account after not logging on for a long time. I logged on not to look or meet people but to read and delete my messages that have not been read for a while. While I was going through my inbox and deleting each one, I came across his profile and clicked on it. I saw that he had uploaded a new picture. I don't know exactly when he did it but there was a new photo on his profile. The first thing that came to my mind was he still trying to meet someone. Am I wrong to think that way? Should I confront him about it? What's the best way to do it? Do you guys think that it's a red flag that he put up a new picture? Should I be worried? All opinions and advices are appreciated. Thank you.

Confront him about what, keeping his options open after a month of dates?

You can look at it few ways, he's vain about photos....there"s no emotional bond yet....your expectations on dating differ.

EDIT...Just saw the update and the two of you are dating exclusively....my opinion, he's keeping his options open, you should do the same.

Last edited by virgode; 02-06-2013 at 11:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,925,287 times
Worried? Not necessarily. You should know he's at least curious about seeing who else is out there, though.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:34 PM

111 posts, read 294,376 times
I posted an updated that we both deleted our accounts .

Old 02-06-2013, 01:04 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,070,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdatgirl View Post
hi just an update.i talked to him last night but i didn't bring up anything about the picture. I asked him if he wanted us to continue dating exclusively. He said yes and that he really likes me. Then i brought up that maybe we should delete our online dating accounts unless he's still looking then he should keep it. He said he's not looking, then he said ok let's delete our accounts. Then he asked me, would you like to be my gf because i wouldnt want to date anyone else but you? I said yes. He deleted his account the same night. After he deleted his, i deleted mine .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships