Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,119,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Hence the reason we don't live in a house anymore.
You should post a naked picture of yourself to see if anyone is lurking here.
I think YOU posting a picture of yourself clothed would garner more attention. People are more curious to see you. I'm old hat to most....LOL

Old 06-14-2013, 09:27 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,606,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I think YOU posting a picture of yourself clothed would garner more attention. People are more curious to see you. I'm old hat to most....LOL
Yeeaah.......I doubt it.
However, we must be alone since the mention didn't get any bites.
So you should be done with school for the year. Yes?

Old 06-14-2013, 09:32 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,119,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Yeeaah.......I doubt it.
However, we must be alone since the mention didn't get any bites.
So you should be done with school for the year. Yes?
Let's think about this...mom of 4. Who would want to see that naked??? LOL

Yup, all done! I do need to set up my classroom for next year, but I can do that in August.
It's weird being home though. I have no idea what day it is anymore.

We are in the process of researching a bunny. My daughter has been asking for one for the last 3yrs. I finally caved.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:28 AM

8,759 posts, read 9,496,286 times
Next time sticking with my plan. I really am too old to go out to dance clubs anymore, just that when I do go out dancing, I know what music I prefer to dance to. Though last night, I get the feeling it wasn't really about the venues.

Last night was a complete disaster. Friend, comes over upset after big fight with family, we're just going to get some take out, rent some dvds, girl time in. After looking at some dvds to place on hold with friend back and forth, well what do you want to see and no, saw it, now well what haven't you seen, blah, blah blah. Fail, friend goes takes shower, suggest I just pick something. Friend emerges, we talk some, friend is suddenly pumped thanks me for putting her in a good mood, viola, wants to go out to party after we pick up food. OK, I did some research ahead of time just in case. Suggest some places, mind you, this friend is way more familiar with these locations than I am even though she no longer lives anywhere near this town, she grew up here. I name a few places, we decide on places she's familiar with. After riding around not figuring out what to get to eat, finally grab a bite.

Venue one, friend knows the place better than I, happy, happy, happy, we get there, suddenly remembers, not much of a dance space, it's called Daiquiri Deck, they have a DJ. She starts complaining, wants to check out something else. On we go Me making suggestions, as I said, she already knows these places, but suddenly acts naive about their clientèle makeup

Venue two. Friend, Oh, I feel terribly under dressed. In my head, you're killing me.

Venue three, a location, she's been to at least a half a dozen times. She did nothing but complain, these are teen agers, she knows their not, just a lot of young people many close to her age, she's in her 30's, they were having a blast, music was blasting, think she might of felt she wasn't going to be the center of attention with that crowd, I don't know. so we go back to the lower level where the music is usually a bit more sedate, and there's a band, friend's still complaining, she sees my temps building. Suggest I go get a drink. Ask me, well why aren't you dancing? bioch you have killed my mood. Whispers in my ear, lets go to the other Daiquiri deck on St Armand, we can get those frozen daiquiris, mind you neither of us are much of any type of drinkers, she'd just said she didn't want to get a drink at the place we were because she didn't want to drink and drive. WTF . I had it, my last words, I'm not running all over town, than I clammed up. At that point, I guess she sensed it best not to say another word to me. We got back to my place, she packed her stuff up to take the 3 hour ride home. she said she ruined my night and just didn't want to make things worse. I told her, I would prefer she not do that as it was pretty late. But she insisted saying she wouldn't be able to sleep, well, I'm not going to get into another war of words, so get.

I'm not what you would call spontaneous, I like to have a plan and follow through, I'm also not exactly in the best of physical shape, so I tire quickly, arthritic so don't need the additional flakiness. This won't happen again with this friend, I can tell you that. I'm still reeling because I'm sad she's sad and sad I'm sad. deep breath.

Vent over.

So did the rest of you have a good night? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to meet with the group for the movie, I have about 2 hours to decide.

Sixy, hope you and hubby have a nice evening out.

Last edited by TRosa; 06-15-2013 at 09:41 AM..

Old 06-15-2013, 09:34 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,019,022 times
I'm totally the other way, I greatly prefer to go with the flow and enjoy whatever is happening where ever I am. In this case however it does sound like your partner for the evening was an impediment to having a good time, plans or not. Sorry.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I'm totally the other way, I greatly prefer to go with the flow and enjoy whatever is happening where ever I am. In this case however it does sound like your partner for the evening was an impediment to having a good time, plans or not. Sorry.
Thank you crabman, but my friends should know by now, I don't do flakie. I will sit and look at you like your crazy and not say another word once I hit that point of angry. I keep ear plugs close by for such occasions. Everything about this was last minute and I tried to be flexible and accomodating. But I reached my limit.

When she and I do talk again, we don't even have to talk about it, as she won't get it, still I love her to death and won't hold it against her other than to know that next time, I know from heer on, to just have a plan, and put my foot the get go if we are going out. No more humming and hawing.

Again thanks for the sentiment.

PS I rsvp'd for the movie. "This Is The End" So I'm going to see if that will put me in better spirits. I'll email friend later, just to let her know, I love her very much and hope she's ok.

Last edited by TRosa; 06-15-2013 at 09:59 AM..

Old 06-15-2013, 11:07 AM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Let's think about this...mom of 4. Who would want to see that naked??? LOL

Yup, all done! I do need to set up my classroom for next year, but I can do that in August.
It's weird being home though. I have no idea what day it is anymore.

We are in the process of researching a bunny. My daughter has been asking for one for the last 3yrs. I finally caved.
How does it work with the pay, do your get you money spread out over the year, or do you get screwed for the summer time

Old 06-15-2013, 11:21 AM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Next time sticking with my plan. I really am too old to go out to dance clubs anymore, just that when I do go out dancing, I know what music I prefer to dance to. Though last night, I get the feeling it wasn't really about the venues.

Last night was a complete disaster. Friend, comes over upset after big fight with family, we're just going to get some take out, rent some dvds, girl time in. After looking at some dvds to place on hold with friend back and forth, well what do you want to see and no, saw it, now well what haven't you seen, blah, blah blah. Fail, friend goes takes shower, suggest I just pick something. Friend emerges, we talk some, friend is suddenly pumped thanks me for putting her in a good mood, viola, wants to go out to party after we pick up food. OK, I did some research ahead of time just in case. Suggest some places, mind you, this friend is way more familiar with these locations than I am even though she no longer lives anywhere near this town, she grew up here. I name a few places, we decide on places she's familiar with. After riding around not figuring out what to get to eat, finally grab a bite.

Venue one, friend knows the place better than I, happy, happy, happy, we get there, suddenly remembers, not much of a dance space, it's called Daiquiri Deck, they have a DJ. She starts complaining, wants to check out something else. On we go Me making suggestions, as I said, she already knows these places, but suddenly acts naive about their clientèle makeup

Venue two. Friend, Oh, I feel terribly under dressed. In my head, you're killing me.

Venue three, a location, she's been to at least a half a dozen times. She did nothing but complain, these are teen agers, she knows their not, just a lot of young people many close to her age, she's in her 30's, they were having a blast, music was blasting, think she might of felt she wasn't going to be the center of attention with that crowd, I don't know. so we go back to the lower level where the music is usually a bit more sedate, and there's a band, friend's still complaining, she sees my temps building. Suggest I go get a drink. Ask me, well why aren't you dancing? bioch you have killed my mood. Whispers in my ear, lets go to the other Daiquiri deck on St Armand, we can get those frozen daiquiris, mind you neither of us are much of any type of drinkers, she'd just said she didn't want to get a drink at the place we were because she didn't want to drink and drive. WTF . I had it, my last words, I'm not running all over town, than I clammed up. At that point, I guess she sensed it best not to say another word to me. We got back to my place, she packed her stuff up to take the 3 hour ride home. she said she ruined my night and just didn't want to make things worse. I told her, I would prefer she not do that as it was pretty late. But she insisted saying she wouldn't be able to sleep, well, I'm not going to get into another war of words, so get.

I'm not what you would call spontaneous, I like to have a plan and follow through, I'm also not exactly in the best of physical shape, so I tire quickly, arthritic so don't need the additional flakiness. This won't happen again with this friend, I can tell you that. I'm still reeling because I'm sad she's sad and sad I'm sad. deep breath.

Vent over.

So did the rest of you have a good night? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to meet with the group for the movie, I have about 2 hours to decide.

Sixy, hope you and hubby have a nice evening out.
That sucks..... I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I purposely don't have a lot of friends in real life, just for this exact reason. I'm having a lower threshold for BS as I get older.

We used to hang out with this friend of ours, but we stopped about a yr ago, just because she was too much "work" always had some kind of drama going on... this woman was in her late 40's early 50's and the way she carried on you'd think she was 22.

I find also that most people, friend wise, just want more time than I'm willing to give. I bust my hump at work all week. When the weekend comes around I don't want to feel obligated to spend time with certain people, don't wanna go to little johnny's soccer game and a cookout afterwards....

LOL... I sound like a dick, but I'm really an OK guy......

Old 06-15-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How does it work with the pay, do your get you money spread out over the year, or do you get screwed for the summer time
Many of the teachers, not I knew would get jobs for the summer as their salaries stopped during the end of the school season. We used to have quite a number of teachers working as, sales associates, for some of the stores I worked. But that was eons ago, things may work differently in some states districts these days. Others can plan well enough or can plainly afford or just rather enjoy the time off.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That sucks..... I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I purposely don't have a lot of friends in real life, just for this exact reason. I'm having a lower threshold for BS as I get older.

We used to hang out with this friend of ours, but we stopped about a yr ago, just because she was too much "work" always had some kind of drama going on... this woman was in her late 40's early 50's and the way she carried on you'd think she was 22.

I find also that most people, friend wise, just want more time than I'm willing to give. I bust my hump at work all week. When the weekend comes around I don't want to feel obligated to spend time with certain people, don't wanna go to little johnny's soccer game and a cookout afterwards....

LOL... I sound like a dick, but I'm really an OK guy......
Oh I know you are an ok guy and understand how you feel, it's why I keep my time spent with friends to a limit as well, and why I have one true long term friend of a quarter century, that I'm never going to give up on, she and I have similar temperaments and can stand each others idiosyncrasies, she's the one person that pretty much gets me, even if we both do eye rolls at each other some times. But this one that I went out with last night, I care much about her, and won't toss the friendship for this episode, but another stunt like last night, and we're getting a permanent divorce. LOL

I need to be leaving here soon, so better finish putting on my face.

You know you are a gem of the best kind, appreciate the comments. Hope you have a good Sat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships