Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 PM
 
650 posts, read 699,414 times
Reputation: 280

Advertisements

I can spot the single and the women who are married.

Listen folks, this is a simple thing.

The single woman wears the latest fashions because she is looking to attract men or a man.

The married woman? She throws something on. See, she isn't going to dress to kill because her husband is going to notice that and get suspicious right away.

Makes sense?

The single woman? She overdoes it with the make-up, the perfume, the accessories.

Married woman? She's more casual. She puts the make-up on more lightly, tastefully. Dabs on some older perfume scent.

Single woman? She's nervous, eyes dart around, she's on guard.

Married woman? She's more relaxed, much more relaxed.

Take it from me, I observe such things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 PM
 
9,408 posts, read 13,691,475 times
Reputation: 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
I can spot the single and the women who are married.

Listen folks, this is a simple thing.

The single woman wears the latest fashions because she is looking to attract men or a man.

The married woman? She throws something on. See, she isn't going to dress to kill because her husband is going to notice that and get suspicious right away.

Makes sense?

The single woman? She overdoes it with the make-up, the perfume, the accessories.

Married woman? She's more casual. She puts the make-up on more lightly, tastefully. Dabs on some older perfume scent.

Single woman? She's nervous, eyes dart around, she's on guard.

Married woman? She's more relaxed, much more relaxed.

Take it from me, I observe such things.
Married women wear lovely perfume and dress nicely just as much as single women don't give a rats behind how they look. You're way off on your observations so don't give up your day job,.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 05:57 PM
 
Location: Southern California
15,083 posts, read 20,391,397 times
Reputation: 10343
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
I can spot the single and the women who are married.

Listen folks, this is a simple thing.

The single woman wears the latest fashions because she is looking to attract men or a man.

The married woman? She throws something on. See, she isn't going to dress to kill because her husband is going to notice that and get suspicious right away.

Makes sense?

The single woman? She overdoes it with the make-up, the perfume, the accessories.

Married woman? She's more casual. She puts the make-up on more lightly, tastefully. Dabs on some older perfume scent.

Single woman? She's nervous, eyes dart around, she's on guard.

Married woman? She's more relaxed, much more relaxed.

Take it from me, I observe such things.


Your observations are an oversimplification.

[this is simple thinking]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
11,157 posts, read 13,919,914 times
Reputation: 14935
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
I can spot the single and the women who are married.

Listen folks, this is a simple thing.

The single woman wears the latest fashions because she is looking to attract men or a man.

The married woman? She throws something on. See, she isn't going to dress to kill because her husband is going to notice that and get suspicious right away.

Makes sense?
Not at all. Plenty of single women are "frumpy" and plenty of married women present themselves very nicely. Also, not all men get suspicious if their wife wants to look attractive. Some of us enjoy it, actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
The single woman? She overdoes it with the make-up, the perfume, the accessories.

Married woman? She's more casual. She puts the make-up on more lightly, tastefully. Dabs on some older perfume scent.

Single woman? She's nervous, eyes dart around, she's on guard.

Married woman? She's more relaxed, much more relaxed.

Take it from me, I observe such things.
I disagree. I've observed it going both ways, and many many more. You really can't categorize women and the way they dress, act, carry themselves, etc... The possible variations are as wide and varied as there are ladies out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
49,932 posts, read 59,545,464 times
Reputation: 98359
You haven't traveled much, have you OP?

This is just wrong. Sorry.



Like most of these posts that are generalizations, it depends on the person. Some care more about their appearance. Marital status is mere coincidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:33 PM
 
14,727 posts, read 33,239,585 times
Reputation: 8949
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
Single woman? She's nervous, eyes dart around, she's on guard.

Married woman? She's more relaxed, much more relaxed.
Of all your assertions, I might agree with this one. I am visualizing myself at the supermarket or a chain restaurant. Yes, a CHAIN restaurant. At a supermarket, a married woman knows she needs to get in, get out, and go home. An unmarried woman gives off a different energy. She is more vigilant of who and what are in her surroundings.

Also, alternative looking women are seldom married. Guys want peaches and cream types, not earthy types. But you don't see those types in the suburbs nearly as much. You see them in-town. Also, if they look like Tonya Harding, they are usually single, too, since they are likely to be in between altercations with the men in their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:39 PM
 
12,535 posts, read 15,143,854 times
Reputation: 29087
What? No silly generalizations for women who are in LTRs or engaged, separated, divorced?

How discriminatory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:40 PM
 
1,065 posts, read 1,307,180 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
Who Is Single? Who Is Married Here? How To Know
Ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:42 PM
 
Location: FL
1,710 posts, read 3,124,762 times
Reputation: 1893
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
The married woman? She throws something on. See, she isn't going to dress to kill because her husband is going to notice that and get suspicious right away
Mine has actually taken to wearing pajamas in public lately. At first I was like, you shouldn't, you'll be the laughingstock around town but these women are coming up to her and complimenting her "oh you look so cute and comfortable". I guess I was wrong. She's always done her own thing, not caring what others think and seems to pull it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Pa
42,763 posts, read 52,666,396 times
Reputation: 25360
She looks you over from head toe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top