Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 03:29 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,338 times

Advertisements

People of a superior caliber are able to be satisfied with higher thoughts and are not slaves of the baser animal instincts to breed. We are aware that the world is already overpopulated, and that there is no need to be work for our genes which try to make us spread them into the future, and they use the coercive tools of hormones.

I am satisfied to be the endpoint of this particular genealogy.

I am satisfied with the fact that I am never going to have a romantic relationship.

You who are slaves of romance and relationships and dating will never have a greater pleasure than the pleasure that can be obtained by reaching a state of higher thought, such as what is obtained when truly appreciating a great work by Palestrina, Josquin, or Victoria. Those of you who have never done something like that are truly lacking. And me, who has never had a romantic relationship is not lacking in any way whatsoever.

I have begun to truly appreciate this recently.

Last edited by RedZin; 02-10-2013 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: Offensive title

Old 02-09-2013, 03:32 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,998,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
People of a superior caliber are able to be satisfied with higher thoughts and are not slaves of the baser animal instincts to breed. We are aware that the world is already overpopulated, and that there is no need to be work for our genes which try to make us spread them into the future, and they use the coercive tools of hormones.

I am satisfied with the fact that I am never going to have a romantic relationship.

You who are slaves of romance and relationships and dating will never have a greater pleasure than the pleasure that can be obtained by reaching a state of higher thought, such as what is obtained when truly appreciating a great work by Palestrina, Josquin, or Victoria. Those of you who have never done something like that are truly lacking. And me, who has never had a romantic relationship is not lacking in any way whatsoever.

Oh yes you are. You just don't know it yet!

Old 02-09-2013, 03:36 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,151 times
We need more intelligent people to have kids, our world depends on it.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:38 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,209 times
Quote:

What if I like Purcell and sex?

Old 02-09-2013, 03:42 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,998,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
We need more intelligent people to have kids, our world depends on it.
Yeah, it's too bad we can't convince the OP to reconsider his decision and procreate. It would be a shame if all that "higher thought" won't get passed on to another generation!

Old 02-09-2013, 03:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
I would comment but I'm such a moron that I can't read the OP!

Old 02-09-2013, 03:44 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,381 times
1:55 and 2:49 into the song below explains very nicely my whole take on love and romance: "I believe in love".

To the OP: I could possibly send you some links to some love songs and love ballads that might possibly make you reconsider somewhat, on the subject...I had something of a fundamental spiritual "awakening" and a revelation of sorts myself, when I listened and had exposure to certain very heartfelt, potent love songs, that forever changed my entire outlook for life, on romantic love

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 02-09-2013 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: Edits

Old 02-09-2013, 03:47 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,478 times
New Rules: while OP's post is an interesting perspective, his thread title is bashing, and he could of used a different title without call all who want to be in LTRs "morons".

Old 02-09-2013, 03:49 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,641,737 times
Quote:

Reads like a suicide note.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:51 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,101 times
Someone's angry because they aren't loved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships