Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 03:54 PM

29,752 posts, read 34,422,837 times

Advertisements

Anybody who's been around here long enough to have read the OP's threads about his paralyzing awkwardness and low self worth is going to have a hard time seeing this thread as anything other than a huge case of sour grapes. He panics at the thought of speaking to a woman, so now anyone who can get a relationship of the ground sucks. If you're truly happy with your life and how it's going, what other people are doing doesn't matter so much.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:56 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,465,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
People of a superior caliber are able to be satisfied with higher thoughts and are not slaves of the baser animal instincts to breed. We are aware that the world is already overpopulated, and that there is no need to be work for our genes which try to make us spread them into the future, and they use the coercive tools of hormones.

I am satisfied to be the endpoint of this particular genealogy.

I am satisfied with the fact that I am never going to have a romantic relationship.

You who are slaves of romance and relationships and dating will never have a greater pleasure than the pleasure that can be obtained by reaching a state of higher thought, such as what is obtained when truly appreciating a great work by Palestrina, Josquin, or Victoria. Those of you who have never done something like that are truly lacking. And me, who has never had a romantic relationship is not lacking in any way whatsoever.

I have begun to truly appreciate this recently.
But what exactly do you want?..

Old 02-09-2013, 04:02 PM

102,228 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Anybody who's been around here long enough to have read the OP's threads about his paralyzing awkwardness and low self worth is going to have a hard time seeing this thread as anything other than a huge case of sour grapes. He panics at the thought of speaking to a woman, so now anyone who can get a relationship of the ground sucks. If you're truly happy with your life and how it's going, what other people are doing doesn't matter so much.
My thoughts exactly.

Readers, meet Davros.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...irlfriend.html

Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,188,100 times
Quote:
People of a superior caliber are able to be satisfied with higher thoughts and are not slaves of the baser animal instincts to breed. We are aware that the world is already overpopulated, and that there is no need to be work for our genes which try to make us spread them into the future, and they use the coercive tools of hormones.

I am satisfied with the fact that I am never going to have a romantic relationship.

You who are slaves of romance and relationships and dating will never have a greater pleasure than the pleasure that can be obtained by reaching a state of higher thought, such as what is obtained when truly appreciating a great work by Palestrina, Josquin, or Victoria. Those of you who have never done something like that are truly lacking. And me, who has never had a romantic relationship is not lacking in any way whatsoever.

Actually, based on your past posts, I'm pretty much of superior caliber to you. And, let me tell you, the world needs my dominant genes. Definitely.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:06 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,188,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Someone's angry because they aren't loved.
I can't imagine why.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:07 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,009,105 times
So is this what your counselor has helped you to understand in the past months, or are you just being an angry beaver and just lashing out at people who want to pursue a loving relationship with someone?

I'm guess angry beaver, or you just have a real bad counselor who's just as depressed as you are.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:56 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,082,825 times
Quote:

We ALL appreciate that! Thank you!

Old 02-09-2013, 05:01 PM

52,306 posts, read 52,748,112 times
I wonder what chapter of his manifesto he pulled that from.....

Old 02-09-2013, 05:01 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,247,151 times
Quote:

Don't be afraid cause it's all right,,all right, keep your heart open cause love will find its way....

Old 02-09-2013, 05:30 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,014,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
We ALL appreciate that! Thank you!
Best response thus far! Well played, ma'am!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships