Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be a sugar daddy, giving up a more loving, committed relationship for fresh meat?
Yes 36 30.00%
No 84 70.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 01:00 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,769,538 times

Advertisements

of course most of them will answer no, that's not surprising. the same ones claiming 'no' are the same ones that put very attactive women on a pedestal and will put up with most of the treatment they dish out. Because as I said before, men have a 'grateful' attitude towards attractive women. If they could trade places with Hugh Hefner (who is constantly used by these younger women for his money and fame, he is using them as well for their looks) most of them will do it in a heartbeat, because those girls are physically appealing. But expect them to say 'no' when it comes time for an online poll to be answered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 01:15 PM

630 posts, read 1,051,807 times
Lol Doll Eyes, you speak much truth

Old 02-27-2013, 02:04 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,786,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
A more "innocent" era? I don't know what generation some of you grew up in that you cling to this erroneous assumption that prior to your coming of age there was some sort of idyllic chaste and pristine age. Whatever fairy tales you're stuck on really need to be put into perspective. There's never been an "innocent" era since time immemorial and the ages have been replete with lust and debauchery. "Camgirls" are just an extension of sexual peepshows.
You are technically correct, but before the camgirl era and adult content en masse on the Internet, what you basically had was much more less-widespread things like Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler, adult videos, brick-and-mortar adult clubs, etc. But not until the Internet age came into play did society have such a broad and widespread medium for young adult women (and men) to engage in this kind of activity, as far as I am aware? Before, it was just a localized handful of Playboy Playmates, adult films actresses and actors, and so on. Today, the ability to become a camgirl is so easy to do and unquestioned that even the gal next door can do it, if she so chooses...the volume of young people engaging and performing in adult content online, much like the quantity itself of the adult content online, has expanded exponentially and astronomically

Quote:
Knight2009, you do know that you can use the internet without going to"explicit, adult-oriented internet content" and camgirl sites, right? Just like you can walk down a street and right past the strip joints and the adult stores; and just like you don't have to tune in your TV to adult-only channels.
Yes, I am aware of that, certainly -- but I also honestly believe that the camgirl lifestyle actually hurts women, emotionally and psychologically; that it is not healthy. Maybe if you think of it this way: is it really something that you would want your (hypothetical) daughter, or (hypothetical) sister or mother, doing? I would of course imagine not. My point is, these women, these camgirls, are somebody's daughter...somebody's mother...somebody's sister. It is degrading and dehumanizing, for women to have to be treated and objectified, this way...except that the performers themselves' inhibitions have been so lowered and minimized to the extent where they may not even see, really just how potentially destructive this lifestyle can be, to them...and so I feel nothing but sadness, for these young women who are working as camgirls...

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 02-27-2013 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: Adds

Old 02-27-2013, 03:03 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,921,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
You are technically correct, but before the camgirl era and adult content en masse on the Internet, what you basically had was much more less-widespread things like Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler, adult videos, brick-and-mortar adult clubs, etc. But not until the Internet age came into play did society have such a broad and widespread medium for young adult women (and men) to engage in this kind of activity, as far as I am aware? Before, it was just a localized handful of Playboy Playmates, adult films actresses and actors, and so on.
If you're going to solely reference recent history then I can only assume from what you say that either you weren't around in the decades you're referencing or, if you were, you just didn't get out much!

As far as past history is concerned, there's ample reading material from pre-Bible onwards which contradict your assumptions.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,209,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Now that you have a new job, are moving to a new apartment and have taken on a new CD user name, things might be looking up, TVSG. Maybe you'll soon be able to afford to pay for sex again.

That's the nicest thing you ever said to me.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
You are technically correct, but before the camgirl era and adult content en masse on the Internet, what you basically had was much more less-widespread things like Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler, adult videos, brick-and-mortar adult clubs, etc. But not until the Internet age came into play did society have such a broad and widespread medium for young adult women (and men) to engage in this kind of activity, as far as I am aware? Before, it was just a localized handful of Playboy Playmates, adult films actresses and actors, and so on. Today, the ability to become a camgirl is so easy to do and unquestioned that even the gal next door can do it, if she so chooses...the volume of young people engaging and performing in adult content online, much like the quantity itself of the adult content online, has expanded exponentially and astronomically

Yes, I am aware of that, certainly -- but I also honestly believe that the camgirl lifestyle actually hurts women, emotionally and psychologically; that it is not healthy. Maybe if you think of it this way: is it really something that you would want your (hypothetical) daughter, or (hypothetical) sister or mother, doing? I would of course imagine not. My point is, these women, these camgirls, are somebody's daughter...somebody's mother...somebody's sister. It is degrading and dehumanizing, for women to have to be treated and objectified, this way...except that the performers themselves' inhibitions have been so lowered and minimized to the extent where they may not even see, really just how potentially destructive this lifestyle can be, to them...and so I feel nothing but sadness, for these young women who are working as camgirls...
actually I don't agree with this. Someone chooses to be a camgirl, an independent contractor, someone who works for themselves. They are the one who is in control. If they don't like how they're being treated, with the click of a button they can ban whoever's watching and the amount of money they can make in a day is up to them.
but using a customer service job like retail as an example--the amount of abuse an employee has to take from the general public at a measly 9 dollars an hour is much more degrading and dehumanizing in my eyes.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:52 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,786,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
actually I don't agree with this. Someone chooses to be a camgirl, an independent contractor, someone who works for themselves. They are the one who is in control. If they don't like how they're being treated, with the click of a button they can ban whoever's watching and the amount of money they can make in a day is up to them.
but using a customer service job like retail as an example--the amount of abuse an employee has to take from the general public at a measly 9 dollars an hour is much more degrading and dehumanizing in my eyes.
(Referring to bolded portion above.)

I agree; the camgirl is the person that is in control. But at what cost? What is the very human price that she pays...even if the money she is making is good or even outstanding, what emotional toll does that take on her, as a person and as a fellow human being?

Sometimes I genuinely wonder if camgirls and other adult actresses may have perhaps forgotten the real meaning of what romantic love is all about...and if they have also forgotten what it is like to be truly loved and cared for, by others? Loved and cherished, not just for their bodies and their looks and not only as objects of intimate desire, but for the beautiful and loving women they already are, deep down inside? Do they feel loved and treasured, much as they truly deserve to be? Do they ever become camgirl performers, specifically because they may feel unloved, or feel that no one cares about them?

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 02-27-2013 at 07:08 PM..

Old 02-27-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
(Referring to bolded portion above.)

I agree; the camgirl is the person that is in control. But at what cost? What is the very human price that she pays...even if the money she is making is good or even outstanding, what emotional toll does that take on her, as a person and as a fellow human being?

Sometimes I genuinely wonder if camgirls and other adult actresses may have perhaps forgotten the real meaning of what romantic love is all about...and if they have also forgotten what it is like to be truly loved and cared for, by others? Loved and cherished, not just for their bodies and their looks and not only as objects of intimate desire, but for the beautiful and loving women they already are, deep down inside? Do they feel loved and treasured, much as they truly deserve to be? Do they ever become camgirl performers, specifically because they may feel unloved, or feel that no one cares about them?
well no one with a weak mind should even venture into the adult industry, but many of these cam girls are in relationships, or even have vanilla careers on the side. They can choose what their boundaries are and what they are willing to do or won't do. Some females especially choose the fetish route, and are dommes who get paid to tell what guys to do. It's amazing how many men out there will pay for a girl to control them. Just like sugarbabies in a sense..these performers are paid actresses and with time will learn to compartmentalize their work. But yes just like anyone else, cam girls can get burnt out and need to take a break from time to time.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 PM

577 posts, read 996,483 times
I will admit to being a yes vote. I really don't see the issue here. It's called a mutually beneficial arrangement for a reason. At long as both parties are benefiting I think it's fine. I realize some will disapprove and that's fine too. I think there are different kinds of sugar babies and sugar daddies. Some sugar babies are straight up gold diggers, some are attempting to reach a goal such as paying off debt or finishing school, and some simply want to enjoy a better quality of life than say a normal twenty-something year old woman would normally have access to. Some sugar daddies want a beautiful young companion for travel and socializing, some just don't want or don't have time for regular dating/relationships.

I'm generalizing a bit I think there are a number of different reasons for doing it. I guess it's the old libertarian streak in me that makes me think do what you want as long as you don't infringe on the rights of others. There is so little happiness out there in the world that if you think this arrangement is for you and will make you happy then I am all for it.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:34 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,871,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
of course most of them will answer no, that's not surprising. the same ones claiming 'no' are the same ones that put very attactive women on a pedestal and will put up with most of the treatment they dish out. Because as I said before, men have a 'grateful' attitude towards attractive women. If they could trade places with Hugh Hefner (who is constantly used by these younger women for his money and fame, he is using them as well for their looks) most of them will do it in a heartbeat, because those girls are physically appealing. But expect them to say 'no' when it comes time for an online poll to be answered.
I remember around 10 years ago I used to be that guy, because I was taught to think that way... but years later you learn way too much about the attractive types and would rather steer clear of the walking pile of "issues". See other young guys do it and it's very hard to talk them out of that mindset, so you have no choice but to watch the train wreck happen. In frank though, there is no way in hell I could be a sugar daddy. Take it for what it's worth, I'm far too jaded to ever let that happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships