Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:37 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,333,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon of Truth View Post
If someone has an OVI, but tells you they don't drink ... that means alcoholic.
LOL...no.
It means they have an OVI. And may not drink any longer.

Already you're showing that you make assumptions not based on evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 10:41 AM

350 posts, read 384,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
LOL...no.
It means they have an OVI. And may not drink any longer.

Already you're showing that you make assumptions not based on evidence.
I know the difference. Trust me.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I know the difference. Trust me.
I don't.
And there's no reason to believe you do.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:46 AM

350 posts, read 384,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I don't.
And there's no reason to believe you do.
Then feel free to date all the druggies, babymommas and financial deadbeats you can. My standards are a lot higher than yours.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:47 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,292,294 times
Quote:
I know a woman in her 60's who was very frustrated with internet dating. She is overweight and she said that men treat being overweight like having the plague.
Being overweight is all relative. For every person that doesn't like it, there's a person that does. Problem is, that person may not be geographically near you.

I don't like many women that are below a size 10. I like curves so I naturally like "chubbier" women. It's what attracts me. A size 0 is just not something I'm attracted to, or have ever been. I wouldn't want someone grossly obese either, but weight can be lost. Character and the ability to communicate is lost after so long.

I know attractiveness matters, but I think everyone tends to focus on how someone looks and doesn't care about what comes out of their mouth. I'm looking for what makes me attracted to you. I could give a damn about what everyone else thinks!

Old 02-19-2013, 10:54 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,273,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
It's not so bad if you follow appropriate protocol. Meet them in a public place, drive yourself, and go where there's a lot of traffic. I swear, people make online dating so much harder than it ever has to be. The same thing could happen with someone you met in real life as well.

I realize the stigma that is online dating; however, I think it gets blown out of proportion a little bit. I can understand being hesistant, but if the person seems relatively normal, what's the harm in meeting them in a public place?

Don't let one apple spoil the whole bunch. It's like saying just because you had a child out of wedlock, you are less worthy.

People harp on the bad of online dating to keep themselves from experiencing the good!
I don't know anyone who's did the whole online dating thing. I think it seems more common in the US than over here unless I just don't hear about it.

I honestly though when I first heard about online dating it was pull of weirdos and people who were desperate but my opinion has changed. I think if I met someone I would be apprehensive about meeting them but would still do it and just be cautious.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:54 AM

803 posts, read 1,670,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Wolves do like the places where they can get away with wearing sheeps' clothing.

There was another story about a guy who faked he was a girl to meet a guy, just so he could pull off a thrill kill.

Teenager killed boxer 'for a thrill' after luring him to death with Facebook picture of 'curvy' and 'seductive' model | Mail Online

Online dating is a great way to rob men at gunpoint/knifepoint as well.

Mandeville man robbed at knifepoint during online dating meet-up | NOLA.com

Man allegedly robbed by woman he met on the Internet - Peoria, IL - pjstar.com

Online dating ad leads to second robbery - morningjournal.com

Deputies: Mother, son beat, robbed man they met on dating website | TBO.com

Old 02-19-2013, 10:59 AM

102,253 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
This doesn't happen often, but it certainly happens. Always keep your guard up when meeting new people, and for the love of god meet in public places until you feel safe with the person. Crazies in the world!

And this was ChristianMingle!

Sean Banks Allegedly Rapes Woman He Met on Christian Dating Site
This woman invited a stranger into her home on the first date. No one does that. Maybe a Christian site gives some people a false sense of security?

Before online dating was big, a woman met a guy through the newspaper personal ads. They went on a first date to the local art museum. Her date assaulted her IN THE MUSEUM LOBBY as they were leaving. She screamed and got away, and ran out the door while a security guard jumped the guy.

Those coffee-date-first suggestions for online dating are the best way to go.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,971,445 times
online dating is just plain scary, especially for women. youve got very frustrated sometimes angry and defeated people on there desperate to find someone. the myth that its the new hip place to meet super attractive normal people is purely a myth propogated by the marketing of the websites making millions. its largely a danger zone of lies, fake pics, smoke screens and issue laden people better suited for a psych forum.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Then feel free to date all the druggies, babymommas and financial deadbeats you can. My standards are a lot higher than yours.
Again, displaying your lack of logic.

On what evidence do you make the statement that your standards are higher than mine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships