Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,954,833 times

Advertisements

Online dating can be dangerous if not done right.
1-talk online a lot
2-email
3-exchange #'s after a good period of time
4-talk on phone. Do this for many days
5-If the talking seems compatible make plans to meet.
6-Inform friends or family of this person. And their info.
7-Meet at a public place
8-Have a back up plan if the date sucks.(Friend calls-They have a emergency
9-if date went well call in 3 days.-time to think about how date went
10-Date for a long time-See if it can trangress to anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 07:16 PM

37,722 posts, read 46,173,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I would be very hesitant to date someone I met online.
You don't "meet" them online. You communicate online. And you ALWAYS meet in a safe, public place. I dated men that I met via online sites for many years. I don't understand how people can be so stupid as to allow a total stranger (and they ARE a stranger until you get to know them - in PERSON) to be around them anywhere else, other than in public.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:18 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,422,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
1-talk online a lot
2-email
7-Meet at a public place
Generally, only three of these are needed. Talk ... and ANALYZE like crazy. (I do that part well - ). Then, just meet in a public place and don't provide too much information. You can always program your phone to avoid certain numbers or, at worst, change your phone number.

The ONLY variable that remains, if you don't like how the date went, is to be able to walk to your respective vehicles separately, and at separate times. Then, never look back.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
1-talk online a lot
2-email
7-Meet at a public place
Good list Raena. I will add, always - ALWAYS - let a close friend/family member know when you are meeting someone for the first couple of times...where you are going, and the person's name and phone number. I always did this.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 PM

350 posts, read 384,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
They are. That's because some people are only on there to "shop," and are temporarily identifying as Christian. When I was on FB, the people who went fanatical were funny, and not very credible. On these sites, one party has generally complicated their lives and is looking to the other party as a "savior" of sorts. While I have not gone to any non-denominational Christian singles functions, I have heard that the quality (ahem) of the people and the level of drama is no different than if it were a secular setting.
One thing those sites have going against them is that the selection isn't as large as what you find on some of the mainstream sites. However, I do tend to think the women are at least there for the right reasons. They are trying to find somebody compatible with how they see themselves and with compatible values, and that's hard to do in today's secular world.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
What if it had been the second meeting? Or the third? At what point can you decide with certainty that the new guy you're dating isn't a rapist?
Well you certainly don't go home with them on the second or third meeting. I certainly would not.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,954,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Generally, only three of these are needed. Talk ... and ANALYZE like crazy. (I do that part well - ). Then, just meet in a public place and don't provide too much information. You can always program your phone to avoid certain numbers or, at worst, change your phone number.

The ONLY variable that remains, if you don't like how the date went, is to be able to walk to your respective vehicles separately, and at separate times. Then, never look back.
Yes I had dates where I faked a headache. So I could go home.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:22 PM

350 posts, read 384,229 times
Quote:
1-talk online a lot
2-email
7-Meet at a public place
I think you're elongating the process out too much. I don't think my attention span is long enough to do it the way you'd just laid it out.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
online dating is just plain scary, especially for women. youve got very frustrated sometimes angry and defeated people on there desperate to find someone. the myth that its the new hip place to meet super attractive normal people is purely a myth propogated by the marketing of the websites making millions. its largely a danger zone of lies, fake pics, smoke screens and issue laden people better suited for a psych forum.
It most certainly is not. All that is needed is some common sense.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon of Truth View Post
I think you're elongating the process out too much. I don't think my attention span is long enough to do it the way you'd just laid it out.
Ah. So you are probably one of those that wants to meet a gal the same night you come across her profile online. Yeah...that's not gonna work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships