Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM

597 posts, read 1,147,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The solution is that you forget about her and get on with your life. The solution is that you face reality, and get over her. Get professional help with that if need be, but nothing will change her mind, because she's obviously put off by you. For all you know, she has a bf outside of school, someone you don't even know.
Well, perhaps when she is older and much more mature, she will change her mind. People change. Sometimes for the better.

Anyone with sense would agree with me, that it's extremely foolish to treat someone in this way without even giving them a chance. First impressions are not everything........

I've had quite a few suggestions. However, nothing that looks like a solution.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:41 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post

Anyone with sense would agree with me, that it's extremely foolish to treat someone in this way without even giving them a chance. First impressions are not everything........
The problem seems to be that you think that her distaste for you is based on one or two incidents way in the past. I'm sure it's more than that. She may simply not be attracted to your look. She may have heard things about you from friends, male or female. She may have observed you, and found you're not her type. Whatever the case, it's highly likely that your assumptions about why she's turned off to you are incorrect. There's undoubtedly more to her opinion than you think. So give it up. She's sending you clear signals to leave her alone. Heed them.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Well, perhaps when she is older and much more mature, she will change her mind. People change. Sometimes for the better.

The ONLY "solution" is as plain as the nose on your face - you just don't want to see it (or hear from us)

Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:

No, there have been solutions, you just refuse to listen because they aren't what you are hoping to read. We've already told you what you should do, and you're acting stubborn.

But, whatever, it's your issue and you can choose to continue to be a creep.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The ONLY "solution" is as plain as the nose on your face - you just don't want to see it (or hear from us)
I beg to disagree. I came here, hoping to find a viable solution to reach my goal. It’s understandable that everyone here has their opinion about what I should do.However, I stated what my goal is and that is what I will work towards. My reasons for this are valid, although I know that neither you nor I have the time to elaborate on them.

I appreciate those who are willing to share suggestions reagrding how I can work towards my goal.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:59 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
I appreciate your concern. If you knew me personally, you would know that I am very focused on my career and future. During my time off, I work towards acheiving my goal of a profession in my field of interest. However, this has been going on for three years, its time a solution was found.....
We only know your side of the story. We cannot possibly help you figure this out.

The ONLY TWO SOLUTIONS here involve INCREDIBLE ACTION on your part:

1) Ask her why she looks like she smelled a fart whenever she sees you,

2) IGNORE HER and FORGET ABOUT THIS.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
I beg to disagree. I came here, hoping to find a viable solution to reach my goal. It’s understandable that everyone here has their opinion about what I should do.However, I stated what my goal is and that is what I will work towards. My reasons for this are valid, although I know that neither you nor I have the time to elaborate on them.

I appreciate those who are willing to share suggestions reagrding how I can work towards my goal.

Believe me, no one here wants to help you more than I do.

You are a young man with a serious obsession in major denial.

What I am telling you is not just "my opinion" - it is the observation of everyone here.

Basically, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - IT'S A DUCK.

Your "goal" is not realistic - you are living in a fantasy to think it is.

Please please speak to your parents, or another adult in your life about this. You are in SERIOUS need of intervention before you totally derail your life.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
[
1) Ask her why she looks like she smelled a fart whenever she sees you,
Don't try any confrontation unless you want to watch her scream and run all the way to the principal's office.

You're starting to freak us out, kid.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Believe me, no one here wants to help you more than I do.

Please please speak to your parents, or another adult in your life about this. You are in SERIOUS need of intervention before you totally derail your life.
I believe you have misunderstood. I do nothing to bother her. I simply mind my own business. I am doing nothing that would in any way; "derail my life". She is the one looking at me, as though I am guilty of something.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:12 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
How do you know she is not in a relationship if you have not spoken to her in 3 years and rarely see her?

Could it be she is aware of your fixation on her? To normal women, what you are feeling and thinking about her is not flattering, it is frightening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships