Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 08:58 PM

9 posts, read 48,003 times

Advertisements

I am over 40, looking to move to another city or town with more single men and people are friendly and say hello to you. I am tired of live in NYC, there are so many wonderful and beautiful women being single or dating with old, desperate men. I want to have someone that we care and love each other and get married eventually. I don't care of so what culture, if you are smart enough, you create culture.
Any suggestion? which town has more single men for women over 40?
please advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 06:55 AM

27,353 posts, read 27,405,100 times
On a plane back to Az from Wi, I heard a couple of guys talking behind me, they were mentioning that Phx is packed with singles. I cant guarantee how desperate or just 'looking' many of them may be, but...... you might try there!

Old 10-26-2007, 07:08 AM

786 posts, read 1,177,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acupoftea View Post
I am tired of live in NYC, there are so many wonderful and beautiful women being single or dating with old, desperate men.
Note to self: be sure to check out NYC... might be worth the higher cost of living.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:32 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,374,452 times
bad Shuke! that's a bad Shuke!!!

You want a slower more genuine sincere pace of life, with people that fill it proportionally... get out of the city life, and check yourself into a smaller town, where people wave on the street, hold the door open for you, smile even though they don't know you. . .

Alabama (as long as your white, I think your chances are pretty good at slipping into a comfortable lifestyle there, can you tolerate Southern Hospitality?) hot sticky summers.

Alaska (the last known frontier) Rance can hook you up with wilderness scruffy but gentle as a moose-kinda men that fall out of trees and sit on their back porch carving wooden figurines dreaming of the love of their life they don't have yet. Big warm fires, cozy animal-skin rugs. Long cold nights under the stars.

Wisconsin (closely resembling the Southern hospitality, but with much colder winters) Again, set back from the major fast-paced crime infested city life.

North Carolina (very low cost of living allowance) Very affordable plantation style homes. Slower paces life, but anywhere you go you are at most 45 mins from a bigger city if you need to be. Driving through some of their historic towns, is like stepping back in time.

Also, try your **** . com website.... Best Places to Live: Compare the Best Cities & Small Towns for You!
It will have you take a quiz, for what you are best looking for in an area. Without the details of what you want, looking just generally for more men, can kind of range all over the place.

Last edited by Marylandkitten; 10-26-2007 at 07:44 AM..

Old 10-26-2007, 07:34 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,220,933 times
With Alaska you get moose meat.....

Old 10-26-2007, 07:42 AM

27,353 posts, read 27,405,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
bad Shuke! that's a bad Shuke!!!

You want a slower more genuine sincere pace of life, with people that fill it proportionally... get out of the city life, and check yourself into a smaller town, where people wave on the street, hold the door open for you, smile even though they don't know you. . .

Alabama (as long as your white, I think your chances are pretty good at slipping into a comfortable lifestyle there, can you tolerate Southern Hospitality?) hot sticky summers.

Alaska (the last known frontier) Rance can hook you up with wilderness scruffy but gentle as a moose-kinda men that fall out of trees and sit on their back porch carving wooden figurines dreaming of the love of their life they don't have yet. Big warm fires, cozy animal-skin rugs. Long cold nights under the stars.

Wisconsin (closely resembling the Southern hospitality, but with much colder winters) Again, set back from the major fast-paced crime infested city life.

Also, try your **** . com website.... Best Places to Live: Compare the Best Cities & Small Towns for You!
It will have you take a quiz, for what you are best looking for in an area. Without the details of what you want, looking just generally for more men, can kind of range all over the place.

VERY well said, Fiddle, Ive known that for years, but sadly, many people who like the city life will only find what the city has to offer. Their choice, I guess, not mine.
Both times I went to WI and almost didnt come back. But at the time, had a b/f here who has his own successful business, so moving him was kinda out of the question. Ive been to a couple of southern states, and again, the down-home friendliness of the people there too, the politeness of some of those 'southern boys', lol.
Tried to give you points but.....

Old 10-26-2007, 09:30 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,752 times
Eliminate Indianapolis. I've looked everywhere. Under rocks...in corn silos.

I'm a hawk eye for pepper gray hair. When I spot one, I hone in like an ornithologist. Raise my binoculars to my eyes and remember to breathe. The rare sighting of the elusive middle aged man....what a glorious sight, lol.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:04 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
I've heard that Wyoming is good for hunting single men. I knew a woman in her thirties that had a bad marriage in Boston. Divorced him and went back to her family in Wyoming. Was remarried about a year later to a nice rancher. And apparently there were a few men interested in dating her.

There are single men in my area, but it's a matter of doing like activities in order to meet them.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:04 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
If you want to find single men you should move out West. There are more men than women on the West Coast. The Los Angeles area has the most surplus men in raw numbers. Where I live in Las Vegas is filled with excess men. The East Coast is the exact opposite,there are more women than men. In raw numbers, Where you are, NYC, has the most women over men.

This has been the case throughout U.S history. As the saying says "Go West young man". Many single men have moved West for opportunity, while most women stay near their hometowns to be near family and friends.

I believe sex ratio is of supreme importance in dating, years ago I picked a college partially based on the fact that it had close to a 2:1 female sex ratio. Sure enough, I met so many women and had a wonderful time. When I moved back to Vegas I dated far less because everywhere I went it was a sausage fest...dudes everywhere!

If you want to see an interesting map that shows where the guys and gals live do a search on National Geographic singles map.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:25 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acupoftea View Post
I am over 40, looking to move to another city or town with more single men and people are friendly and say hello to you. I am tired of live in NYC, there are so many wonderful and beautiful women being single or dating with old, desperate men. I want to have someone that we care and love each other and get married eventually. I don't care of so what culture, if you are smart enough, you create culture.
Any suggestion? which town has more single men for women over 40?
please advice.
i have a great friend she is an older lady. she happens to be african american. she said she goes on cruises and meets lots of men thats the problem she just meetsem.
i guess the problem is there have been too many law suits know whatamean? everybody got a lot more cauteous. especially guys.
its a new ball game. but you being from the big apple probably have already figured that one out.
anyway. have a nice day.
stephen s
san diego ca
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships