Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 12:55 PM

9 posts, read 30,649 times

Advertisements

Is there a difference, are men from a smaller town usually better than the ones from larger cities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 01:01 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Depends on the city. I think it depends on the small town too. Plus whats better? I think they have two different types of existing and its just a match for some and not for others.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:03 PM

9 posts, read 30,649 times
I meant as far as character, I guess. And I guess that would be hard to stereotype, too. Thoughts?

Old 12-18-2009, 01:04 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
I prefer small town/country boys myself. They're less pretentious, less concerned with appearances. But there are pros and cons both ways.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:10 PM

225 posts, read 643,792 times
In general, living in a small town means a larger percentage of the residents know you, so it tends to make you more accountable, whereas a bigger city gives you anonymity that would enable you to get away with behavior that might not be accepted. Tendancies towards bad behavior will be held in check if someone thinks they're being watched.

The potential for naivite is higher in a small town.

Other than that, jerks are jerks, good people are good people, cultured people and street smart people are who they are - basically, the person's life philosophy will be key in developing their personalities.

Source: lived in both small town and big city.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:16 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robineli View Post
In general, living in a small town means a larger percentage of the residents know you, so it tends to make you more accountable, whereas a bigger city gives you anonymity that would enable you to get away with behavior that might not be accepted. Tendancies towards bad behavior will be held in check if someone thinks they're being watched.

The potential for naivite is higher in a small town.

Other than that, jerks are jerks, good people are good people, cultured people and street smart people are who they are - basically, the person's life philosophy will be key in developing their personalities.

Source: lived in both small town and big city.
I too have lived in a small town and big city, currently downtown Chicago. I'm finding that they both have flaws, niether is good or bad. One thing that DOES annoy me tho is the women in the big city that are FROM small towns. They are sooooo typical and I feel like I've got them figured out before I even get to know them. They're usually in "finding myself" mode and if they're average on the attractive scale, they wouldn't know it because in their small town they were the beauty queen for their whole county, but in Chicago they're just one of millions of gorgeous women. That's one thing I love about the big city, a hot chick can turn you down, but it doesn't matter becaus she's a dime-a-dozen and there's a hotter girl less than 10 feet away.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:16 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
Country folks are a lot simpler, they like pick-up trucks, value hard work but sometimes I feel like, there is a lot of dysfunctional/trashy people in the smaller towns (I am in Minnesota)

Also, alcoholism is a huge problem in the smaller towns here, and there are lots of unemployed people(and losers) in the smaller towns.

I love small towns, I just don't like the "trashy" lifestyle that usually goes with it. Alcoholism, smoking, being unhealthy, doing drugs, sleeping around, tattoos, etc

In the city, you have the pompous, superficial bastards that value materialism and image more than anything. So, the best in my opinion would BE a man or woman with a mix of values (country and city)

Old 12-18-2009, 01:18 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Country folks are a lot simpler, they like pick-up trucks, value hard work but sometimes I feel like, there is a lot of dysfunctional/trashy people in the smaller towns (I am in Minnesota)

Also, alcoholism is a huge problem in the smaller towns here, and there are lots of unemployed people(and losers) in the smaller towns.

I love small towns, I just don't like the "trashy" lifestyle that usually goes with it. Alcoholism, smoking, drugs, sleeping around, tattoos, etc

In the city, you have the pompous, superficial bastards that value materialism and image more than anything. So, the best in my opinion would BE a man or woman with a mix of values (country and city)
Got negativity?

Old 12-18-2009, 01:20 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I too have lived in a small town and big city, currently downtown Chicago. I'm finding that they both have flaws, niether is good or bad. One thing that DOES annoy me tho is the women in the big city that are FROM small towns. They are sooooo typical and I feel like I've got them figured out before I even get to know them. They're usually in "finding myself" mode and if they're average on the attractive scale, they wouldn't know it because in their small town they were the beauty queen for their whole county, but in Chicago they're just one of millions of gorgeous women. That's one thing I love about the big city, a hot chick can turn you down, but it doesn't matter becaus she's a dime-a-dozen and there's a hotter girl less than 10 feet away.
Yeh M. Monroe was a real ugmo

Old 12-18-2009, 01:25 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Got negativity?
I am sorry if reality bothers you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships