Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 02:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Yes, you're being overly sensitive! You had a great date. Give him some room to breathe afterward. Don't worry and don't go crazy texting. Just enjoy how good you're feeling right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 02:40 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
p.s. Now don't go there with being afraid he just wants to cuddle...YOU just want to cuddle for now! Just ride it for now. You're having fun and he's having fun.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:44 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
p.s. Now don't go there with being afraid he just wants to cuddle...YOU just want to cuddle for now! Just ride it for now. You're having fun and he's having fun.
It's like she's attacking him for not making a move, yet she isn't ready for him to make a move. OP, with this behavior, how can the guy truly win? Think about that. He's damned if he cuddles you and doesn't put a move on you, and he's damned if he tries to sleep with you and you aren't ready.

Something else to think about, maybe you haven't been in a respectful relationship in the past and you are unfamiliar with what you are dealing with? That's ok, but don't run away from something good, just because you haven't experienced it before. Like JerZ said, ride it out and see where the experience takes you. If all you have experienced is bad relationships then that's all you will have, until you decide to try something different and get out of your comfort zone.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:50 PM

43 posts, read 38,397 times
You all are right. He's just so hard to read so I'm stressing over whether he truly likes me. I need to keep school #1 right now anyway. We'll continue to take it slow and see what happens.

JerZ- thanks, your right I'll try to stay in the moment rather than stressing over the future lol

Weezerfan- Lol you're so right. I always expect guys to have bad intentions AKA to only want to sleep with me. I'm going to try to stop with my unnecessary assumptions.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:25 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moretime View Post
Update!

Thanks for your help everybody!

So I did end up texting him, we ended up meeting up last night. We are both grad students and on spring break so why not?
I ended up spending the night, but nothing happened. We just cuddled and made out...again. I'm not really into sex without a relationship so that's not going to happen unless he wants to get more serious.

I left early this morning because I have a lot of work to do, but he begged me to stay. He kissed me goodbye and went back to bed. The thing is...I haven't heard from him all day!! I mean, another great night and then I don't hear a peep?! Am I being overly sensitive? overly anxious? Am I over analyzing? I texted him a few hours a ago and he responded but he's not texting like he used to. Then again he has a business trip tomorrow, so he could be preparing for that?

I guess I'm just going to lay low for awhile. I at least initiated conversation today. I'm starting to get concerned he's only looking for a cuddle buddy? Weird.

He is a cancer...if anyone is into astrology, maybe that has something to do with it?
Congrats on making the move and a great date. Just play it casualy, instead of overthinking and overanalyzing every move either one of you makes. One other thing that caught my attention. You said that you are not interested in sex until you are in a serious relationship, but at the same time you are concerned that he may only be looking for a cuddle buddy. That sounds to me like you are dissapointed that he isnt taking any steps to move your physical interraction forward. Pay attention guys. Many women say that they arent interested in sex until XYZ happens, but when you fail to make your moves, they go home dissapointed, concerned about your intentions or straight up think that you may be gay. Actions not words, is all that matters.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:31 PM

43 posts, read 38,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Congrats on making the move and a great date. Just play it casualy, instead of overthinking and overanalyzing every move either one of you makes. One other thing that caught my attention. You said that you are not interested in sex until you are in a serious relationship, but at the same time you are concerned that he may only be looking for a cuddle buddy. That sounds to me like you are dissapointed that he isnt taking any steps to move your physical interraction forward. Pay attention guys. Many women say that they arent interested in sex until XYZ happens, but when you fail to make your moves, they go home dissapointed, concerned about your intentions or straight up think that you may be gay. Actions not words, is all that matters.
By only looking for a cuddle buddy, I really mean to say that I'm not sure if he is looking for a relationship or a girl to kind of hang around when he needs some company. He never really talks about what his intentions with me are. When we spend time together we just kind of make out, talk, and watch movies. I don't know if i'm heading into the FWB zone.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moretime View Post
By only looking for a cuddle buddy, I really mean to say that I'm not sure if he is looking for a relationship or a girl to kind of hang around when he needs some company. He never really talks about what his intentions with me are. When we spend time together we just kind of make out, talk, and watch movies. I don't know if i'm heading into the FWB zone.
Gotcha. Just play it cool for now and think of it as casual dating. If you dont hear from him for a few days, hit him up and say hello, if you want to talk. Best of Luck!

Old 03-19-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Been here before. Had a couple tell me that they didn't want to have sex, but once things started getting hot and heavy, the weren't stoppping me. They ultimately left feeling a little disappointed in themselves, but everytime after that, they would be pissed if they came over and we didn't sleep together.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Been here before. Had a couple tell me that they didn't want to have sex, but once things started getting hot and heavy, the weren't stoppping me. They ultimately left feeling a little disappointed in themselves, but everytime after that, they would be pissed if they came over and we didn't sleep together.
No doubt. Ive dated alot of girls in the last couple of years, and each and every one pretty much expected sex on the first date. And we are talking about women between the ages of 20-43, from very different socio economic backgrounds and upbringings. I went on a first date with a younger girl, who came up to my place after very first date, but she seemed a little conservative and I really liked her and thought that waiting for date 2 or 3 would likely make her most comfortable, since I didnt want her to think that all i wanted from her was sex.

When I walked her home, she was so upset that I thought she would either burst out crying or start punching me. Neither one happened, and when i asked her directly about whether us not having sex on a first date had anything to do with her being upset, the response i got was silence. Which of course means i was spot on. Never make that mistake again.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:47 PM

I had a first date sex night that turned out horrible. It was late and I had to work the next day, so I said I would take her back to her car. She started crying in my living room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships