Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 03:49 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDavid View Post
No, I studied and then I worked 12 hours a day for many years, including long periods abroad.
I've been abroad.
There are women there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 03:51 PM

106 posts, read 171,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I've been abroad.
There are women there
I was usually so tired I craved every little moment to sleep.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
How have you determined that these people have normal physical and mental health?

You haven't determined that there's people who aren't in normal physical, mental health without sex. You won't look for them either because like I said people want to beleive sex is required for every person so they will deny if a person tells them they are fine without it.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I was always a very low profile person and a good friend rather than a potential boyfriend. Besides, I was busy with my career I didn't even think about it to be honest. I just went to work, came back home, had a few hobbies during the weekend and that's it. And I have my 3 nephews and a handful of godchildren.

If you are okay in life with your godchildren, work, etc and don't feel like you need a sexual partner, then that is fine with me. I'm not going to convince you that you do. I get sick of people trying to shove their way of life onto others who are telling them they are fine the way they are.

What's ironic is what is 'mentally healthy' about forcing a person to do something they don't want to do?

Old 03-30-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
If you are okay in life with your godchildren, work, etc and don't feel like you need a sexual partner, then that is fine with me. I'm not going to convince you that you do. I get sick of people trying to shove their way of life onto others who are telling them they are fine the way they are.

What's ironic is what is 'mentally healthy' about forcing a person to do something they don't want to do?
It's not a matter of "feeling fine", it's a matter of being used to it. I would enjoy possibly having someone but I would feel sorry for the poor woman. I couldn't stand living with a person like myself.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:10 PM

469 posts, read 566,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyself73 View Post
Okay so isn't masturbation a sexual act??? That would to me mean that you have had sexual interactions but only with yourself. .
Hello so what's your POV about the masturbation? Is it not a sexual act?

Old 03-30-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Seriously? You are not aware of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs? And you are 52??

The basic physiological needs – these include the things that are vital to our survival. Some examples of the physiological needs include:

Food
Water
Breathing
Homeostatis

In addition to the basic requirements of nutrition, air and temperature regulation, the physiological needs also include such things as shelter and clothing. Sexual reproduction is also included in this level of the hierarchy of needs since it is essential to the survival and propagation of the species.

This is taught in high school for crying out loud.
I knew that but I think sex is an outside there. If you look at the other needs, you truly wouldn't survive them. That's not the case of sex.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyself73 View Post
Hello so what's your POV about the masturbation? Is it not a sexual act?
We're talking about sex as intercourse. Masturbation belongs to sexuality but it's not sex in my book. Otherwise, I would have a very active sex life.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:23 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
Sex isn't a "basic need", but it is a "basic want"...at least for most, I'd assume.
Not having sex..that's fine. It's your life after all, do what you will with it.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
It's not a matter of "feeling fine", it's a matter of being used to it. I would enjoy possibly having someone but I would feel sorry for the poor woman. I couldn't stand living with a person like myself.
Then what you just stated is not the same thing as what I am talking about then. At the end of the day you WOULD like to be with someone else sexually. I was speaking about people who 'feel fine' and do not feel as if they need sex with another person, even if offered, I fall into this category. My physical health is alright, but my mental health is better at times, worse at others for a few key reasons (flawed brain chemistry, life stresses, head injury, etc). Getting involved in a sexual relationship would NOT be helpful to me, so why should I force myself into it to appease others? Some people are not the type of people that can be tolerated to live with or as a partner. They need to face reality on this and at least you can admit it. This 'lid for every pot' talk is bullsh*t. I'm sorry to say, if you don't think there's someone out there that could tolerate being with you as a partner (for whatever your reasons) then there's probably not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships