Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 03:43 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,065,561 times

Advertisements

I think he's crazy. Seriously. He's got some problems. I would stay away from him. The rules apply to him, too. If a man is interested, he calls. He doesn't disappear or break plans too often. And when he has to break plans, he has a valid excuse.
This man's not ever worried about not being able to get back in to your life. He is inconsistent and you don't want to end up with someone who would only be half there at best. And I'd doubt you'd end up with him or something at least reasonably serious (commitment of at least girlfriend and evidence of moving forward) would be going on by now. Stay away from this one. Crazy rubs off. And men do not like crazy chicks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 04:25 PM

33 posts, read 38,908 times
We in NYC. So go figure we keep bumping to each other at the same event. I appreciate the feedback. I've gotten multiple people who have told me to keep going to these events. Idk, I'll decide when the time comes. Thank you all for your comments. Some of it but the truth hurts, right?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:44 PM

My post is fraught with typos! I meant to say I already knew most of what you guys were saying. Some of it hurt but the truth hurts. Thanks everyone.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:00 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,709,608 times
You have gotten some good advice from folks here. Wishing you luck in staying away from him. Be strong!

Old 04-07-2013, 05:01 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
I think the OP sounds too mad to get the response she clearly wants from him.

Seems like dude has attempted many, many, many times to talk, but always gets shut down by the OP.

I don't know what the dramatical draw is here between these two...I guess the sex must've been great.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:19 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,055,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
You have gotten some good advice from folks here. Wishing you luck in staying away from him. Be strong!
What this poster said.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:39 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericksandy1 View Post
What do you think of this damn saga? Comments? Advice?
Wow man...come on...be honest to yourself, if you really didn't give a s##t, would you be texting and talking at all?..You still got a crush on him, and he knows it...it's up to you whether you really want to end it or not, and if you're still giving him honey....... he probably won't.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:33 AM

Purehuman,
Did you miss the part where I said I still had feelings & I'm still attracted to him? Did you miss the part where I said if I thought it could work, I'd give it a shot but feels like just a rinse & repeat? I'm true to myself and I was honest in my OP. if I thought for a second he was being sincere, I'd be with instead of posting.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:46 AM

14,768 posts, read 8,099,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericksandy1 View Post
A few years back, a guy I dated who broke my heart. For a year, all I knew was heartbreak until I finally said enough and brought a ticket to a singles event on NYE 2011. I met someone else. I liked him even more.

He was my age (first guy was 10 years younger) & he talked/pushed commitment (marriage, children) from before he asked for my number. We dated for two months, at which time we became intimate. All of sudden, he claimed that he was the primary caretaker for seriously ill parents and he would not be available for a while.

I brought it for few weeks & then I shot off a nasty text stating he was full of it. I figured that would end it. He did not respond to the text but when Easter rolled around the following month, he sent greetings via text.

About a month later, he started calling me. I was not going to respond but I my uncle told me to hear him out. He didn't say anything except he wanted to see me. I said no and then changed my mind.

I was having minor surgery that would lay me up for a week. He called to check in but didn't come see me. He said he'd come see me every week for a month and never showed. I called to confront him, he didn't answer.

I was so angry that I sent a lengthy letter to his house telling him how I felt. He never responded. A month later I was stuck at the airport, still wondering if he got the letter so I called. By the time I got home, he showed up shortly. He claimed that things were moving too fast before and he just got out of a serious relationship.

He was engaged to a woman he had been involved with on/off for the 15 years. He cared for her deeply; felt she would’ve made a good wife, and that they would’ve had a nice life together. She had waited and put up with him for years. He felt he owed her marriage but claims he couldn't do it because he wasn't attracted to her. He did not desire her sexually. He also confessed his parents weren't as sick as he led me to believe.

He spent the night talking marriage, love, children, counseling, moving in and generally moving forward together. I didn't buy it but I kept an open mind but ultimately, he left again. I called to confront him, he hung up on me. So I figured that was it.

I started attending singles events. At one of the events I made a connection with someone new and was seriously getting my flirt on when Mr. marriage & children shows up. He breaks up my flirtation; I get upset and leave without speaking to him. He never reaches out (no call, letter, email, text, showing up on my doorstep, or smoke signal).

Another event was coming up and I asked friends & family if I should go. Everyone said yeah, I should not let him run me off. He was there again, comes over & to ask a number of pointless questions. I was short with him. He was taken aback and excused himself. He put me in a bad mood so socializing/flirting was out. I left.

It felt like there was more he wanted to say but didn't. I thought maybe I was too mean to him but then I thought, what was meaner than what he did me? I thought of calling to hash things out but reminded myself he lied, walked out, avoided me, & now he was making me uncomfortable at these events. He again did not reach out to me.

So about two weeks ago, another mixer comes along, I go and he's there. He says it’s always a pleasure to see me and tries to prod me into talking to him. I don't. He goes on to say that he noticed at the last event that I left 20 minutes after I spoke to him. He wanted to know if it had to do with him. I tell him I don’t know what to tell you but noted he must’ve been looking for me afterwards.

He starts talking how tired he is of these events (he’s been saying this from NYE 2011) and wants marriage, children and etc. He then invites me to go out with him & friends immediately after the event and I declined. He introduces me to one of his friends saying we know each intimately. I was mortified. I was there for 1 hour and he came over to me three times which I feel dissuaded anyone else with an interest. Feeling it was a waste of time between him coming over and his big mouth, I leave again.

The weekend passes, I'm still upset, look up his number & blast him via text. He calls and I don't answer. So Sunday its Easter again, I call him. No answer so I leave an awkward message pretty much saying if you want to talk let’s do this otherwise take care because I probably won't see you again. He texts me happy Easter. I text back saying bygones & happy Easter.

Admittedly, I still have feelings and I'm attracted to him but when men pump & dump, isn't it supposed to be a clean break? I never thought I would see or hear from him again. After I ran into him at the first event, I definitely did not think I would see him at the second one.

If you ply me with a couple of one night stands, avoid my phone calls/texts, and stand me up, why would you be anywhere I might be? Ok, say you want to go to this event despite my presence, why would you approach me after the way you behaved and my reaction to you? Mind you this is on top of him talking trash about how those singles events were beneath him.

I'd like to indulge that he was there for me. I did notice him looking at me from across the room a few times and I never caught him talking to other women. However, if that were the case, he has my number and knows where I live. He didn't reach out. Also, he left me over a year ago and we’ve been going to these singles events since September. When is he going to step up if it’s about me? That’s why I think it’s just coincidence and he’s just a douche.

The other thing is that this man is empirically & classically good looking. He has good manners, a good personality (when he’s not being a chicken), and a steady job. Of course he has drawbacks of being on the short side (5’7” or 5’8”), still lives at home and has flashes temper and/or potty mouth but nobody’s perfect. If he’s serious about making the ultimate commitment, how come year and half later he’s still trolling single events?

The first singles event was in September, the next one was in November, and the third was 2 weeks ago in March. That's 4 months between the second and third event. When I went to the third event, I knew there was a chance that I'd see him. I wanted to see him. I wanted to talk to him. If he hadn't hooked up and came to the event still showing an interest in me, I decided to hear him out. I swear if it could work, I'd jump at the opportunity. Unfortunately, my past relationships taught me rinsing and repeating is just that.

The way things work out between us (they really don't because I'm more confused than ever), I just don't understand. How come in all the time that has passed he hasn't figured out what to say? Why doesn't he say anything? Why does he keep coming toward me and then just stop? I'm not going to those events anymore. I've had enough. He's probably just looking for an easy lay. What do you think of this damn saga? Comments? Advice?
From your story, the way I see it, he has lied to you, used you, hung up the phone on you....I wouldn't give the screwed up loser the time of day if I were you. You are only inviting misery and heartache if you do. What boggles my mind is how you would even consider it remotely, after all this....

Old 04-08-2013, 09:47 AM

I guess I'm just crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships