Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 10:05 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
I have one simple piece of advice for women that have men looking at them. If you are interested, KEEP looking back at him for at least a second or two each time. A little smirk or small smile doesn't hurt either. By you taking an active approach to looking at him also, you at least tell him that there is some interest on your part. If he doesn't get it then to approach you, send you a drink, find a way to make it to your area in a restaurant or bar, forget it. If he's looking away when you are looking, keep looking until you meet his eyes with his next look. Simple but effective. Outgoing women who are confident do this pretty well. Shy women need to learn this.
Seems like it'd be more simple for a woman to get up and go talk to the guy if she's interested instead of engaging is this sort of staring contest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 10:17 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
With that kind of thinking, life just isn't worth living. It's better to try than to lay down and give up.
May they figure they rather do something they enjoy doing than getting rejected.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:34 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,760,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Seems like it'd be more simple for a woman to get up and go talk to the guy if she's interested instead of engaging is this sort of staring contest.
Agreed but I have not had that happen often at all. Women seem to want you to do that which is not a big problem if you get cues she is OK with that.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:39 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Why don't men just do it?I'm tired of asking them out.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:41 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Why don't men just do it?I'm tired of asking them out.
Lol.

Welcome to how men feel, all the time. Nice isn't it?

Old 04-21-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Lol.

Welcome to how men feel, all the time. Nice isn't it?
It seriously sucks. But unfortunely if I wait for them it doesn't happen.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:53 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It seriously sucks. But unfortunely if I wait for them it doesn't happen.
Well, think of it this way, you can go after the ones you want instead of passively hoping the ones you like will come to you. You could also use online dating, women have a decent advantage there. I get a feeling that women aren't used to the numbers game because they never had to play it or just started to, while men have been playing it forever. One of my platonic gfs and I were chatting at this bar and she was complaining about being dumped, and she said it was the first time she had ever been dumped. I looked at her with a poker face for about five seconds before I started cracking up. It wasn't meant to be mean spirited but her sheer incredulity about something that happens to alot of guys on a regular basis and is something we're supposed to soldier on through amused me.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:56 AM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Just because they're staring doesn't mean they find you attractive. Tall redhead with visible tattoos? Men don't stare at me because they're attracted to me, they stare because I'm an anomaly.
You'd be surprised Jet. You shouldn't always have that mindset when a guy checks you out unless you catch him with perverted eyes. Lets see now.

You are tall. You have long legs. You have curves AND you have huge boobs by your own admission. That's a recipe for a lot of guys being in AWE of your stature! I know I would be but I wouldn't be rude about it.

Your red hair and tattoos are just part of your overall look. Don't think that just because you have a certain look that guys look at you as an anomaly because it's not always the case. I'm guessing that some of the looks that go your way aren't always favourable in your eyes? Furthermore, some women of your height don't like certain guys looking at them because they don't fit your level of attraction. Guys who you don't find attractive get branded as pervs if they check you out so it does go both ways.

I think it's too hard for a woman to acknowledge a guy by returning the looks if she's interested and he's attractive. If his face shows pervert or something you don't like, turn the other way and shut him out. Simple as that.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:02 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
I have one simple piece of advice for women that have men looking at them. If you are interested, KEEP looking back at him for at least a second or two each time. A little smirk or small smile doesn't hurt either. By you taking an active approach to looking at him also, you at least tell him that there is some interest on your part. If he doesn't get it then to approach you, send you a drink, find a way to make it to your area in a restaurant or bar, forget it. If he's looking away when you are looking, keep looking until you meet his eyes with his next look. Simple but effective. Outgoing women who are confident do this pretty well. Shy women need to learn this.
Agree with you here to a certain degree. There is the "time" factor of which the woman who's the object of interest may cut it off because the guy took too long to approach. I don't know wha the aesthetics are in terms of minutes and seconds, but sooner or later one of the parties has to approach the other. Tons of guys fail because they stare with dumbfounded looks and don't do anything. Too much is weighed on what should be the next move instead of actually making the next move.

Women can help this situation by not being so old-fashioned. It's OK for the ladies to approach too. Women who get what they want have no inhibitions about being first.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Well, think of it this way, you can go after the ones you want instead of passively hoping the ones you like will come to you. You could also use online dating, women have a decent advantage there. I get a feeling that women aren't used to the numbers game because they never had to play it or just started to, while men have been playing it forever. One of my platonic gfs and I were chatting at this bar and she was complaining about being dumped, and she said it was the first time she had ever been dumped. I looked at her with a poker face for about five seconds before I started cracking up. It wasn't meant to be mean spirited but her sheer incredulity about something that happens to alot of guys on a regular basis and is something we're supposed to soldier on through amused me.
Are you kidding? Ladies get dumped all the time. We won't put out. We got witchy. Too needy. Not needy enough. Just wanted a date then leave it at that. She wants a relationship who wants that? She won't play naked twister.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships