Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 11:49 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
I'm not here to make enemies, but some of you guys have me shaking my head. Now, I am older (43) and married for 19 years, but I always approached women growing up. Hell, me and my friends would bet money on who could get the most numbers at the mall or wherever. We made a game of it. Doing this over time makes it really easy to approach women or anyone for that matter. I later worked in sales and this served me well as I was forced to approach total strangers to try to sell products.

Guys, you will be amazed at the ladies you can pull if you just step to them (with confidence). It can even be false confidence. Just think of some opener to break the ice and chat with her. Talk for 2 to 3 minutes and leave her or get her number if its going well. Give her your phone and tell her to put her number in there. If she rejects you who cares....trust me she will be flattered that you made the attempt. Why do you think women get all dressed up, go to the gym, constantly check themselves to make sure they look good? They want dudes to approach.

Just start talking to everyone..old ladies, old men, kids, doesnt matter...your conversation skills will improve. Women are crazy about confidence and approaching them takes balls that most men don't have...women know this and admire a man who is not afraid to put himself out there.

Don't try 5 pickups with women..get rejected and quit...it has to be a daily thing. you should almost feel like "she is lucky that i am taking my time to talk to her" thats confidence...dont be an *******, but she should feel like that you are equal to or greater than she is as far as social status is concerned. Dont compliment her non stop..an initial compliment is cool...but what really works is playful banter later in the conversation....its tough to give you specifics on what to say..because for it to work...it needs to match your personality...for me I will normally say something like "I can tell you are wanting my number...but my mom don't like girls calling the house....just put yours in my phone and maybe we can hang out some time". Now being almost 30 years old saying my mom dont like phone calls...a lot of times they would think that was hilarious...sometimes not...but it isnt what you say...its how you say it. I'm dead serious when I say it.

I am no casanova by any means, but I always loved the challenge of trying to pick up women. Even as a married man, I still flirt from time to time to see if "Ive still got it". I don't take numbers or pursue, but I do like to still see if I can get a woman to have a conversation with me and hold her attention.

Come on guys...these sexy ass women dont want you to just stare...get your nuts out of the pawn shop and talk to her. I guarantee when other dudes walk by and see you chatting with a sexy woman they will admire you and the woman will feel good about herself regardless if you get the number or not.
No offense, but some guys don't care. I might be 24 but I tried the whole relationship and sex thing for a month. Honestly, I don't see myself approaching a woman for a long time.

Last edited by 49ersfan27; 07-30-2014 at 12:00 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
It seems that some people can't accept that not everyone is super social.
They really don't. I'm not trying to be friends with everyone I see in public.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:27 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
I'm not here to make enemies, but some of you guys have me shaking my head. Now, I am older (43) and married for 19 years, but I always approached women growing up. Hell, me and my friends would bet money on who could get the most numbers at the mall or wherever. We made a game of it. Doing this over time makes it really easy to approach women or anyone for that matter. I later worked in sales and this served me well as I was forced to approach total strangers to try to sell products.

Guys, you will be amazed at the ladies you can pull if you just step to them (with confidence). It can even be false confidence. Just think of some opener to break the ice and chat with her. Talk for 2 to 3 minutes and leave her or get her number if its going well. Give her your phone and tell her to put her number in there. If she rejects you who cares....trust me she will be flattered that you made the attempt. Why do you think women get all dressed up, go to the gym, constantly check themselves to make sure they look good? They want dudes to approach.

Just start talking to everyone..old ladies, old men, kids, doesnt matter...your conversation skills will improve. Women are crazy about confidence and approaching them takes balls that most men don't have...women know this and admire a man who is not afraid to put himself out there.

Don't try 5 pickups with women..get rejected and quit...it has to be a daily thing. you should almost feel like "she is lucky that i am taking my time to talk to her" thats confidence...dont be an *******, but she should feel like that you are equal to or greater than she is as far as social status is concerned. Dont compliment her non stop..an initial compliment is cool...but what really works is playful banter later in the conversation....its tough to give you specifics on what to say..because for it to work...it needs to match your personality...for me I will normally say something like "I can tell you are wanting my number...but my mom don't like girls calling the house....just put yours in my phone and maybe we can hang out some time". Now being almost 30 years old saying my mom dont like phone calls...a lot of times they would think that was hilarious...sometimes not...but it isnt what you say...its how you say it. I'm dead serious when I say it.

I am no casanova by any means, but I always loved the challenge of trying to pick up women. Even as a married man, I still flirt from time to time to see if "Ive still got it". I don't take numbers or pursue, but I do like to still see if I can get a woman to have a conversation with me and hold her attention.

Come on guys...these sexy ass women dont want you to just stare...get your nuts out of the pawn shop and talk to her. I guarantee when other dudes walk by and see you chatting with a sexy woman they will admire you and the woman will feel good about herself regardless if you get the number or not.
bravo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
No offense, but some guys don't care. I might be 24 but I tried the whole relationship and sex thing for a month. Honestly, I don't see myself approaching a woman for a long time.
very true, but then you probably wont be asking for advice either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
It seems that some people can't accept that not everyone is super social.

Quote:
They really don't. I'm not trying to be friends with everyone I see in public.
thats great for those that dont want to socialize, the advice we give isnt for you, its for those that are asking specifically FOR the advice, and as such we give it to them.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
bravo!!

very true, but then you probably wont be asking for advice either.

thats great for those that dont want to socialize, the advice we give isnt for you, its for those that are asking specifically FOR the advice, and as such we give it to them.
I hope I'm not sounding bitter. I'm not. To be honest, I just need a break and focus on myself for a while. I caught my ex sleeping with another guy.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:50 AM

Quote:
I hope I'm not sounding bitter. I'm not. To be honest, I just need a break and focus on myself for a while. I caught my ex sleeping with another guy.
no problem. take the time you need to get yourself and your life in order, and when you are ready, then come out swinging for the fences. i understand getting cheated on, its a tough way to go. but remember this, we can either let our life rule us, or we can choose to rule our life. if you let life rule you, you will get run over all the time by everyone. girls will be in and out of your life on a regular basis, and each time they will take a little more of who you are and crush it under their heels, until one day you wake up at age 60 or so, and wonder where life went.

on the other hand, if you take charge of your life, then you command. you get to the point where, ok your girl cheated on you, fine she can have that loser, as you are going after bigger fish, so to speak. so i know you are down right now, but you need to take your life into your own hands now, and move on with your life.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:32 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
It sounds like that bitter is turning into hate, man.

I've got cheated on consecutively three times: My ex wife and two girlfriends prior. They say third times charm, Lol.

Listen, unfortunate things happens in life, and you might not realize that now, but life really is too short to be in the dumps, even for a minute. Shake it off and move forward.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:40 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You're thinking like a man, not a woman. Meeting people through others feels safer for many women, better than the feeling of "starting fresh". Approaching a woman in the street adds an element of fear and danger for us that doesn't generally cross a man's mind when he's out on the street. IMO, it feels very predatorial when it's literally on the street, as opposed to someone you see every morning in line at the local coffee shop, or someone who frequents the same pub evert open mic night.
Is having a social circle, a big social network essential, imperative for a guy in order to get a girlfriend, meet girls?

Old 07-30-2014, 10:13 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Is having a social circle, a big social network essential, imperative for a guy in order to get a girlfriend, meet girls?
I wouldn't necessarily say that it is imperative but having a good social circle can certainly help big time.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It sounds like that bitter is turning into hate, man.

I've got cheated on consecutively three times: My ex wife and two girlfriends prior. They say third times charm, Lol.

Listen, unfortunate things happens in life, and you might not realize that now, but life really is too short to be in the dumps, even for a minute. Shake it off and move forward.
I don't mean to come off that way. I'm not a hateful person at all. Right now, I just need to focus on myself and forget about dating for awhile.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I don't mean to come off that way. I'm not a hateful person at all. Right now, I just need to focus on myself and forget about dating for awhile.
yep. rid yourself of the negative feelings, figure out why she cheated on you, if that means contacting her and asking, then do it, so you can resolve any issues you have. make yourself stronger, and become the person you want to be.

and then when you are ready to get back out in the dating world, use the draft to get back up front and go for the win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships