Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:59 AM

200 posts, read 328,811 times

Advertisements

When you think of those moments do they primarily relate to relationships like weddings and the birth of a child or otherwise? When I reflect on the lives of those close to me that's mainly what comes to mind if I had to pinpoint when I thought they seemed happiest. Do you agree?...were your happiest moments based on relationships and offsprings or travelling etc? Just gauging what contributes to happiness for most people....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 11:02 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,512,283 times
I suppose if you're older, those would be the moments. I'm 23 and the happiest moments of my life were any time spent with my grandparents and cutting my parents out of my life.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:13 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,202,966 times
After my divorce and onward. I had more money and more freedom. I don't regret the divorce at all. Why is life so grand?!

Old 08-31-2011, 11:19 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,486,675 times
Other than most of my childhood, my happiest times have been in the past 11 years, mostly spending quality, fulfilling time with my wife. Often the quiet times spent with someone you love, without many external stresses, and doing simple things you enjoy - together - are the best times.

Major events can be happy, but they are often stressful, and usually of short duration. I'm not minimizing them, but I prefer the happy experiences that last and last.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:21 AM

296 posts, read 639,116 times
when i left my husband i was really happy for the first time in 16 years. and yeah i went back to him cause im stupid.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:21 AM

36,672 posts, read 30,977,749 times
I think about when I was a kid living with my parents. Life was simple. I had no worries, no responsibilities, no mortgage, no job, no bf, no kids. Endless summer days and camp fires, snowball fights and hot chocolate and curling up next to mom or dad when I was sleepy.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 AM

200 posts, read 328,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashford View Post
when i left my husband i was really happy for the first time in 16 years. and yeah i went back to him cause im stupid.

lol okkk

Old 08-31-2011, 11:54 AM

346 posts, read 508,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupkake View Post
When you think of those moments do they primarily relate to relationships like weddings and the birth of a child or otherwise? When I reflect on the lives of those close to me that's mainly what comes to mind if I had to pinpoint when I thought they seemed happiest. Do you agree?...were your happiest moments based on relationships and offsprings or travelling etc? Just gauging what contributes to happiness for most people....

This is actually a great question and a difficult one for me to answer. I do not think of my wedding or the birth of my children as some of my happiest times....instead it is more like continuing situations/relationships that make me feel the happiest.

To share an especially funny moment with a good friend, where we double-over in laughter and tears come out our eyes....that contributes to a wonderful relationship and a feeling of happiness.

To see my children accomplish goals they set, be especially caring or patient with someone else, or say something quite witty, that contributes to my feeling of happiness....

to know that my husband is my rock, and recall all the countless, wonderful gestures....same thing, contributes to my feeling of happiness...

but there are not just a few isolated moments, they are too fleeting to title as my "happiest times"

Old 08-31-2011, 12:06 PM

31,134 posts, read 22,168,750 times
Happiest times of my life have been the last 10 years and looking into the future the next 10 years will be as good or better. Leaving Societal expectations behind and living life true to myself has been the most rewarding thing in my life!

Old 08-31-2011, 12:13 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,024,798 times
When I think of happy times I automatically think of peaceful times. I remember one time in particular when I was in the backyard with my goldens years ago. There was a cool breeze and a quiet sky. Don't know if I've ever been more content just watching them play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships