Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 10:59 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I have been made a bit of a fool? So, what, why do you think I care? Im not here for validation or to make friends. Im doing great, thanks for caring. I think this thread has run its course, though.
I think you're looking for something and I think you care to a degree. But, who cares about that as well! Chem_guy is on the right track with his last post and I agree that this thread has run its course. Most of them do.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:03 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
People post on message boards for many reasons. Some people really want advice, and others just like being helpful. Others like to argue politics, while others just like being social. Also, some people post because they enjoy antagonizing others, and still others post because they are searching for external validation and they are essentially fishing for jealousy or compliments.

My opinion is that the OP is putting this kind of stuff on the forum for several of these reasons, the principal of which is to antagonize certain females. Possibly secondarily he is looking to brag a bit (seeking validation).

I don't know if this is what others are thinking, but I guess their conclusions are, possibly subconsciously, driven by the premise that someone whose online interactions are driven by misogyny and insecurity will not treat his girlfriend very well.
I couldn't rep you again

You have succinctly articulated EXACTLY how it is.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,693,943 times
Quote:
If you are a guy who believes that money or looks are the deciding factors in you approaching women and your success level, watch this 5'9" redheaded nerdy guy in action. Pay attention towards the end of the video where he pulls a hottie out of a cab and talks about money and looks. Its all about your game, fellas.

Tyler Infield Compilation - YouTube
A "cold approach" is not an art nor is there any reason to highlight it. Men have successfully approached women they find attractive since the beginning of time, without needing to dissect their actions online and without a support group. It is a normal, natural thing to do. Elevating it to an "art" is just plain weird and makes me think you probably have low self-esteem due to a lack of money and looks, and as a result you have elevated the guy in this link because you relate to him. Get over it, and go out and talk to women you like.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:31 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
A "cold approach" is not an art nor is there any reason to highlight it. Men have successfully approached women they find attractive since the beginning of time, without needing to dissect their actions online and without a support group. It is a normal, natural thing to do. Elevating it to an "art" is just plain weird and makes me think you probably have low self-esteem due to a lack of money and looks, and as a result you have elevated the guy in this link because you relate to him. Get over it, and go out and talk to women you like.
Reaching a bit with your ASSumptions, arent you? lol Give it a rest.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:44 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,693,943 times
Quote:
Are you saying I am wrong, that men haven't been cold approaching women since the beginning of time? Instead of throwing a temper tantrum, learn to engage by stating your case. Otherwise, don't start a thread.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,397,311 times
Quote:
LOL... That is funny coming from someone whose name sounds like ASS-Sense....

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Old 04-11-2013, 11:48 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,342,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
LOL... That is funny coming from someone whose name sounds like AS-Sense....
As sense? I don't get it.

If you had said it sounded like "ass scents" that would have been funny.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:49 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,901,396 times
Quote:
The sad thing is, there was nothing artful in the video he posted. The guy wasn't remotely charming in any way. He's the guy you might notice for a second just because he is so loud and oddly behaved, then you hurry past without making eye contact, praying he won't attempt to talk to you.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,616,844 times
Quote:
Are you saying I am wrong, that men haven't been cold approaching women since the beginning of time? Instead of throwing a temper tantrum, learn to engage by stating your case. Otherwise, don't start a thread.
Men have been cold approaching women since beginning of time, but male/female dynamics have changed substantialy in the last 50 or so years. Not to mention, most still advise guys not to cold approach, but instead stick to freinds of freinds and their small social networks. Many CDR posters feel that cold approaching is creepy, which I think is insane in itself.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:53 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,397,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
As sense? I don't get it.

If you had said it sounded like "ass scents" that would have been funny.
Ok, I fixed it to ASS-Sense (def. - the sense of an ass).... Ass scents is good too. You should know that I am often in my own little world with my humor...

Ass Sense:

I'll Make Your Ass Sense - YouTube

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Talk:ass

"Ass" meaning "stupid person" is not a shortening of "*******"; it's by analogy to the stubborn and learning-resistant donkey or mule. For instance, British speakers use "ass" in the sense of "stupid person" despite using "arse" (and "arsehole") for the anally-related meanings."

In conclusion, I feel "Ass-sense" is a perfect moniker for this thread.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 04-11-2013 at 12:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships