Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 03:24 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,973,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wonder why things between men and women have to be so antagonist?? It seems like nothing is organic anymore... always hidden agendas and motives...

IDK.... sad, really...

In my opinion, it is not generally antagonistic. Most people are just plain 'ol normal people, but there does seem to subsets in both genders where there are "agendas".
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-09-2013, 03:25 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,683,087 times
Romance lost.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:34 PM

52,350 posts, read 52,815,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
In my opinion, it is not generally antagonistic. Most people are just plain 'ol normal people, but there does seem to subsets in both genders where there are "agendas".
Yeah, maybe you're right.. I think most people are probably normal... just reading the relationships forum for a few yrs has actually done nothing for me spiritually....... quite the opposite, actually.... I sometimes wonder why I hang around this cesspool as much as I do....

Old 04-09-2013, 03:43 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,900,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
No, it is not a staged video. Do you think it comes off creepy to the girls he is pulling? Because their actions surely dont show it.
Of course it is staged. Even if a portion of it isn't staged, he isn't showing the rejections. Women who don't like that sort of forwardness or simply aren't interested in a guy like that aren't going to change because of some technique an internet huckster is selling.

Really this is no different than someone selling a bogus weight loss scam or trying to get you involved in some sort of MLM arrangement. They aren't going to tell you about the failures, otherwise you won't buy the product.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:54 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,022,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Don't you understand that we're all in denial about how genius the video douche is? Good thing Ascension is here to mansplain it to us.
It's not in Morgan Freeman's voice. I will not listen to his mansplanation.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,202,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, maybe you're right.. I think most people are probably normal... just reading the relationships forum for a few yrs has actually done nothing for me spiritually....... quite the opposite, actually.... I sometimes wonder why I hang around this cesspool as much as I do....
Well, all I know is that most of the people I associate with in real life are normal - or at least they are crazy in a good way!

Old 04-09-2013, 04:06 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,772,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Don't you understand that we're all in denial about how genius the video douche is? Good thing Ascension is here to mansplain it to us.
oh dear . that's the most annoying word..

Old 04-09-2013, 04:41 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,354,473 times
I watched the video. I would describe his approach as a combination of pretending like you've known the person for years and pretending like you are rolling on ecstasy. He also acts (ADHD) childlike, which I think is key in getting the women to feel sorry for him and perceive him as harmless despite his invasions and intrusions.

Some of the women gave body language cues that they were uncomfortable, annoyed, or afraid even while embracing him. For example some of them were leaning their heads away from him while he was holding onto them. Other women were giving body language cues that they were open to his approach, but if you listen you can hear in their voice that they are wary and going into survival mode. I think the video is more useful in examining women's helplessness than the man's prowess.

He yelled sl*t dog in one woman's face, and yelled HEY repeatedly in an aggressive tone at the top of his lungs at another woman. Both of these girls spoke a language other than English as their first language. I don't want to say too much about the girls he targets (because I don't feel the need to insult anybody), but there are definitely some patterns and he has a few "types" that he has learned to recognize as easy victims.

Overall I think the video shows that it is easy to get a hug in public. But thousands of youtube videos have already proven this.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:49 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,354,473 times
This has got me thinking about rape. I believe that some women sometimes have sex with a man like the one in the video because they think if they don't he'll rape them anyway. So they kind of give up and "consent" to avoid a potentially worse situation. And then they wake up the next day hating themselves and feeling ashamed.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:51 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,750,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Some of the women gave body language cues that they were uncomfortable, annoyed, or afraid even while embracing him. For example some of them were leaning their heads away from him while he was holding onto them. Other women were giving body language cues that they were open to his approach, but if you listen you can hear in their voice that they are wary and going into survival mode. I think the video is more useful in examining women's helplessness than the man's prowess.

He yelled sl*t dog in one woman's face, and yelled HEY repeatedly in an aggressive tone at the top of his lungs at another woman. Both of these girls spoke a language other than English as their first language. I don't want to say too much about the girls he targets (because I don't feel the need to insult anybody), but there are definitely some patterns and he has a few "types" that he has learned to recognize as easy victims.
Thank you for pointing this out. I made myself watch a bit more of the video (still can't bring myself to watch the full thing, it's just too... painful, like watching a child really screw something up), and was trying to put my finger on why his M.O. bothers me so much.

I also noticed he was doing the "FOCUS! FOCUS!" thing with one young woman, which struck me as interesting because I remember a post on this forum mentioning doing that, once.

I think it's important to note that most women are always on some degree of alertness/survival mode. When a goofy, possibly drunk or high guy approaches you, grabs your hand and demands a hug/kiss, it's a valid survival tactic to acquiesce if you think you can escape after a quick hug/getting felt up, more safely than you can if you shout "NO! LEAVE ME ALONE!", or snatch your arm back and try to escape with dignity intact.

Sometimes you have to make the choice that makes you uncomfortable for the moment, but that you feel gives you the best chance of escaping without escalation. It's like when you're approached by an unfamiliar dog... and you think "maybe if I hold really still, he'll just sniff me and then go away."

This is complicated by the fact that girls are taught it's rude to ignore strangers who try to talk to them in public, especially when the strangers want to comment on our physical appearance. And we live in a culture where it's okay for complete strangers to demand that we (women) should smile on demand. Sometimes, it truly is easiest to just humor the weirdo, and then escape . . . and tell your girlfriends about the creep later, over a martini.

And, for the record, I freakin' hate that we have to live like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.