Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 08:23 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I wish lolIG4U, and hope I have a husband by then. Maybe to the cd posts. Lol.

I have friends and family whom met their husbands from online.
"Miracles happen every day." - Hmmmmmmmmm......., I think that I read that someplace?

However you won't need "a miracle" as like I said you'll be "marry-ed" as by having a human male hubby (not CD as a hubby lol!) by then imo.

Lets at least think positively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 10:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Potentially. Who wants to live their final days alone? Be a pretty lonely existence as you begin to exit this world.

Call this my own little gross generalization, but I think men fear dying alone far more than women do, especially among middle-aged singles. Maybe it's because men have a lower threshhold for physical pain than women, and because they rely more on women than on other men for close emotional bonding. Women also tend to have a broader and stronger network of friends and relatives for companionship, and therefore feel less alone when single in their older years.

Check out this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...0s-dating.html

It will tell you a lot. Most single women I know who are in their mid-40s or older and do not already live with a man are fine with not cohabitating or marrying again, myself included. Indeed, many of them do not want a committed relationship either, especially if they are divorced and finished raising their kids. I've been with my man for six years, but if we were to split up, I would be very slow to consider another committed relationship. As it is, we have no plans to live together. Same zip code is enough for us.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:04 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
I have to agree about that because when I did online dating I met far more desperate men than I thought I would. There were a few that told me they loved me at a first meet up and several who were desperate to marry.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:22 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
I think its just Nyc.
There are 8 milloin people in the city,so she is bound to have dates.

I'm only 31,so yeah I hope things get better as tome goes on.
I do get more looks from men now than I'm my teens and 20's,so perhaps the late teens and early 20's are the best time for some people and not others.

I guess everyone has their time to shine....

Old 04-15-2013, 03:56 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
It only gets better...up to a point, and then the younger girls get interested. This is the road to hell. Stay on the original road and it will continue to get better, up to a point. And then dementia sets in. Enjoy it while you can.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:49 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
If I find someone with whom I am compatible, I will. If not, I won't.
Don't be to fussy. Find someone with one major characteristic that really counts. Someone that is reasonable. "I will if not , I won't" - well you have that part right- it is better to live and die alone than live with someone that is not right. The only reason I suggested settling in was because of my own experience. I have not lived with my wife for about 7 years. We took on separate addresses because of an economic problem. We were never "compatible" but we had four kids and we believed in family so we stuck it out and raised them.

Here is what I found- there is a cut off age when it comes to finding someone new. I wasted a lot of time having a relationship with my semi-estranged spouse. We continued as a couple even though we were separated. Being in my early 50s at the time - I was still viable material in the dating game. Once I passed the 60 mark...I would safely say - no on wants a man with an expiry date on their forehead. So take advantage of the last bit of your youth is all I am saying.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,168,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
I'm in my 20's, and by the time I reach my 40's I hope I'm not having "the time of my life dating".

The 40's seem like a time you should have found the one you love, settle down, and have kids. You can't keep up the dating scene forever.
Well, THIS ^^^ is a little judgmental. I can tell you're still in your 20s, because that is a very naive thing to say. There are many reasons why someone would be dating in their 40s -- divorced, widowed, just never found "The One," whatever. It is not the end of the world to be unmarried (or, god forbid, even childless ) in your 40s. Some people are quite content and simply enjoy dating, especially those who have already done the marriage & kid thing.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:05 AM

371 posts, read 894,794 times
Maybe it's fun for women, but I'm a man in my forties and for me it's a grind. Maybe I've just become jaded.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 AM

297 posts, read 502,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Its funny, when I went back to the dating scene when I was 38 I had a horrible time of it. Now I am 43, and am having an amazingly fun time. OK, no ltrs really, but I am not so sure that is what I really want. I know conventional wisdom dictates that dating should be a nightmare over 40, but it really hasn't been at all.

So keep that in mind ladies in your mid to late 30s!
This is interesting. Do you think it's mainly do to your outlook on dating or the pool of men has changed? Seems like it wouldn't change that much from 38 to 43.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:02 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,475,163 times
I returned to dating in my 40's, and found it to be far easier and much more fun than dating in my 20's. I met some really wonderful women and had many great experiences. The women I dated were in their mid-30's through mid-40's, and most had a good attitude, were comfortable with themselves, and had their priorities straight and their lives in some kind of order.

I have friends in their 50's and 60's now who are enjoying dating, but it seems that things get far more difficult as you approach or surpass 60, for both men and women. I would not want to return to the dating world now - but that's unlikely anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships