Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 08:51 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times

Advertisements

If all your threads are about the same girl, you should each go your own way already.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 08:55 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,762,728 times
Default Heres the deal!

O.P what you need to do is set boundaries and stick to them ok. If you got a girl who takes you for grantted? First you need to say:

1) That behavior/atitude is not ok! (Be clear and specific on what behaviors.
2) Be honest and make it personal on how it makes you feel when she does these behaviors!
3) Tell her why its not ok! ( like your a great guy worthy of respect etc)
4) Let her know what will happen if it continues! (if u cont this behavior i will have no choice but to(fill in the blanks)
5) Stick to your guns! but be reasonable.( some ppl are just unaware of how there actions effect other ppl and when they do they stop)
6) Be calm but firm, with an even level voice
7) Make it clear that she has a choice.
8) Ask her how she feels about it? (if she sees that she has hurt you and is wrong, then you have a good woman who cares about you, if she is telling you how your feelings etc are wrong or how what your asking is unreasonable then repeat steps 3 on. and if that dosnt work? then you have your answer)

Old 04-14-2013, 09:35 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,068,951 times
1. just say ok. , take her home.
2. you've got this figured out.
3. tell her she is being rude, if she doesn't stop, leave the situation.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:41 AM

550 posts, read 985,236 times
How old is your gf? She sounds really immature. Does she just fly off the handle for no reason. If she does this, ignore her, walk away, hang up the phone, break up.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:48 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,271,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You be a grown ass man and stand your damn ground.

If she's being disrespectful, you let her know damn well that it's not going to be tolerated.
^^^^^ I agree

I'm very soft hearted and don't really like confrontation with a SO which has lead to me being walked all over. No matter what they've done I try to talk it out and sort the problem which never worked we'll for me. I've learned now that I need to be a bit tougher although I still have problems being mean or hurting anyone......"catch 22" I don't want treated like **** but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I suppose it's about finding a healthy balance.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,999,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
How old is your gf? She sounds really immature. Does she just fly off the handle for no reason. If she does this, ignore her, walk away, hang up the phone, break up.
I don't think this girl is has extreme as he keeps making her seem. A lot of his remarks are stemming from this need to control and have power but she can't provide that to him because its all in himself and his self esteem issues. He's projecting all this onto her and not accepting any responsibility beyond believing that he's "too attached".

She may or may not be immature, but he's here writing all this and I can honestly say he's just really insecure.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If all your threads are about the same girl, you should each go your own way already.
And the saddest part is that he won't because he doesn't think he can do better or find anyone with "values" and "morals" like her.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 AM

11,809 posts, read 12,049,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John12341234 View Post
I have a problem with being too nice and forgiving to the point that I lose the respect of my SO when she behaves in a way she knows she shouldn't. To other people though who do the same thing, I'm a real dick. I don't know how to be in between..

For each of the specific situations listed, what is the correct way to react so that you aren't disrespected, yet you aren't a dick either?

1. Gf gets mad and tries to shame me by demanding, "Take me home!" or pitches a fit in another way by getting mad, and refusing to talk. My reaction is to keep talking to her to try to fix her mood. I guess that's dumb and makes me look needy or whatever..

2. Gf has a habit of basically unintentionally ignoring large chunks of what I'm saying on the phone because she's trying to do other ***** that distracts her or, randomly starts a conversation with a family member. For this one I guess the best reaction is "I'll talk to you later when you're not busy."

3. She'll say something disrespectful or rude (possibly unintentionally bc English is her 2nd language but possibly not).

As to #1, I did this once in my life and it was because my BF at the time provoked me so badly, that I just wanted to escape the vehicle and get away from him.

So my question to you is when your GF gets mad, what set her off? Did you do something?

Old 04-15-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
As to #1, I did this once in my life and it was because my BF at the time provoked me so badly, that I just wanted to escape the vehicle and get away from him.

So my question to you is when your GF gets mad, what set her off? Did you do something?
That's how I feel. She's not trying to "shame" him IMO, she's just ticked the heck off.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:35 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,370,546 times
Default Simple reaction...

"Seeyalaterbye!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships