Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 09:19 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
Wimpy guys will always get disrespected. First off, avoid said women but if you must follow the below.

1. Don't take her home. Leave her and let her find her own ride

2. Say B...h, Did you hear what I just said? I'm not talking for my health. A more subtle route would to just hang up.

3. Find another language that has an insulting word or just call her b....h. I prefer the latter.

The crazy thing is these types of women generally respond in a more positive manner when they know you are not going to be wimpy. I would just avoid these types of women.
This is advice that I would revise.
Of course take her home, unceremoniously. What will happen is she will continue to try to engage you in an ongoing argument. Don't let her, get out open her door....and tell her bye.

You don't call someone names, if you love them, that is abusive. She is abusing you. Decide that you deserve better and either tell her to knock it off and show you the respect you deserve, or you are over it. And mean it.

Again, do not call her names. You as an adult have full communication abilities....The fact that she demeans you and disrespects you is very telling.

The fact is, you have to teach people how to treat you. What you accept you teach. Stop accepting what to me is unacceptable behaviors.

If you don't, it will only get worse, and eventually when you've had enough you'll leave. Why wait and be miserable in the interim. Take care of you, love yourself enough to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 09:27 AM

683 posts, read 853,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
This is advice that I would revise.
Of course take her home, unceremoniously. What will happen is she will continue to try to engage you in an ongoing argument. Don't let her, get out open her door....and tell her bye.

You don't call someone names, if you love them, that is abusive. She is abusing you. Decide that you deserve better and either tell her to knock it off and show you the respect you deserve, or you are over it. And mean it.

Again, do not call her names. You as an adult have full communication abilities....The fact that she demeans you and disrespects you is very telling.

The fact is, you have to teach people how to treat you. What you accept you teach. Stop accepting what to me is unacceptable behaviors.

If you don't, it will only get worse, and eventually when you've had enough you'll leave. Why wait and be miserable in the interim. Take care of you, love yourself enough to do that.
Your advice sucks. The key is to dump a drama chick immediately! Some men like those types of women though unfortunately. So the I advice I gave is correct.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:01 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,634 times
If she is not a bipolar, and she is just plain rude, take her apart and tell her how you feel.

If she doesn't change you don't need that crap, so move on...there is nothing more to it.

Remember "nobody's fool".

Old 08-09-2014, 11:44 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
When you get a few more life experiences you realize it is foolish on your part to put up with all the drama. Once you start doing that, it will go on forever. If I were in your situation I would back away from this relationship slowly and look for someone who isn't so immature and demanding, when I found someone, or maybe even before i found someone else, I'd just tell her you are too busy to spend more time with her. If you give her a good letting alone, she may grow up, but I doubt that she will.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:35 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John12341234 View Post
I have a problem with being too nice and forgiving to the point that I lose the respect of my SO when she behaves in a way she knows she shouldn't. To other people though who do the same thing, I'm a real dick. I don't know how to be in between..

For each of the specific situations listed, what is the correct way to react so that you aren't disrespected, yet you aren't a dick either?

1. Gf gets mad and tries to shame me by demanding, "Take me home!" or pitches a fit in another way by getting mad, and refusing to talk. My reaction is to keep talking to her to try to fix her mood. I guess that's dumb and makes me look needy or whatever..

2. Gf has a habit of basically unintentionally ignoring large chunks of what I'm saying on the phone because she's trying to do other ***** that distracts her or, randomly starts a conversation with a family member. For this one I guess the best reaction is "I'll talk to you later when you're not busy."

3. She'll say something disrespectful or rude (possibly unintentionally bc English is her 2nd language but possibly not).
How hard is it to say, "I'm sorry, I'm a nice guy but I refuse to be treated that way. I'm taking you home"?

Old 08-11-2014, 12:58 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,300 times
slap the **** out of her or backhand her. (not literally, but give her a dose of her own medicine)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships