Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 02:30 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Eggplants are a part of delicious lasagna, trust me.
Nothing beats beef and sausage. You might enjoy egg plant, which is fine, but I'd never choose some eggplant lasagna over a meaty lasagna.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:46 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Nothing beats beef and sausage. You might enjoy egg plant, which is fine, but I'd never choose some eggplant lasagna over a meaty lasagna.
Eggplants are mixed in with the tomato sauce.
My other ingredients are essentially Russian cutlets. They involve mixing ground beef, chicken thighs, and bacon.

Use a meat grinder to make your own preferred mix of the meats.

Oh and leave out the mozzarella cheese and replace basil with dill weed.

...And instead of the regular button mushrooms, you have to go search the forest for Chanterelle mushrooms.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:03 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
do you email all these woman that say they "like long walks on the beach" and correct them? i'm sure that's a good approach....

this is like seeing "physically fit" on a womans profile, and then saying "you cant say that unless you can bench 250lbs-stop being misleading"

or....we cant go see "one" movie, because when "I" go to the movies, I see four in a row" good luck with that

one of my fav. first dates was with a woman, a self-proclaimed "scrabble expert" so we set up a date and played scrabble- she went on and on how she goes to scrabble competitions and such, and not to feel bad when I lose- well, she lost 3 games in a row, the first night- and the next 10 games, she couldnt believe it
(it's best to be understated) all i said was "i like to play"

no one likes a show off, or a braggert

Old 04-20-2013, 05:14 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,783,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I usually don't like walking more than three feet at a time but if you place lasagna at a strategic distance I will walk across continents to get to it.
Garfield? Is that you?

Old 04-20-2013, 06:01 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
And it's another humble brag by the OP.

The point of a date is to get to know each other, not get some amazing workout. Find someone who likes endurance events and then later on you two can do some hardcore workout together.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:21 AM

580 posts, read 965,226 times
I'm a guy first of all but I like long walks on the beach...or anywhere for that matter. When I was living there Main Street in Cedar City was around seven miles long. I walked every mile of it and back. I would have given anything for someone to walk with me. Unfortunately, I only had work friends and school friends.

There is the other type of long walk I think people are referring to. It's not distance they are talking about. They mean the slow meandering two or three hour long romantic dates in the sunset while waves lap against their feet as the lovers whisper sweet nothings in each other's ears. Then, at the right moment, when the sun is perfectly settled against the ocean and the cool breezes pick up to waft through each other's hair, they stop, hold each other tight, look longingly into each other's eyes and lean in for the kiss.

I only hope that someday someone comes along and wants to do this type of walk. Still, it doesn't have to be along a beach. It could be down Las Vegas Boulevard or any number of other boulevards for all I care. Just as long as that person is someone special.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:22 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
OP, I think you're totally missing the point. It's NOT about the walk, it's about the romance of the beach, and for most people a mile will be (more than) long enough.

I like "long" walks of the beach (a mile or two). I live very near great beaches, and yet I'll only do this a dozen times a year or so, with my SO. Then we want to get home and boink!

Old 04-20-2013, 07:24 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
i can walk 40-50 blocks a day (according to nyc geography) i think i can do it.
Oh you go girl!!! Wow.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:26 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Eggplants are a part of delicious lasagna, trust me.
Sounds awesome to me!!

Old 04-20-2013, 07:33 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
I would like a long walk on the beach as I'm so use to the cold a few hours walking in the warm sand would be welcomed as long as whoever i was with Wouldnt mind going for a swim along the way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships