Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 10:52 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Ever since I was a kid I knew I was different from others. My legs are built so that they can walk without getting tired for some reason. It doesn't matter who I walk with, women or family, all have complained they were tired when I was enjoying spending time with them and wanted to walk even further rather than turn around and go home.

...I can ride 100 miles on a bike in one day and be able to keep going the next day without a problem. I can walk on the sand in the beach all day and still be actually enjoy the walk at the end of it.

The few women I went on a date with on South Beach wanted to turn around and go back after two hours of walking or take a rest.

Two hours in the sand isn't a "long" a walk. It's barely maybe 8 or 9 miles.

I recently suggested a date that involves biking 30 miles (on a trail, not a road) to a beach spot, and the girl though that it was a bit far.

There is one thing I want to be able to find in a partner and that is someone who enjoys an all day physical activity... Yet I haven't found any woman that really wants to do that...
Two hours in the sand wouldn't bother me, but I do consider it "long." I think it depends on someone's definition of long. But remember this, two hours in one direction means two hours back, which means four hours total. That's half of a day-hike, and let's be honest here: You're talking to an audience comprised mostly of Americans, many of whom are out of shape, drive everywhere, and get no real physical activity.

I understand your frustration, though. I used to get really annoyed when people would say they love spending a day at a gallery or museum, and then would have to stop and rest every 10 minutes. Same goes for cycling. Back when I was a pretty active cyclist, some friends and I took a trip to bike around the Gettysburg battlefield. I knew just by looking at one of their girlfriends that she wasn't going to make it, and sure enough, about a third of the way through, we had to keep stopping for her, even though we were already making small stops to take pictures. Eventually her boyfriend, who looked really ticked off, told us to go ahead and they'd meet us at the restaurant when we were done. Apparently he had told her several times that it was a long route and asked her if she, who didn't really bike that often, would have been able to handle it, and she insisted.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:52 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
Don't step on a jellyfish!
Nah I look down when I walk.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:11 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

I understand your frustration, though. I used to get really annoyed when people would say they love spending a day at a gallery or museum, and then would have to stop and rest every 10 minutes. Same goes for cycling. Back when I was a pretty active cyclist, some friends and I took a trip to bike around the Gettysburg battlefield. I knew just by looking at one of their girlfriends that she wasn't going to make it, and sure enough, about a third of the way through, we had to keep stopping for her, even though we were already making small stops to take pictures. Eventually her boyfriend, who looked really ticked off, told us to go ahead and they'd meet us at the restaurant when we were done. Apparently he had told her several times that it was a long route and asked her if she, who didn't really bike that often, would have been able to handle it, and she insisted.
I feel like this about skiing. I swear, every friend who insists they are a really great skier, usually is not. I always want to set expectations about ski abilities/endurance levels in the group before trips. But, for some reason, there is always someone who claims they are an expert and can keep up, but they cannot. They join us on a trip and show up with the latest, most expensive boutique gear so they can ski one easy run and then have to go back to the lodge for a rest and a drink. Of course, no one in the group wants to ditch the novice, so everyone goes back for a drink - but I guess that's fun too. But I can get annoyed by it also. I am out to ski all day, not take constant breaks.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:06 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
When a girl says she likes long walks on the beach..... she means something romantic, probably more of a stroll, than a walk, getting toes wet, deep meaningful conversation, and making out.....

NOT, an endurance challenge.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-20-2013, 01:09 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
I can't help it. Whenever I see this guy post now, I think of Forrest Gump.

"And I just kept runnin' and runnin' and runnin'."

Old 04-20-2013, 01:25 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
When a girl says she likes long walks on the beach..... she means something romantic, probably more of a stroll, than a walk, getting toes wet, deep meaningful conversation, and making out.....

NOT, an endurance challenge.
Exactly. If you're suggesting a "long walk on the beach", OP, you need to translate that for your date, so that she understands what that means in HurricaneKid-speak, not in romance-speak. If you tell her it means 4 hours of walking, you may have to modify your plans after the shock on her face wears off, if you really want to date her.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:47 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Exactly. If you're suggesting a "long walk on the beach", OP, you need to translate that for your date, so that she understands what that means in HurricaneKid-speak, not in romance-speak. If you tell her it means 4 hours of walking, you may have to modify your plans after the shock on her face wears off, if you really want to date her.
I think Hurricane needs to find an Olympian to date otherwise he's not going to be happy, lol.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:52 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Cosign lol

Old 04-20-2013, 02:37 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I think Hurricane needs to find an Olympian to date otherwise he's not going to be happy, lol.
It's pretty damn sad that people equate walking for a few hours to participating in the Olympics

Old 04-20-2013, 02:46 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
It's pretty damn sad that people equate walking for a few hours to participating in the Olympics
I was thinking the same thing. Is it really that unusual to spend 4 hours walking on a date, with cool stops along the way? And if it's not the beach, what about going golfing or hiking or walking around museums/historic sites? These are my favorite dates - the ones where you walk a lot. Maybe I'm unusual though - I've been told that. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships