Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:14 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times

Advertisements

Came across a post that's a wall of text.

Link

As a summary:

Women want to show off their guys, except for a few exceptions. The exceptions are psychos, women who want to sculpt their man, and women that are worth marrying.

Women are out for status and fun or for security, depending upon their age.

Women want a man who takes care of himself and doesn't whine

It's better to look for someone that doesn't cause problems in a relationship, rather than trying to work it through them (while dating).

Women do not want to hear about your problems and probably don't understand them

It will be a long time before a couple truly "clicks" with each other.

You need to find a meaning of life alone, a woman will not give your life meaning

A woman will always want something to be better.

...Anyways is this good advice?

EDIT: Apparently the man who wrote the article plagiarized it. Hmmm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Some. And some doesn't pertain to all women.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
A few true things, a few utterly ridiculous things. It's sort of like some genuine nuggets mixed in with some gender bashing.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:26 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
I dont see much of any advice, in what you cited. I dont think most of this summary is accurate or helpful to anyone. If you want some real advice, here it is:

1. Realize that money,height, looks or what car you drive are not important factors in attracting women
2. Realize that in order to attract womnen, you must assume a certain frame of mind
3. Dont just be yourself, be your BEST self
4. Live an exciting life filled with passions, hobbies and interest: for yourself
5. Accept yourself unconditionaly, be content with where you are in life, set goals for the future
6. Have a core set of values and morals
7. Take action, approach women, use rejection as a learning tool
8. Only care about what you think of yourself, ignore what others think of you
9. Derive your self esteem and self confidence from within
10. Make sure you have a spine and a set of balls

Old 04-24-2013, 07:39 PM

1,557 posts, read 3,307,192 times
Depends on the woman and from what part of the world she hails from. Cultural values differ with women not from the west. Explore your world.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post

Link

As a summary:

Women want to show off their guys, except for a few exceptions. The exceptions are psychos, women who want to sculpt their man, and women that are worth marrying.

It's better to look for someone that doesn't cause problems in a relationship, rather than trying to work it through them (while dating).

Women do not want to hear about your problems and probably don't understand them

You need to find a meaning of life alone, a woman will not give your life meaning

This is drivel.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 PM

10 posts, read 11,666 times
I really don't know why he had to plagiarize it, it doesnt seem like the best 'advice' in my opinion.

My major changes/addition to what he said:

I don't think women will always want something better. It's human nature someone will always want better but in relationships, if someone is in love then they dont want better because they think they already have the BEST.

I think a couple should "click" fairly soon. If you don't have chemistry or basic understanding/interests then you're building a relationship rather than finding someone you naturally click with it. I'd rather go for a natural connection then waiting and waiting and constantly having to fix and alter someone or yourself just so you can be together.

Women *DO* want to hear your problems...especially if they care about you. No, we probably don't understand them...but all we do is talk anyway lol Keep in mind though...there is a difference between weak whining/whimpering ("woe is me, why is the world always out to get me") vs actual discussing the problem ("this crap is getting on my nerves/how can i succeed?"). No one likes pity-parties, I don't have them with my own friends... I don't think I'd want to have them with my man very often either.

Depends on the women's values regarding security but most women don't want to live in a box. With that said, some prize loyalty and family over wealth and status while for others, only status and wealth matter. If a man has goals, determination, and the desire/ability to provide for his family then I think that's good enough. My own mother went for a man (my father, her husband until the day she passed away) who never had a well-paying job. He may not be the status and wealth people think women want but because he provided for her emotionally, supported her through her success, and she loved him she decided to marry and have children with him. She had no issues with his lack of status because he provided stability in other ways.

My advice: Judge them all independently, spend time getting to know them, treat them like a lady (even if she's not--you get more with honey then you do with vinegar), respect yourself and her.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:18 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I dont see much of any advice, in what you cited. I dont think most of this summary is accurate or helpful to anyone. If you want some real advice, here it is:

1. Realize that money,height, looks or what car you drive are not important factors in attracting women Accurate, to a degree. Don't forget peacocks evolved nice feathers for a reason. We do need to notice you.

2. Realize that in order to attract womnen, you must assume a certain frame of mind what? Is this like holding your mouth right so you'll catch more fish or wearing special socks to win a baseball game? Pff, vague and leaning towards superstition.

3. Dont just be yourself, be your BEST self. Not bad.

4. Live an exciting life filled with passions, hobbies and interest: for yourself. Good - but if you ever find a woman worth keeping, you'll need to evolve a little. Otherwise, you're preparing to be a happy loner, nothing more.

5. Accept yourself unconditionaly, be content with where you are in life, set goals for the future. What, no room for improvement? What if you're a lazy slob with poor manners?

6. Have a core set of values and morals Excellent.

7. Take action, approach women, use rejection as a learning tool if you spend all of your mental energy focused on approach, etc., there may not be much left in your arsenal for an actual relationship. Maybe revise.

8. Only care about what you think of yourself, ignore what others think of you No man is an island.sounds a trifle pompous and would make poor relationship material.

9. Derive your self esteem and self confidence from within True to a degree.

10. Make sure you have a spine and a set of balls More appealing to men than women. Balls are not aesthetically pleasing, find a better analogy.
Since this poster appears to ONLY be concerned with his own opinion and only be interested in hunting and capturing women, I wonder if he'd make a good life partner.

I hope he'll grow a little in the warmth and empathy dept. He does have a few good notions, though. A relationship involves a lot of give-and-take.

Last edited by ellie; 04-25-2013 at 06:34 AM..

Old 04-25-2013, 05:43 AM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post

Link

As a summary:

The only ones that are remotely true are the statements about wanting a man who takes care of himself and doesn't whine, and the one about not looking to a woman (partner) to give your life its' meaning.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:02 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Since this poster appears to ONLY be concerned with his own opinion and only be interested in hunting and capturing women, I wonder if he'd make a good life partner.

I hope he'll grow a little in the warmth and empathy dept. He does have a few good notions, though. A relationship involves a lot of give-and-take.

Sorry, but just about every single one of your points against him looked like you were going out on a limb just to try to "prove" his advice is bad. Most of the things you took from it weren't even what he was saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships