Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 09:35 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I dont see much of any advice, in what you cited. I dont think most of this summary is accurate or helpful to anyone. If you want some real advice, here it is:

1. Realize that money,height, looks or what car you drive are not important factors in attracting women
2. Realize that in order to attract womnen, you must assume a certain frame of mind
3. Dont just be yourself, be your BEST self
4. Live an exciting life filled with passions, hobbies and interest: for yourself
5. Accept yourself unconditionaly, be content with where you are in life, set goals for the future
6. Have a core set of values and morals
7. Take action, approach women, use rejection as a learning tool
8. Only care about what you think of yourself, ignore what others think of you
9. Derive your self esteem and self confidence from within
10. Make sure you have a spine and a set of balls
This is far better advice, because everyone should be focusing on being their best selves for themselves, not to "get" or impress anyone else. If you focus on being your best self, you will then attract others who are also being their best selves. If you don't have anything to offer yourself, then you really don't have anything to offer another.

That's really what's meant by "water seeks its own level" or "like attracts like". If you're unsuccessful and in a bad place, that's what you will attract. People who have their lives together don't want to be with people who don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 10:18 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Anyways is this good advice?
No, it's not good advice, simply because it generalizes. Whoever wrote it is lazy.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:27 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No, it's not good advice, simply because it generalizes. Whoever wrote it is lazy.
If you read my link people there think this is the wisdom of a thousand year old sage.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
If you read my link people there think this is the wisdom of a thousand year old sage.
I did read the link. I stopped at the discussion of whether "no" really meant "no."

The affirmations over there are coming from a bunch of meatheads/juiceheads. Take it from its source.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:32 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Since this poster appears to ONLY be concerned with his own opinion and only be interested in hunting and capturing women, I wonder if he'd make a good life partner.

I hope he'll grow a little in the warmth and empathy dept. He does have a few good notions, though. A relationship involves a lot of give-and-take.
After experiencing ascension's childish and petulent behavior when i preseneted a differing viewpoint to one of his posts in another thread, i would have to say you are pretty spot-on.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I hope he'll grow a little in the warmth and empathy dept. He does have a few good notions, though. A relationship involves a lot of give-and-take.
Knowing what is required in a relationship and being capable of meeting that requirement are two different things.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Well, you're looking at the relationships section of a bodybuilding forum. These are guys who use words like "bruh" and "swole" unironically, which tells you all you need to know.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Quote:
As a summary:

Women want to show off their guys, except for a few exceptions. The exceptions are psychos, women who want to sculpt their man, and women that are worth marrying.

Huh?

Women are out for status and fun or for security, depending upon their age.

Status? Who cares?

Women want a man who takes care of himself and doesn't whine

Yep!

It's better to look for someone that doesn't cause problems in a relationship, rather than trying to work it through them (while dating).

Depends on the issues. We all have problems. Some ares best worked out with someone.

Women do not want to hear about your problems and probably don't understand them

Bull!! A true companion will be open to listening and trying to help with solutions.

It will be a long time before a couple truly "clicks" with each other.

Also bull. This will vary but for me, things need to click earlier on

You need to find a meaning of life alone, a woman will not give your life meaning

Not a bad idea.

A woman will always want something to be better.

Unsure of this. Right now I have a long list of household projects. Does that count? I am not looking for my hubs to constantly improve, upgrade and change.
Answers in bold. Overall, I think the article is a bunch of fluff.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:25 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:

Since this poster appears to ONLY be concerned with his own opinion and only be interested in hunting and capturing women, I wonder if he'd make a good life partner.

It was simply some advice on how to attract women. Chances are, that just like most women, who have yet to attract or seduce a single female in their lifetime, your view isnt all that important. On the other side of the coin, if a woman is wondering about how to attract or seduce a man, Id likely suggest for her to ask another woman, instead of pretending that I know anything about it. Hope this helps.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:27 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
After experiencing ascension's childish and petulent behavior when i preseneted a differing viewpoint to one of his posts in another thread, i would have to say you are pretty spot-on.
Your view that cold approaching is "rude" and seen as "invading someones personal space" is very mangina like and your white knighting here isnt necessary either. Try not to be too sensitive, women hate that crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships