Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 05:56 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Personally, if I'm dating someone who is always angry at me for whatever reason, I'd stop dating them.

Takes too much energy to always be walking around being angry at something or someone.
For real!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It depends. There are serial cheaters and there are one time cheaters. There are those who are overcome with guilt and there are those that feel no guilt whatsoever.
Yup, this is my take on it too.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:52 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdav View Post
you know how that saying goes.
do you guys believe it? also I would like you guys to share personal experiences.
were you at cheater ? did you get cheated on?
What is your thought .
People don't tend to change very much after they turn 20. So if it was done in high school, then he may never cheat again.

But if it is done later, then I don't think so. To cheat you either must have loose morals, or unable to control yourself. Neither is something that will change by getting caught. If a person cheat, then break off the relationship, because they will keep doing it.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:34 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
It's far easier to define what you don't want in a relationship than what you do want.

But is cheating really the worst thing that can happen in a relationship. Seems like it, based on the number of times it comes up.

For me the worst negative is lack of emotional intimacy.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:36 PM

315 posts, read 564,067 times
I don't think all blanket statements and stereotypes are ever fully true. One of the best drivers I know is Asian

But overall, no I do think people can change. Are there sleezes who don't? You bet. I think it also depends on a situation. If you are flat-out drunk and you cheat, it's different from just cheating completely sober, because things you regret sometimes happen when you're not in your right mind. I am not saying that makes it any better, but I've known people who would NEVER cheat but I've seen them drunk and the way they act truly changes completely. I was cheated on when I was 15 and in a relationship with a 16 year old. I thought he was a complete sleeze. Well, he's been in a steady relationship for 5 years with the same girl now and from what I've heard that has never occurred. I think people do a lot of dumb things as teenagers as well but then again there's a difference between a teen cheating in a 5 month relationship then in a marriage of course.

It's kind of subjective really. But personally, I don't think every person who cheats once will cheat again.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:39 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I don't agree, I think that there are people who may have cheated and truly saw the error of their ways and didn't do it again.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:16 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdav View Post
I'm so sorry. For the continues thread that is beat to death

But in my particular case , I felt a like need to start out with a general question before I can state my original intention for this thread

Just see what you folks have to say about this topic

You will probably be much happier with the responses you get if you describe your specific situation.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:37 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Some people say they will never cheat in their relationship. And they are right. For that would take two people to find them attractive!

Old 04-28-2013, 09:45 PM

324 posts, read 441,200 times
I am a cheater , I've cheated pretty much all the relationships I ever been in , long term short term What ever, some I got caught. Some never knew. I came to a conclusion that I have a problem . Insecurity? Identity issue ? Or I'm just a plain bad person .. I Dont know.

I Do however feel really bad after it and promise my self never to repeat , but I find my self breaking them more then I promise . Why am I doing this ? I really want to stop this nasty habit . It has ruined my relationships physically and mentally. It feels like I can never stay true to one women and have a happy ending .

I feel scared that this habit is gonna mess up my head and lead me into a very sad sad road .

I'm just rambling on sorry. Had a few to drink

Old 04-28-2013, 10:24 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
not the case for all.
former cheater here that has zero interest in doing so again. immaturity had much to do with my experiences. temptation was all around me and i wanted to experience it all regardless of my circumstance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships