Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 11:04 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

There are two qualities I ABSOLUTELY refuse to compromise on. Unfortunately they can contradict each other, and aren't exactly common alone in the first place either, at least for people my age. I bring in all two of these qualities and I expect the same.

It's hard enough to find a slim single woman in this region. While they are in high abundance of where I used to live (Miami), and the cities that I visit sometime (Boston, San Diego, Minneapolis), it's not the case where I live. Where I live, according to the CDC, about 30% of the people in my county are obese. This is not overweight, or chubby, this is OBESE.

...And those who are slim are not very enthusiastic about flavorful eating and they eat stuff like yogurt, salad, oatmeal, and are generally afraid of eating anything fattening. They are afraid of sauces, pastries, non-lean meats, and anything full of fat and sugar.

Except salad dressing, which is an abomination since salad dressing ruins the grassy flavor of the salad. I can't stand salad dressing (except with certain exceptions).

Now I subscribe to the French style of cooking and that obviously conflicts with the plain salad and yogurt types, despite with the French actually being healthier than the average American. Also, I like food from about a dozen other nationalities, but that's not the point.

...If I had my way, I'd live in rural France, where both active (and slim) women are fairly common, all while knowing how to cook delicious food.

...With that said, where would I find the type of woman who can do both? I found one before but she got away (though she wasn't exactly model thin, but she had a good face and nice proportions...)

According to the latest gossip at CD, men should not approach women at grocery stores (so that's out, damn, the grocery store was the one place where I could meet women who at least try to cook (not that there are many single women at grocery stores though =()).

I go to the farmers market occasionally, but it's full of old people and couples, and it's a rather small market, and the two women single women that are regulars at the time I go are a bit beyond my age.

...Maybe I should join a cooking class?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 11:08 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
I'm "slim" and a foodie. We do exist. There are a lot of food/wine tasting events around me that I attend, I also do the farmers market, cooking classes etc. My area is teeming with foodies though. I think everyone thinks they are one. Not all actually are. Then there are those who think they know because they eat the food, but have no concept of actually cooking (ingredients, what fresh/ripe actually looks, smells and feels like etc).

Old 04-30-2013, 11:08 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,527 times
the CDC statistics are a joke. Freaking everyone is obese based on the BMI cut-off

maybe, consider you have bad taste in women? I LOVES me a thick woman. When it's put on right it's SO GOOD. Big boobies, big hips and ass. YUM.

But I should think it shouldn't be too hard to find a relatively slim foodie. The kind of intelligent people that become foodies are also smart/fun enough to see the fun and importance in exercise.

I've had trouble finding foodie friends in general, not just women. I still wish I had more friends to go out and try crazy ethnic foods with me.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
the CDC statistics are a joke. Freaking everyone is obese based on the BMI cut-off

maybe, consider you have bad taste in women? I LOVES me a thick woman. When it's put on right it's SO GOOD. Big boobies, big hips and ass. YUM.

But I should think it shouldn't be too hard to find a relatively slim foodie. The kind of intelligent people that become foodies are also smart/fun enough to see the fun and importance in exercise.

I've had trouble finding foodie friends in general, not just women. I still wish I had more friends to go out and try crazy ethnic foods with me.
I wish CD statistics were a joke.

I don't like T&A. I like women firm.

...And I love trying and cooking crazy ethnic food.

...And you just proved my point, it's not that easy finding such people.

...When I was a freshman in college, women were attractive. In my senior year, the same women put on some flab.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I'm "slim" and a foodie. We do exist. There are a lot of food/wine tasting events around me that I attend, I also do the farmers market, cooking classes etc. My area is teeming with foodies though. I think everyone thinks they are one. Not all actually are. Then there are those who think they know because they eat the food, but have no concept of actually cooking (ingredients, what fresh/ripe actually looks, smells and feels like etc).
Is your area somewhere like the West Coast?

Old 04-30-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Is your area somewhere like the West Coast?
I live in a DC suburb.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:20 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,527 times
Quote:
I wish CD statistics were a joke.
Well, they are a joke. Anyone who isn't almost lanky is "obese", especially with taller people. The cut off rdidiculous and leads to things like professional athletes who happen to be tall being termed as "obese"
You're not going to find firm women who are foodies. You'll find them at the gym/working out.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Well, they are a joke. Anyone who isn't almost lanky is "obese", especially with taller people. The cut off rdidiculous and leads to things like professional athletes who happen to be tall being termed as "obese"
You're not going to find firm women who are foodies. You'll find them at the gym/working out.
Or (crazy concept) he can find a foodie who also goes to the gym

Chick with multiple interests, I know its hard to grasp.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Or (crazy concept) he can find a foodie who also goes to the gym

Chick with multiple interests, I know its hard to grasp.
It's not that often a woman wants to be approached at the gym. They are almost always wearing some kind of headphones, and I learned that headphones usually mean that they are busy.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:28 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
I'm also slim, a foodie, and even lived in Lyon, France for awhile (french foodie mecca). Cookings classes are a good idea (e.g. a Cordon Bleu weekend class). You can try classes at restaurants, colleges, high-end grocers, retail shops (e.g. William Sonoma). You can check out farmers markets, gardening shows. Can you become a member of a botanical garden to attend gardening/cooking events?

What about volunteering to plant a vegetable garden for a food bank (maybe can meet other health conscious foodies)? What about meetup groups? Some cities have dining clubs where you can meet singles while dining at local restaurants or a private club. There are also food/wine trips, cruises for foodies/cooks (e.g. through Gourmet magazine or check with a travel agent).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships