Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this a good reason to break up if this happened to you?
Yes... they are wasting your time 18 75.00%
No.. maybe wait a bit more 1 4.17%
Something else, explain 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 PM

5 posts, read 4,782 times

Advertisements

You accidentally walked into his/her conversation they're having with a friend and they started describing how much of a nice and understanding person you are (and other good qualities) but isn't sure if he/she wants to age with you. Overall they think of you as a nice gf/bf.

I didn't mean to get into my gf's conversation but that's everything I heard. It's really the last part that crushed me. She said it clearly ''Don't think I feel the same but don't know how to tell him'' etc... ''Don't wanna hurt him''. At this point I quietly walked away and left. I proceed on talking a long walk.

It would be understandable if we were teenagers dating for 1-6 months but we've been together for 4 years and our ages are 27 and 26.

As much as it hurts me and I really don't want to, I think I'm going to break up. I haven't been feeling well this hearing all this. I thought of her as much more than a nice gf. The only reason I wasn't directly about it (even thought it's been on my mind for a long while) is because she wouldn't drop any signs of feeling the same. I didn't want she was feeling then and really thought she was just nervous like any person gets when a relationship progresses. Now I know that's not the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 08:26 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
there is no need to jump the gun and call it in the moment, the talk after to clarify things would decide that.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
It would make me feel awful.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,083 times
Have you had discussions about 'the future'? What was said?

Seems like a discussion is in order

Old 05-06-2013, 08:29 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Talk to her. Find out what she was actually saying.

Ask her if it's true.

If she says yes, break up.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
Have you had discussions about 'the future'? What was said?

Seems like a discussion is in order
I did twice and she would smiled and changed the topic. Should have known she wasn't interested at all.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:32 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairwell View Post
You accidentally walked into his/her conversation they're having with a friend and they started describing how much of a nice and understanding person you are (and other good qualities) but isn't sure if he/she wants to age with you. Overall they think of you as a nice gf/bf.

I didn't mean to get into my gf's conversation but that's everything I heard. It's really the last part that crushed me. She said it clearly ''Don't think I feel the same but don't know how to tell him'' etc... ''Don't wanna hurt him''. At this point I quietly walked away and left. I proceed on talking a long walk.

It would be understandable if we were teenagers dating for 1-6 months but we've been together for 4 years and our ages are 27 and 26.

As much as it hurts me and I really don't want to, I think I'm going to break up. I haven't been feeling well this hearing all this. I thought of her as much more than a nice gf. The only reason I wasn't directly about it (even thought it's been on my mind for a long while) is because she wouldn't drop any signs of feeling the same. I didn't want she was feeling then and really thought she was just nervous like any person gets when a relationship progresses. Now I know that's not the case.
I am so sorry you have to go through this. It looks like your girlfriend has some doubts about this relationship. Have a conversation with her, don't give up just yet.

Good luck.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I did twice and she would smiled and changed the topic. Should have known she wasn't interested at all.
You should have insisted that she discuss the topic.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
You should have insisted that she discuss the topic.
I know. I just didn't want to seem as if I were pressuring her. I assumed she was just nervous.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I know. I just didn't want to seem as if I were pressuring her. I assumed she was just nervous.
Well, the past is past.

You certainly need to have the discussion now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships