Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 12:50 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Same here.

And not for nothing, but if a woman is hot, there will be plenty of men who are paying attention to her from which she can choose.
The guy who ignores could be very good looking compare to the others who pay attention.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:37 AM

250 posts, read 400,051 times
Idk about "steal" her, as that implies ownership and that was done away with in 1863. However there's very few attractive females out in the world who don't have at least one guy following her around with stars in his eyes. He might be a shy "friend-zoned" type, somebody she works with, or a bf who's on the way out (wether he knows/likes it or not) but most likely you're going to **** somebody off by dating her. Those guys aren't what she wants though or she wouldn't reciprocate your advances , so **** them, don't be shy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
This probably isn't PC lol but If you want a hot gf more often than not you're going to half to steal her from some other dude.

The vast majority of "hot" women are involved with a guy in some way or another

Old 02-03-2014, 10:19 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
The guy who ignores could be very good looking compare to the others who pay attention.
Why would a woman who has other options be interested in a guy who's either actively ignoring her or too anxious to talk to her?

Old 02-03-2014, 10:22 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Why would a woman who has other options be interested in a guy who's either actively ignoring her or too anxious to talk to her?
That's what I wonder.

And I'm still stuck on how a woman would know that a guy is ignoring her in the first place.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:22 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Because they like a challenge and to hunt.

You always want what you can't (seem to) get.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That's what I wonder.

And I'm still stuck on how a woman would know that a guy is ignoring her in the first place.
What is so difficult to understand?

Imagine you are a woman, you go out with a new group of people, your new friends group of guys. It is mostly guys and of course, they are all interested in meeting the "fresh meat" in the group. You are at a bar and the guys are all kinda trying to get your attention. Nice but just too easy for you.

Then there is this ONE guy, he looks okay, but he is more interested in talking to the other guys as in talking to you. You think "Why doesn't he want me? What is wrong with me?" and you naturally get interested.

So you either do nothing and wonder all evening and then question your friend who that is and you want to go out with them again and try to get him interested in you.

Or you go over right away, start a conversation with him. He is friendly but not flirty. That makes you wonder even more and you try to get him interested in you.

The other aspect is that many women are insecure and don't want to have a bf who just flirts with anybody. If you are chasing after a guy who isn't obviously flirting with you first time he meets you, that sort of gives you the confidence, he is not a cheater.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:16 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Imagine you are a woman, you go out with a new group of people, your new friends group of guys. It is mostly guys and of course, they are all interested in meeting the "fresh meat" in the group. You are at a bar and the guys are all kinda trying to get your attention. Nice but just too easy for you.

Then there is this ONE guy, he looks okay, but he is more interested in talking to the other guys as in talking to you. You think "Why doesn't he want me? What is wrong with me?" and you naturally get interested.

So you either do nothing and wonder all evening and then question your friend who that is and you want to go out with them again and try to get him interested in you.

Or you go over right away, start a conversation with him. He is friendly but not flirty. That makes you wonder even more and you try to get him interested in you.

The other aspect is that many women are insecure and don't want to have a bf who just flirts with anybody. If you are chasing after a guy who isn't obviously flirting with you first time he meets you, that sort of gives you the confidence, he is not a cheater.
I guess the problem is I would never think that.

I've been in that type of situation before and don't assume that everyone wants me, or that a guy who isn't talking to me must be pointedly ignoring me, versus busy talking with others.

Last edited by Katnan; 02-03-2014 at 11:34 AM..

Old 02-03-2014, 11:22 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Why would you think anything's wrong with you if nearly everyone at the bar is trying to get your attention? Someone would have to be awfully narcissistic to even notice that one guy isn't interested, and to care.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:48 PM

A$$hole guys get lots of women. And then the women complain that they are a$$holes.
Guys ignoring women get women to b interested in them.

That's the game. Sounds a bit sick, but it seems to work for some.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:53 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
[quote=Ruth4Truth;33308517]Why would you think anything's wrong with you if nearly everyone at the bar is trying to get your attention? Someone would have to be awfully narcissistic to even notice that one guy isn't interested, and to care.[/quote]

And the assumption that "hot" women are by definition narcissistic would be a foundation for the whole ignoring strategy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships