Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 12:03 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Text him.

There is no set rule.

Just text him.

"Just thinking about you and the fun time I had last week."
That would be okay, but an even better way to find out where he stands would be to text him asking if he'd like to get together again, and having a plan in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 12:09 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Three weeks..Just kidding. I don't personally believe there is any sort of rule for when you shoud call after the first date. I guess you could go the two day route, maybe even make it longer, but that is sort of "game playing". If you really like her and you felt like it was mutual then listen to your gut. If your gut tells you to call her, then call her. It's really not that difficult. Some years back "everybody" had a two day rule if not longer. Or atleast a two day rule after you get someones number. If you have already taken her out on a date, then just call her. But only if you want to. Let your gut make that decision not your mind..Our minds are too fickle anymore, we can't trust them...Kidding, I'm kidding.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:12 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
My second date with my late hubby was 8 hours after the first one ended.

The last guy I dated very much followed the "player's handbook": waited 3 days to call after getting my number, asked me out for a day other than Friday or Saturday (those are the "pressure" date nights, apparently) and then waited three days to call again. There's more to the story, but he learned I didn't get the memo I was just supposed to sit around and wait for his call.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
My second date with my late hubby was 8 hours after the first one ended.

The last guy I dated very much followed the "player's handbook": waited 3 days to call after getting my number, asked me out for a day other than Friday or Saturday (those are the "pressure" date nights, apparently) and then waited three days to call again. There's more to the story, but he learned I didn't get the memo I was just supposed to sit around and wait for his call.

Exactly, that's just game playing bull sh t..Call her if you want to talk with her. It really is that simple. Everything else is just playing games..I'm sure guys or girls love waiting three days to see if someone might want to take them out again. How special they must feel..People seem so afraid of letting others know how they feel that they don't realize that being vulnerable shows alot about a person. And if she likes you the same, most likely she will show vulnerability back..This world is so messed up. Everyone wants to be in control/ not show their true feelings and go on living with giant walls around them. At the same time, they all "expect" a devoted loving partner..Wake up!

You'll hear this over and over from me. You will get what you give in life ONLY when it comes to matters of the heart. It might not happen overnight or the first "whatever" you like. But if you remain honest, things will happen. If you act like a player and choose to never become vulnerable (taking the chance that you might get hurt), then chances are you will never get too far with someone. Women, just like men want to know that they are needed. I personally think that there's not a soul among us who doesn't truly want that.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-15-2013 at 12:33 PM..

Old 05-15-2013, 12:25 PM

114 posts, read 214,549 times
Also it's very nice to text someone what you think of them. Not how they make you feel (yet), but what type of person you perceive them to be: I had a great time with you. I think you are very interesting, attractive, charming... etc.

Everyone likes to receive compliments.

And when you meet the other person, don't forget to listen, listen, listen...

Last edited by Greg323; 05-15-2013 at 12:38 PM..

Old 05-15-2013, 12:34 PM

114 posts, read 214,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Some guys believe that they have to wait 3 days or they seem overeager. (Is this a PUA thing)?

Me, if I don't hear from them within 24 hours I figure they are not THAT interested.

Yes, text him. Maybe he dropped his phone in the river like a woman friend of mine once did.
I disagree with the statement according to which the 3-day rule is a "PUA trick."

Its just a standard etiquette rule, like opening the door for a woman.

It clears misconceptions, too late/too early...

Of course one can deviate from the rule, but it helps avoid the unnecessary and somewhat confusing: when do I call him/her?

Old 05-15-2013, 12:38 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Most of the time, it is pretty quick. Especially if one person or the other is interested.
If you havent heard from him, he is either playing it cool, very busy, not very interested, or waiting for you to contact him.
It sounds like he did everything right.... IMO, the least you can do is text or call him and let him know you enjoyed the other night.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:41 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
If I don't hear from a guy within a few days then I assume he isn't interested. You could call or text him, but in my experience whenever I've been the one to keep things moving forward, the guy just wasn't all that interested and things never turned out how I wanted them to. If this guy really had a great time and is interested in you, you'll hear from him without you prompting him. If not, then on to the next.

Last edited by strawberrykiki; 05-15-2013 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 05-15-2013, 12:57 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
If I don't hear from a guy within a few days then I assume he isn't interested.
The problem with this is that if he doesn't hear from you, he might be making the same assumption about you. Somebody has to reach out.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
The problem with this is that if he doesn't hear from you, he might be making the same assumption about you. Somebody has to reach out.
Yes, but she stated that whenever that did happen, that it would be her who would do the reaching out and for her particular case it never seemed to work. Makes sense to me. She's doing all that she can do, it's her experience with these men that have made her feel this way..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships