Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 01:18 PM

523 posts, read 840,208 times

Advertisements

If a guy likes you, he will contact you. For me, normally the same day or the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 01:19 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Yes, but she stated that whenever that did happen, that it would be her who would do the reaching out and for her particular case it never seemed to work. Makes sense to me. She's doing all that she can do, it's her experience with these men that have made her feel this way..
Waiting around for someone to contact her is not "doing all that she can do." By that definition, he's doing all he can do, too. I'm just saying neither of them are reaching out to each other. They're equally to blame, unless you maintain the 1950's viewpoint that the man should always initiate.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:27 PM

527 posts, read 600,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
The phone works both ways. It sounds like he hasn't contacted you, but you haven't contacted him, either. Reach out if you're interested. If not, move on.
This.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:31 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times
Quote:
Waiting around for someone to contact her is not "doing all that she can do." By that definition, he's doing all he can do, too. I'm just saying neither of them are reaching out to each other. They're equally to blame, unless you maintain the 1950's viewpoint that the man should always initiate.

My impression of what she was saying is that if the guy didn't call he most likely wasn't that interested. To go any deeper would be an awful assumption on my part. I don't have all the answers, so I really can't say for sure if she did all that she could do. Seeing how I can't speak on behalf of everything that Strawberry ever did, I think I'll let her elaborate on that one if she even cares too..

I don't have a 1950's viewpoint. I think if a women likes a man, then they can approach him too. However, having said that I do think that the man should pay for the first date. That is my opinion. I might be a bit old fashioned in that regard. I don't understand the whole "going dutch" or whatever..The feminist movement wasn't so guys could get out of paying dates it was for egual pay and egual rights. Just saying, so that we don't get off topic and make it about that..

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-15-2013 at 01:42 PM..

Old 05-15-2013, 01:32 PM

523 posts, read 840,208 times
Quote:
Maybe but it's already been 3 days. Suggests to me that he's not really interested.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
Maybe but it's already been 3 days. Suggests to me that he's not really interested.
I'm not sure my point is coming across correctly.

Let's assume that no contact for three days does in fact mean a person is not interested. He has not contacted her for three days, so that means he is not interested. She also has not contacted him for three days. Doesn't that mean she's also not interested, if we are to use that assumption?

Old 05-15-2013, 02:06 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times
Quote:
I'm not sure my point is coming across correctly.

Let's assume that no contact for three days does in fact mean a person is not interested. He has not contacted her for three days, so that means he is not interested. She also has not contacted him for three days. Doesn't that mean she's also not interested, if we are to use that assumption?

I am not going to assume all that from one post by strawberry. She isn't even the op' and I think that she was just expressing her thoughts on the situation. If in her experience, she feels unwanted if the guy doesnt' call her in three days, then who am I to argue? I am sure that she reached out the best way that she knew how. Then again, I cannot speak for her and now I am assuming..Enough making an asz out of me and u!!

I think I see what she is saying is all. I understand your point as well. It's never that simple. When we talk about relationships on this forum what is interesting is that you have so many view points from all different walks of life and all ages..Someone (a women) who is sixty most likely chances are that they would never think to pay for a first date. Now some girl who is eighteen might not view that the same way. I hope that makes any sense. Perhaps your generation has a serious hang up when it comes to dating. Perhaps you were led to believe that "courtship" is egual now. It's not. That's about the only thing I can say with absolute assurity..Men, will still mainly take the initiative..It's just not that close as you would like it yet. Sorry, but that is the truth. Weather it is fair or not..Many guys actually still like it that way. So do many women.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:31 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
From experience,

If there is no conversation the same night as the date then there was never a second date

Old 05-15-2013, 02:36 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
The problem with this is that if he doesn't hear from you, he might be making the same assumption about you. Somebody has to reach out.
You're not wrong. And she definitely should reach out if she wants to. It won't hurt anything to send a text letting him know she had a nice time. In the past I had no problem doing that after a few days if I was interested and hadn't heard anything. I'm only saying that in my personal experience, guys that were really interested in me made sure to reach out to me and plan another date within a few days. If they didn't and I reached out to them, then even if they were receptive to me reaching out they were only going along with things because of my prompting if that makes sense. I think when a man really likes a woman he pursues her. Yeah these are modern times, but some things are the way they are. Men and women are different. Guys like to pursue and if they like you, they will. I'm sure there are exceptions and in theory yes a woman shouldn't wait at home for a guy to call. She can call him. But in reality, I just don't think it works that way.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
From experience,

If there is no conversation the same night as the date then there was never a second date
That doesn't fit my experience at all. (Not saying mine is right and yours is wrong. Just saying yours isn't universal.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships