Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 03:11 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times

Advertisements

I've wondered about this. Dunno if this or the psychological forum is the most appropriate, but since it's relevant to relationships...

Strippers and prostitutes, I would think, would develop a rather jaded, cynical, and negative view towards men. It's only natural. Not saying all, but I think most. If you feel you're constantly being used for sex day in day out you might begin to see men as lecherous, pathetic and one-dimensional, and lose respect for them. Of course many women CHOOSE this career path and some actually enjoy it or don't mind it and still don't think differently of men, but I've heard anecdotally that many prostitutes and strippers eventually get so turned off men, because they associate them with work and loveless or even pleasureless sex, that they become lesbians. Is there truth to that?

Do you think many strippers/prostitutes become resentful towards men in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 03:35 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
without men, they wouldnt have that income....but i do imagine on some levels they despise the sickos, and attitudes men have towards them.,,,

Old 05-21-2013, 04:22 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,367 times
They meet a lot of rude, nasty men which can lead to resentment of the male gender as a whole.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:52 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
I don't think the strippers I've met resent men...but maybe that's because I'm polite to them, so they don't hate me...presumably. I'm sure there are some people who make them hate their jobs though...and I'm not sure how numerous those people are. They might be pretty numerous.

Unfortunately, there may be this view of them as trash not deserving of respect rather than mothers supporting their children...etc.

Last edited by Clintone; 05-21-2013 at 05:14 AM..

Old 05-21-2013, 05:14 AM

Maybe despise and don't respect is a better word. On one hand they rely on them, on the other they see them as both beneath them and also using them. It's a love/hate relationship.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Maybe despise and don't respect is a better word. On one hand they rely on them, on the other they see them as both beneath them and also using them. It's a love/hate relationship.
Some of them might think of themselves as artists too.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I don't think the strippers I've met resent men...but maybe that's because I'm polite to them, so they don't hate me...presumably. I'm sure there are some people who make them hate their jobs though...and I'm not sure how numerous those people are. They might be pretty numerous.

Unfortunately, there may be this view of them as trash not deserving of respect rather than mothers supporting their children...etc.
That's true, a lot of their clients probably don't respect them by default. One time when I was at a strip club (one of the few times I've been, I went with a friend I hadn't seen for ages who insisted on going) one of the strippers threw an ice cube at my crotch. Whether on purpose or carelessly (either way she knew I was there) I don't know, but I got a bit miffed and threw it at her back. She turned round and if looks could kill - didn't know who did it, though lol...I felt a bit guilty about it, though, even if she 'started it' I should have restrained myself.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:24 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,627,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've wondered about this. Dunno if this or the psychological forum is the most appropriate, but since it's relevant to relationships...

Strippers and prostitutes, I would think, would develop a rather jaded, cynical, and negative view towards men. It's only natural. Not saying all, but I think most. If you feel you're constantly being used for sex day in day out you might begin to see men as lecherous, pathetic and one-dimensional, and lose respect for them. Of course many women CHOOSE this career path and some actually enjoy it or don't mind it and still don't think differently of men, but I've heard anecdotally that many prostitutes and strippers eventually get so turned off men, because they associate them with work and loveless or even pleasureless sex, that they become lesbians. Is there truth to that?

Do you think many strippers/prostitutes become resentful towards men in general?
Maybe walk out some time outside of your home to nearbly palces/bars and see how the mainstream guys act anyways. They don't need to be prostitutes to get a cynical and negative view of men. If any guy makes an approach or hits on them that night, there's a likely chance that he's a random loser who is attempting to get laid, while women out there are seen as the meat flashing with the short skirts and tight clothes, cleavages, high heels and makeup. On top of all that, they date around or search for a date in an environment where everyone is already intoxicated with alcohol withing their friend' company.
This is my observation in general.

On top of that, significant portion of guys whom I saw are generally NOT far from this behavior even when they are dating someone either. It's truly unpleasant when you see them cater to another woman and you know they are supposedly cohabiting with someone else and emulating a "marriage". You know, you don't need papers to be married. Oh yeah, you don't need to be with one person to be married either, it's so great because you can walk away easier into another "marriage" and no papers will be required. No wonder when folks talk about failed cohabitation statistics - it's all about the attitude. I can pinpoint cohabitations that will probably fail among the guys that I've observed (and generally by their fault, not knowing if the other cohabitations will fail by the other party because I only know one side). Good thing is that they didn't produce any children in it and that they don't plan any children either.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
Maybe walk out some time outside of your home to nearbly palces/bars and see how the mainstream guys act anyways. They don't need to be prostitutes to get a cynical and negative view of men. If any guy makes an approach or hits on them that night, there's a likely chance that he's a random loser who is attempting to get laid, while women out there are seen as the meat flashing with the short skirts and tight clothes, cleavages, high heels and makeup. On top of all that, they date around or search for a date in an environment where everyone is already intoxicated with alcohol withing their friend' company.
This is my observation in general.

On top of that, significant portion of guys whom I saw are generally NOT far from this behavior even when they are dating someone either. It's truly unpleasant when you see them cater to another woman and you know they are supposedly cohabiting with someone else and emulating a "marriage". You know, you don't need papers to be married. Oh yeah, you don't need to be with one person to be married either, it's so great because you can walk away easier into another "marriage" and no papers will be required. No wonder when folks talk about failed cohabitation statistics - it's all about the attitude. I can pinpoint cohabitations that will probably fail among the guys that I've observed (and generally by their fault, not knowing if the other cohabitations will fail by the other party because I only know one side). Good thing is that they didn't produce any children in it and that they don't plan any children either.
The general culture-inspired goal in the west for males seems to be to have sex with as many women as possible. Marrying and starting a family is portrayed as a not quite a failure, but a willingness to settle for a less than ideal situation. The portrayed ideal lifestyle is lots and lots of sex with strangers.

Why does a women play the drunken woman coming out of the club with clothes hanging off her body game though, if she doesn't want short term sex?

Old 05-21-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
The general culture-inspired goal in the west for males seems to be to have sex with as many women as possible. Marrying and starting a family is portrayed as a not quite a failure, but a willingness to settle for a less than ideal situation. The portrayed ideal lifestyle is lots and lots of sex with strangers.

Why does a women play the drunken woman coming out of the club with clothes hanging off her body game though, if she doesn't want short term sex?
Women who get drunk might not intend to go home with a guy (at least consciously) but by putting herself in that situation she sure makes that much more likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships