Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 10:44 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Older guys play to many games. I dated older guys in my early and mid 20's and now looking back I wish I would have dated the guys my age.
That way,we would have grown together.
Lol...not all older guys who are interested in younger early-20's gals are like that...some of them can truly respect and treat their special ladies, as 100% full and true equals, with no games and no inequality whatsoever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 11:19 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Life does not always work out the way we hope, I always wonder what it would have been like to get married in my early 20's and have a text book life not worrying about who is going to screw me in a divorce or child support or counseling or whatever.
First you have to make it through those first 5 years of marriage. Those were a *****. I still knew he was awesome, but there are major growing pains when you marry early. I'm glad we did it and wouldn't change it. Most people wait until 30 to marry here and I can't tell you how many times we got told by friends that we were ape**** crazy.

We worked hard for it but it was also a lot of luck. It's definitely not textbook or simple. I wouldn't advise anyone to go aim early or later. I suspect it's tough either way.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:21 PM

470 posts, read 1,162,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
First you have to make it through those first 5 years of marriage. Those were a *****. I still knew he was awesome, but there are major growing pains when you marry early. I'm glad we did it and wouldn't change it. Most people wait until 30 to marry here and I can't tell you how many times we got told by friends that we were ape**** crazy.

We worked hard for it but it was also a lot of luck. It's definitely not textbook or simple. I wouldn't advise anyone to go aim early or later. I suspect it's tough either way.
Do you think it was because you two were still changing (maturing) or he was immature? I know generally dudes mature faster than girls..?

Old 05-27-2013, 12:02 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
Do you think it was because you two were still changing (maturing) or he was immature? I know generally dudes mature faster than girls..?
We were both maturing. If you grow together, it all works out. If it happens separately, inevitably, you're going to be heading in different directions.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:31 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
Girls usually mature before boys. That's why girls tend to go with somewhat older guys in HS and/or college.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:59 AM

1,000 posts, read 2,352,080 times
...dunno. I was pretty straight-laced in college but had fun, got a job straight out of school, worked my ass off throughout my early/mid-twenties, and now I'm sort of letting loose a bit at 27. I basically spent the last so many years saving up and having a fairly boring life in a rural area that's close to work, living in my grandparent's rental house.

I just moved across the state line to a booming college town with more social opportunities, bought a house on my own, set up a music studio in said house, bought a small sports truck that I've always wanted, have plans to buy a muscle car this summer since it's always been a dream of mine, etc. I'm sort of at a point where I'm more concerned with enjoying right now than wanting something different out of the past or worrying about the future anymore. I spent the last so many years setting myself up for "the future", but you have to eventually cut that mentality off at some point and start living. Hemorrhaging years of happiness off of your life in favor of furthering your career/saving money is somewhat risky...you can very easily fall into a trap of sorts and never learn to be happy with what you are and where you are. I think that I came dangerously close to that.

I feel like it's time to finally enjoy all that I've worked for...essentially, I've traded time for savings. It should always be more about making yourself happy, whatever that may be. While working my ass off during the past several years and doing "the right thing", I've basically found out a lot about myself and know what I want out of life for now. I don't care about what I missed out on, I'm just ready to make where I am right now one of the best stretches of my life. Not really sure about how I feel in terms of "did I waste valuable years for my career?", but I'm beginning something enjoyable now because of it all...it's probably just a wash in the end anyway.

Last edited by TelecasterBlues; 05-27-2013 at 03:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships