Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 07:25 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,416,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I think there is just an impulse to pick apart women who are 26+ and unmarried. The thought is always something must be "wrong" with her. Of course, women who are married are by no means perfect themselves. LOL. If a woman is generally generally sane, is not prone to sticking with losers too long and doesn't resemble a troll doll then I don't think there is anything inherently in her personality that makes her "unworthy" of coupledom.

Also, a lot of the criticism in this thread seems based on Jet's sarcasm. Or at least, I read it as sarcasm but some take it to heart. So if you think she's funny then you don't have an issue with her, but if you don't read it as jokes you think she's a bitter wench who hates girly girls.

And even if she was bitter, there are a lot of bitter married chicks so that's not the reason she's single anyway. LOL

I think she is a girly girl, just not all the time. I don't know too many women that can pull of the Pin Up dresses that JJ seems to love and look good in them like I bet she does. I actually know ONE and she is very tall, slender, married, has chosen not to have children, very long almost black hair and loves the Pin Up dresses. All the other women I know are either not comfortable in them or would not look good in them because of height, weight, proportion or whatever the reason. Like me, I am very short and do not think I would look good in one of the pin up dresses, too short and small twins that would not hold those dresses up well anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 07:30 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,251,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think she is a girly girl, just not all the time. I don't know too many women that can pull of the Pin Up dresses that JJ seems to love and look good in them like I bet she does. I actually know ONE and she is very tall, slender, married, has chosen not to have children, very long almost black hair and loves the Pin Up dresses. All the other women I know are either not comfortable in them or would not look good in them because of height, weight, proportion or whatever the reason. Like me, I am very short and do not think I would look good in one of the pin up dresses, too short and small twins that would not hold those dresses up well anyway.

wtf are pin up dresses?

....Off topic, but one thing many tall women can pull off really well is a long skirt.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post

wtf are pin up dresses?

....Off topic, but one thing many tall women can pull off really well is a long skirt.

Vintage Dresses | Pinup Girl Clothing

If I remember correctly JJ said she recently purchased a dress similar to this one: http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/cou...-red-rose.html

Old 05-28-2013, 07:36 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,229,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I don't think this is JJ's fault.

Some guys are just jerks. Why is that so hard to believe?

Maybe I can relate,because I'm also unattractive.
The attractive,or even average woman, won't understand.
Most guys who attempt to go on a date with us unattractive girls don't really want to get to knwo us. They just think we will put out faster because we *might* be desperate and have low self esteem. If we don't,they bail.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer,but that's pretty much how my life has been going.
The guy is not a jerk. He does not owe her anything. She was not for him. She will find someone who is. She has the one thing she needs, confidence. I was thinking of this forum this weekend. I was at a kid thing with my daughter. There was a woman there with her child and husband. He was holding her, arm around her. Happy little family. She was BUTT ugly. Big buck teeth literally poking out of her face, completely changing the shape of her face, and not in a good way, in a way that did not look like a face.

She must have captured her husband's attention because she is attractive.

You may not "want" to be a Debbie Downer, but if you are being one, you are doing everything in your power to BE REALLY unattractive.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:39 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,833,653 times
Quote:
I think she is a girly girl, just not all the time. I don't know too many women that can pull of the Pin Up dresses that JJ seems to love and look good in them like I bet she does.

I agree. I think she seems like a regular lipstick wearing, cute dress loving chick who happens to like video games, cars and sci fi. She doesn't come across like Chynna to me LOL. She's just not a super extra pink frilly girly girl But it's whatever I guess. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
There was a woman there with her child and husband. He was holding her, arm around her. Happy little family. She was BUTT ugly. Big buck teeth literally poking out of her face, completely changing the shape of her face, and not in a good way, in a way that did not look like a face.

See this is what I am talking about right here. There are women who most people would consider butt ugly who are married. There are women with horrible personalities who are married. There are women who are super smart, women who are dumb as dirt, women who are tall, women who are short, women who are fat, women who are skinny... all married or coupled. At the same time, there are beautiful women who are nice people who can't seem to find a decent guy. This is why I don't get the need to find a "reason" a single woman is single. Unless she's a certified nutter, she probably just hasn't met the right guy yet.

Jet keeps scoring dates so she's not unattractive, and she gets a decent amount of them to stick around for multiple dates so there's enough there for guys to explore her as an option. She seems self aware and reasonably mature, seems to keep an eye on growing as a person and working on herself. Now that she moved somewhere where there are more takers, she can keep putting herself out there and meeting more people. Eventually someone will click.

Last edited by Tinawina; 05-28-2013 at 07:49 AM..

Old 05-28-2013, 09:28 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,757,076 times
Jet, sorry to hear the news, you seem like a very cool lady I'd love to hang out with if you were still in CA.

It's never pleasant to have a breakup, but I have to agree, I think he was trying to give you a manufactured "polite" reason rather than telling you something like "I've found someone I like better."

Glad to see you're moving on and best of luck with the new guy!

Old 05-28-2013, 09:54 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,240,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Smoking hot women who are not nuturers get pumped and dumped once a man grows tired of her.
I'm not smoking hot, but I do have to disagree. To my estimation, I'm not all that nurturing, yet been in an LTR for several years.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:07 AM

37,771 posts, read 46,255,501 times
Quote:
Vintage Dresses | Pinup Girl Clothing

If I remember correctly JJ said she recently purchased a dress similar to this one: Deadly Dames Courtesan Swing Dress in Red Rose Print | Pinup Girl Clothing
If JJ actually dresses like this all the time, she wouldn't have any problems attracting men...she could just go to any car show...and they'd be all over her.

I suspect that such an outfit is not the norm for her, in reality. I have a nice Marilyn-style sundress myself...but it's certainly not an everyday outfit. Definitely just for certain occasions.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,861,746 times
Goodness, those are pricey.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
If JJ actually dresses like this all the time, she wouldn't have any problems attracting men...she could just go to any car show...and they'd be all over her.

I suspect that such an outfit is not the norm for her, in reality. I have a nice Marilyn-style sundress myself...but it's certainly not an everyday outfit. Definitely just for certain occasions.

I did not mean it is the normal way of dressing for her on a daily basis, what I said is that I think she is a "girly girl" just not ALL the time, huge difference. I also don't think she has problems attracting men but she ends up being much more woman and multi faceted than they anticipated.

Since I do not know Jet Jockey personally I am only guessing on a lot of this and going by the information that has been posted previously on the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships