Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:47 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,867,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Walk away from this guy. Don't look back.

He let his guard down and unwittingly told you something really ugly about himself. It's beyond foolish to rationalize away warning signs and you've been handed a huge red flag. You absolutely do not know that he would never mistreat a girl; you've just made that up and you are rationalizing his bad behavior.

In fact, I would be slightly more cautious around his male friends since people tend to hang out with others who share their belief system.
Keep two eyes open. I can joke and tease and never mention the word rape. Ever. To my friend? To a stranger? When is this ever right?
Well maybe the one about the bear and the hunter. That joke is hilarious. But it's a bear and a hunter and they aren't REAL> You are real. Therefore, no rape jokes.

Note, this joke is 18+
http://www.experienceproject.com/sto...iddles/1510632
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 12:02 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,023,145 times
Yes, avoid him forever.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:07 PM

102,326 posts, read 108,528,905 times
Inappropriate. This was a platonic friend of yours? Really strange thing to say. Whether he has romantic feelings for you will show itself in other ways in the future. The question is: would you be interested in a guy like this?

Old 05-26-2013, 12:08 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,359,687 times
Is he quiet, keeps to himself, has a crawlspace?

Old 05-26-2013, 01:59 PM

12,334 posts, read 17,194,003 times
Dumb joke from an man attracted to you.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:35 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,718,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Dumb joke from an man attracted to you.
Yes this.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:23 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,495,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna181 View Post
Guys,

That guy friend of mine joked about raping me as we were teasing each other (in a totally non-sexual way...). We were joking, telling annoying things to each other on purpose and he ended up saying this, in a joking way of course, kind of like "if you don't stop this i'm gonna rape you... so please don't stop ! ". He is a well educated guy, always nice to me, i know for sure he would never mistreat a girl of course. I made him understand i didn't really find the joke funny, things got awkward and he kind of apologized and felt a bit stupid...

What does it mean ? Could it mean he might be a bit attracted to me ?

Thanks in advance...
It is a rather tasteless attempt to let you know he finds you attractive and would like to sleep with you if he could. But don't worry. Chances are, every other male friend you have wants to sleep with you, too. That doesn't mean they (or he) is going to do anything about it.

Here is a rule of thumb that will rarely fail you in life: men almost never go out of their way to befriend women unless they have a romantic and/or sexual motive. Almost never. If you have a male friend who goes out of his way to see you and spend time with you, the chances he hopes for something more than friendship some day are about 99%.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:22 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,035,170 times
A statement like that would unnerve me. Joke or no joke, friend or no friend. People don't say something like that to another. If it were me in your shoes, I would excuse myself from all future hang outs.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:28 PM

17 posts, read 13,734 times
Quote:
Guys,

That guy friend of mine joked about raping me as we were teasing each other (in a totally non-sexual way...). We were joking, telling annoying things to each other on purpose and he ended up saying this, in a joking way of course, kind of like "if you don't stop this i'm gonna rape you... so please don't stop ! ". He is a well educated guy, always nice to me, i know for sure he would never mistreat a girl of course. I made him understand i didn't really find the joke funny, things got awkward and he kind of apologized and felt a bit stupid...

Thanks in advance...
If you have a guy friend, that means he's attracted to you.

Guys aren't friends with girls that they wouldn't consider having sex with.

Unless they are queers.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:10 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,379,686 times
Quote:
Guys,

Thanks in advance...
Tread carefully.

Rape is really not funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships