Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 09:55 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShadow View Post
I think muleskinner is pointing out that some men overestimate their strength and end up injuring themselves or they injure themselves because they're not careful about how they lift and move things. It sounds like your grandfather is able to do these things because he keeps himself fit, and I'd also guess that he is also pretty aware of the limits of his strength.
Yes, he knows the limits of his strength.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 10:25 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
Pull a plane/truck like this?!?!?

Iron Crotch truck pull - YouTube

Old 05-26-2013, 10:40 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,298,587 times
It is definitely nowhere near the top of the list, but all other things being equal, women tend to prefer a physically strong man over a physically weak one. They don't usually want a guy to look like a bodybuilder, but strength is an attractive trait. Coordination is also attractive, which is probably the reason why most women prefer a dancer's physique to a weightlifter's.

In my experience women can be turned on by feats of brute strength, even though they may also be worried about your safety. The strength is particularly attractive if it is used to do something that requires a gentle touch as well. For example, being able to lift and carry a woman up the steps to bed without waking her can be sexy, and it actually requires quite a bit of balance and strength.

Plenty of physically weak guys have no trouble attracting women, but it is generally not their weakness that makes them more attractive.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:52 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
I just want him to be stronger than I am. You know, in case I need someone to lift a heavy box, flip a heavy tire, or pull a plane.

Seriously, though. I can open my own jars, carry my own groceries, and move furniture around. I would like it if an able-bodied man could do that stuff for himself, too. But if he pops a few disks in his back or otherwise gets injured, I'll understand.

And I don't want anyone picking me up off the ground. Ever.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:55 AM

82 posts, read 92,483 times
Be able to give your 6' 3" 326 pound buddy a piggyback ride so she can laugh.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:02 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I just want him to be stronger than I am. You know, in case I need someone to lift a heavy box, flip a heavy tire, or pull a plane.

Seriously, though. I can open my own jars, carry my own groceries, and move furniture around. I would like it if an able-bodied man could do that stuff for himself, too. But if he pops a few disks in his back or otherwise gets injured, I'll understand.
lol

Old 05-26-2013, 11:16 AM

That's funny you gals should mention 'flipping tires'.

How to you think a 265-75R-16...LOAD E with a 8 lug forged rim gets moved and put on?

Never mind the factory 158 ft lbs torque the lugnuts need.....X 8 per tire.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:19 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's_Next View Post
That's funny you gals should mention 'flipping tires'.

How to you think a 265-75R-16...LOAD E with a 8 lug forged rim gets moved and put on?

Never mind the factory 158 ft lbs torque the lugnuts need.....X 8 per tire.
flipping tires to me = this

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...65fgo1_500.png

I am 5'7" 118lb 18% body fat. I can do that with no problem. My boyfriend can easily do that too.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
flipping tires to me = this

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...65fgo1_500.png

I am 5'7" 118lb 18% body fat. I can do that with no problem. My boyfriend can easily do that too.
Looks a bit "yuppie" to me......

Monster Jam - San Antonio 2008 - Grave Digger Monster Truck - YouTube

Doc Holliday - Keep On Running - YouTube

Old 05-26-2013, 12:01 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShadow View Post
I think muleskinner is pointing out that some men overestimate their strength and end up injuring themselves or they injure themselves because they're not careful about how they lift and move things. It sounds like your grandfather is able to do these things because he keeps himself fit, and I'd also guess that he is also pretty aware of the limits of his strength.
Exactly..guys such as myself over estimate their strength,agility and speed (and not to mention intelligence ) on a daily basis and the older we get,the more it hurts for the next week..a few years ago I had a horse kick me in my upper leg leg so hard that he drove some of the keys I had in my pocket into my leg muscles like a nail and I was able to walk it off enough to get to my truck and doctor myself at home with no real problems..THIS year I got kicked in my right hip and it was just a glancing blow and I couldn't walk straight for days after..a couple of years makes a huge difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships